Good places to live?

vinoboy

Omagh.

Been out there a few times for a night out, brilliant place.
People are really friendly.

Avoid Belfast, it's a cesspit full of scum bags.
Most of my remarks and observations are based on life in Omagh ,so ST333ve , sectarian bigots who see things in black/white perspective would not be usual or welcome in Omagh .That is why it is a friendly place.Orangemen and nationalists generally co-exist friendly in that town .

Lee McKeown

I hear Strabane is a great spot?
If you can get top rate DLA off the Brits (try 'stress', 'depression' or 'a bad back', whilst nipping over the border every fortnight to sign on and claim their unemployment benefits and get a wee bit of taxiing on the sly you're sorted.

At least that's what I'm told usually happens in that cesspit of a town.

Republic32

If you can get top rate DLA off the Brits (try 'stress', 'depression' or 'a bad back', whilst nipping over the border every fortnight to sign on and claim their unemployment benefits and get a wee bit of taxiing on the sly you're sorted.

And right they are too!!!
fleece the occupying power for everything he is stupid enough to give you. :D

weepee

Omagh.

Been out there a few times for a night out, brilliant place.
People are really friendly.

Avoid Belfast, it's a cesspit full of scum bags.
I suggest that anywhere with a population of 600,000 has its fair share of 'scumbags', tho, when you know were to go and not go, the people are pretty friendly.

vinoboy

Strabane - grim !!!!!!!
Try Newtownsteart up the road ,more picturesque and less chavs .

Scipio

Most of Northern Ireland itself ain't great, let's be honest. The nicest part of Ulster is Donegal.

oboe

Most of Northern Ireland itself ain't great, let's be honest. The nicest part of Ulster is Donegal.
Donegal is beautiful in a desolate sort of way. Doesn't compare though to the rolling hills of South Down;)

Miriam Daly

Harsh words there BC Ive been in it a few times and the people are great not many jobs but thats not the peoples of Strabanes fault maybe 30 odd years of war state discrimination west of the Bann bad transport infrastructure etc etc all has allot more to do with the financial situation of the people in West Tyrone than any pre conceived notions of lazy lumpen.
The sectarian overtones in each of your posts are nauseating.

SevenStars

Are you serious?

Obviously you have never been to Tyrone or Antrim or South Armagh....The six counties contain some of the most beautiful landscape in Ireland only rivaled by Cork and Kerry.

SevenStars

Donegal is beautiful in a desolate sort of way. Doesn't compare though to the rolling hills of South Down;)
For once I agree with you!

Northern Voice

Are you serious?

Obviously you have never been to Tyrone or Antrim or South Armagh....The six counties contain some of the most beautiful landscape in Ireland only rivaled by Cork and Kerry.
The North Antrim coastline is truly beautiful.

Cato

Are you serious?

I have to say that I think the most beautiful spot in Ireland that I've ever encountered is the Doo Lough in Mayo.

Lee McKeown

Anyone know much about Carryduff?
Rents are quite pricey. Not sure if your Housing benefit would cover it.

Oh, and you'd be required to join in the monthly sectarian assaults on the protestant homes at the edge of Killynure estate.

Seems to be a 'rite of passage' amongst Carryduff's Nationalist blow-ins....

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies