• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Good to see one Irish company flying high!

revolution

And they pay their taxes in ireland.

(Fix the thread title spelling dude before astral goes nuclear :)

ruserious

Watch this space for the newly emerging Irish owned company, Stripe which has gotten early investment from paypal and facebook investors.

SeanieFitz

As does Michael O'Leary, no base in Malta or Switzerland for Michael.

I have mixed feelings about MO'L, on the one hand i admire him however I would not like my kids to have to work for Ryanair.

Fides

Reported it straightaway. Hit the send button too quickly. I'm a two finger typist and hit n before a!

Picasso Republic

Ryanair is the jewel in the crown of Irish startups over the past 20 or so years.

Any criticism of Ryanair from a custoer perspective is based on 'what people would like' as opposed to 'what they have paid for'. If people want 'silver service' then they should pay for that service and complain if they dont get it. But current complaints targeting Ryanair are akin to someone complaining they dont have A/C or Leather Upholstery in their new car when they didnt pay for it (and knew they weren't paying for it).

In terms of wages and conditions - Ryanair has a reputation for 'lower pay and no unions' but there never seems to be a shortage of staff.

Dunlin3

Flown with Ryanair a few times over the last few months. No complaints from me!

revolution

As does Michael O'Leary, no base in Malta or Switzerland for Michael.

I have mixed feelings about MO'L, on the one hand i admire him however I would not like my kids to have to work for Ryanair.
Very very shrewd businessman,pity we didn't have more like him,although i'd say he's a total bollox to work for

Politics matters

Ryanair is the jewel in the crown of Irish startups over the past 20 or so years.

Any criticism of Ryanair from a custoer perspective is based on 'what people would like' as opposed to 'what they have paid for'. If people want 'silver service' then they should pay for that service and complain if they dont get it. But current complaints targeting Ryanair are akin to someone complaining they dont have A/C or Leather Upholstery in their new car when they didnt pay for it (and knew they weren't paying for it).

In terms of wages and conditions - Ryanair has a reputation for 'lower pay and no unions' but there never seems to be a shortage of staff.
I've said this before and I will say it again, Ryanair would not survive in North American. Americans don't require good customer service, they demand it, for that reason alone the company worthy of taking over the North American routes.

Ribeye

Niall996

Funny old one Ryanair. Companies all over the world trying their hardest to improve the service to their customers, find new ways to 'delight the customer' and develop values marketing linked to noble cause etc and Ryanair manages to cruise along with nothing but disdain for it's customers. There could be a strong message in that for other companies. Maybe all that matters in life is the cheapest price and a lot of recent pro consumer trends have been a load of baloney really.

toconn

I've said this before and I will say it again, Ryanair would not survive in North American. Americans don't require good customer service, they demand it, for that reason alone the company worthy of taking over the North American routes.
Are you kidding ? I've flown internal flights with many US airlines and the service was dire ! Cancellations , lateness etc.....you sound like all the Americans who come here complaining about high prices and bad hotels which in my experience knock spots off the ones they have.

Picasso Republic

I'm sure they'd do fine concentrating on European holidaymakers or European ExPats based in the US looking for a 'value' flight home. To be honest if one could survive without the Americans one would be better off - lard-a$$ed pains in the butt.

Without American customers the planes are lighter and others can enjoy the comfort of their seat without the person next to them 'overflowing' into other seats.

Hired a car at Hertz Dublin last week and was unlucky to arrive at their desk immediately following a US flight - why does an American require 15-20 minutes per person to complete car rental documents......................................was waiting 1 hour.

Mad as Fish

Do you not think that 430,000 on the dole might have something to do with that?

Picasso Republic

Michael O'Leary should be applauded by the Irish State - not only has he remained a resident of Ireland for Tax Purposes, he has kept the RYA commercial HQ in Dublin, all the aircraft are registered in Ireland, the staff paid through Ireland etc etc.

And yet we see 'moaners' talk about 'being treated like cattle' (ffs) - what do you want? seems to me a proportion of the population want to wander onto the plane with no interference from airport staff, bring any luggage they want and not be charged, arrive in a wheelchair, require a commode or have an oxygen bottle without pre-notifying the airline, they want free food and drink and probably a bj from the stewardess AND all for €25.

Bet many 'moaners' go to GAA matches (tickets printed in Italy and USA), listen to U2 (business registered in NL - and of course 'artists' in Ireland) and are happy to see friends and family emigrate (somewhere to visit).

Jack Charlton was feted everywhere he travelled in Ireland and what exactly did he do - managed a team which won a few football games and lifted the nation - and yet so many believe MOL is 'the devil incarnate' - makes no sense to me.