• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Google AdWords

Malbekh

A depressing sign of the times. The Google adwords banner that appears above this post replicates the articles and keywords that are used.

As you would expect, a lot of the banner ads are for political parties and political personalities, as well as oddities like MMO's and software packages.

Increasingly though I'm getting:

Reduced Cost Counselling
No to Pedophelia
Want to quit your job

You are what you type it would appear these days, and this is a reflection on what's on the boards at the moment.

EarlyBird

Fair play to the lads.... I like it.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zKt9vp-IZg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zKt9vp-IZg[/ame]

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com
Goes to show you....even google knows you're bent on living in the past.

SPN

If you see an ad from someone you don't like, click on it and have them make a contribution to the running costs of P.ie.

Simples:

L

lochlannach

If you see an ad from someone you don't like, click on it and have them make a contribution to the running costs of P.ie.

Simples:
Seriously?! Makes sense - never thought of it that way.

ManOfReason

If you're using Firefox, install ****************************************** Plus (get to it from your add ons menu in Tools) and kiss the spam bye bye.
Because Politices.ie runs on fresh air? Best solution is now and then to click on an ad for a political group or company you don't like. That way you are costing them money while also supporting P.ie - which I imagine probably really needs the clicks these days.

Rural

A depressing sign of the times. The Google adwords banner that appears above this post replicates the articles and keywords that are used.

As you would expect, a lot of the banner ads are for political parties and political personalities, as well as oddities like MMO's and software packages.

Increasingly though I'm getting:

Reduced Cost Counselling
No to Pedophelia
Want to quit your job

You are what you type it would appear these days, and this is a reflection on what's on the boards at the moment.
Hey there you. Howareya doin'?

at768

Because Politices.ie runs on fresh air? Best solution is now and then to click on an ad for a political group or company you don't like. That way you are costing them money while also supporting P.ie - which I imagine probably really needs the clicks these days.
P.ie really should have merchandise for sale in addition to the ads, I'd rather support P.ie by buying stuff than having ads enabled.

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com
P.ie really should have merchandise for sale in addition to the ads, I'd rather support P.ie by buying stuff than having ads enabled.
Yes! Excellent idea!

Monte could start with some green P.ie branded AR's...

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com
Don't think that at768 would like that - it seems to have only two settings. :)
You think "Safe" and "Zombies" might be too restrictive?!?!?

at768

I found some P.ie stuff but it was when David owned the site and not Monte.:cry: