Google refuses to stop selling IRA t-shirts

Wascurito

Google doesn't just let you search the Internet. It also wants to sell you stuff and one of the things it wants to sell you is t-shirts expressing hardline pro-IRA sentiments.

The Daily Mail reported on this yesterday when Google refused to stop selling them and the Irish News picked up on the story today. The reason that Google gives is that the IRA is not banned in the USA and hence it doesn't regard the group as terrorists.

You can see some samples below. I have to say that I don't see the word "IRA" being mentioned.

(Mods, I'm putting this in Media since it seems to be where most Internet-related stuff goes. Feel free to move.)

Mick Mac

I'm sure someone will say there offended.

The snowflakes are starting to fall.

eoghanacht

And?

Accidental sock

If anyone's offended, they usually just need a hug and someone to say "their, they're, there"

ruserious

Fake News!

No way hot girls like those would wear Provo t-shirts.

Wascurito

The snowflakes are starting to fall.
Could we have another word, please?

The overuse of the s-word is jaded and silly at this stage.

Mick Mac

Mick Mac

Could we have another word, please?

The overuse of the s-word is jaded and silly at this stage.
Permanently offended Unionists will surely be offended.

Wascurito

Apparently, eBay removed this one following complaints. It does specifically mention the IRA.

seanof

Surprised Listowel Monomaniac hadn't spotted this. Still, it must be hard for him/her to monitor the entire internet for offending stuff.

Catalpast

Google doesn't just let you search the Internet. It also wants to sell you stuff and one of the things it wants to sell you is t-shirts expressing hardline pro-IRA sentiments.

The Daily Mail reported on this yesterday when Google refused to stop selling them and the Irish News picked up on the story today. The reason that Google gives is that the IRA is not banned in the USA and hence it doesn't regard the group as terrorists.

You can see some samples below. I have to say that I don't see the word "IRA" being mentioned.

(Mods, I'm putting this in Media since it seems to be where most Internet-related stuff goes. Feel free to move.)
Top left one is historically accurate to a T ...:cool:

NMunsterman

Fullforward

Apparently, eBay removed this one following complaints. It does specifically mention the IRA.

The fold in the shirt where the "M" meets "Y" in the word Army would normally mean you wouldn't see the letter Y properly so I assume it is photoshopped on.

tokkie

Not sure why anyone would buy or wear these. They're shyt.

Wascurito

Top left one is historically accurate to a T ...:cool:
Indeed. I'm just wondering what is meant by "Google selling". I've had a look on Google store, trying various search keys and can find no evidence that Google is selling them.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies