GOP better for economy

CookieMonster

More Americans say Republicans would be better for the economy, taking a position Democrats had held through Barack Obama’s presidency, according to a new CNN/Opinion Research poll out Friday.

Forty-eight percent of the 1,009 adults surveyed nationwide said Republicans would “do a better job” of dealing with the economy, topping Democrats by three percentage points.

The number is a contrast from August, when Democrats were rated as better on the economy by 52 percent compared with 39 percent for Republicans.

Poll: GOP better for economy - POLITICO.com Print View

The wheels falling off the wagon? I think so. It seems the old Dem mantra "it's all Bush's fault" is starting to wear thin.

The Caped Cod

6 of 1 - Punch's policy are obviously more pragmatic in today's economy and one really most be realistic.

1/2 dozen of 0ther - No, no, no! Punch is completely out of touch with the national electorate. He is in the pocket of big business and is nothing more than than their policy pusher. The clear choice here is Judy.

6 of 1 - Judy! Are you mad? Her populist approach may win votes but her economic strategy is flawed and unsound. Her health reform policy cannot work! And your forgettting where all her campaign financing came from. In the pocket indeed.

1/2 dozen of Other - Typical right wing waffle. Punch is only there to give tax breaks to the rich.

6 of 1 - Pathetic leftist hippy, the rich pay more tax anyway, and Judy is trying to increase the influence of big government in our private lives.

1/2 of Other - Big government!? You don't mind big business, big pharma or big agri but big government bothers you?

6 of 1 - Ha! so you admit it!

Objective Observer - Am,.. sorry to interrupt but, ah,.. isn't it the same guy who manipulates both?

6 of 1 & 1/2 dozen of Other - Shut up!!

agora

Website
www.doonesbury.com
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXpdJLJqG9U&feature=related"]YouTube- Bill Hicks on politics[/nomedia]

seabhcan

More Americans say Republicans would be better for the economy, taking a position Democrats had held through Barack Obama’s presidency, according to a new CNN/Opinion Research poll out Friday.

Forty-eight percent of the 1,009 adults surveyed nationwide said Republicans would “do a better job” of dealing with the economy, topping Democrats by three percentage points.

The number is a contrast from August, when Democrats were rated as better on the economy by 52 percent compared with 39 percent for Republicans.

Poll: GOP better for economy - POLITICO.com Print View

The wheels falling off the wagon? I think so. It seems the old Dem mantra "it's all Bush's fault" is starting to wear thin.
Cookie - its April 2nd, and its not even funny. Shame on you for joking about the American's stupidity.

davehiggz

I think Republicans would tackle the deficit better however I'm happy with the economy in Democratic hands. The stimulus package appears to have worked. If only our government here could see sense in plans like NewERA!

However, Obama has indicated that he wants US companies to be based in the US, for US jobs. Such a policy could pose a threat to hundreds of thousands of jobs here in Ireland!!

Cassandra Syndrome

No difference between the 2 parties. Both war hungry neo liberals.

Bring on Ron Paul.

owedtojoy

Just take a look at this chart and you will see how Obama has turned around the American economy. Job losses (which peaked under Bush) have been halted and re-hiring has started.

I think you will hear Obama emphasizing jobs a lot more. Certainly, if the trend continues, he is virtually certain to be re-elected.

The Employment Report - The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

owedtojoy

No difference between the 2 parties. Both war hungry neo liberals.

Bring on Ron Paul.
Yeah, that's what we heard from Ralph Nader in 2000: "There is no difference between Bush and Gore".

Two wars, a major terrorist atrocity, an economic meltdown, torture and illegal wiretapping later - do you still think there would have been no difference between Bush and Gore?

Cassandra Syndrome

Just take a look at this chart and you will see how Obama has turned around the American economy. Job losses (which peaked under Bush) have been halted and re-hiring has started.

I think you will hear Obama emphasizing jobs a lot more. Certainly, if the trend continues, he is virtually certain to be re-elected.

The Employment Report - The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan
No it hasn't. U6 unemployment is up to 16.9% and thats after a favourable birth death ratio for these figures. Plus factor in all the non productive jobs such as census takers.

Last year 3 trillion US Dollars gets borrowed and printed into the economy and unemployment keeps rising and the economy shrank nominally.

Cassandra Syndrome

Yeah, that's what we heard from Ralph Nader in 2000: "There is no difference between Bush and Gore".

Two wars, a major terrorist atrocity, an economic meltdown, torture and illegal wiretapping later - do you still think there would have been no difference between Bush and Gore?
Same script, whoever is elected.

Pauli

I think Republicans would tackle the deficit better however I'm happy with the economy in Democratic hands. The stimulus package appears to have worked. If only our government here could see sense in plans like NewERA!

However, Obama has indicated that he wants US companies to be based in the US, for US jobs. Such a policy could pose a threat to hundreds of thousands of jobs here in Ireland!!
Obama's obligations are to the American people, not to us. Which is fair enough. He is their President.

Last edited:

liamfoley

A third of the jobs created in the US last month were temporary positions with the census bureau. I propose that the Dems take a census every six months, no idea where they will get the money but it will solve the unemployment problem.

Cassandra Syndrome

owedtojoy

Obama would eat Ron Paul and then have breakfast.

No it hasn't. U6 unemployment is up to 16.9% and thats after a favourable birth death ratio for these figures. Plus factor in all the non productive jobs such as census takers.

Last year 3 trillion US Dollars gets borrowed and printed into the economy and unemployment keeps rising and the economy shrank nominally.
When I point out that Obama is doing reasonably well in the polls, I get squealed at: "But its the trend ...!!!"

Same with the jobs figures "Its the trend ...."

You should tune in to more of Obama's speeches - this guy has a track record as a campaigner, and he's in a fightin', feisty mood with HealthCare under his belt. He won't be shifted out of the White House without a hell of a battle with a candidate who is equally good, or better. Ron Paul is a loser, always has been, always will be. Don't expect the economy to win the election for him.

I just love when Obama makes you all looks like twits, as he has been doing since 2007!

owedtojoy

Yes, and the nominee is ....

Presenting (drum roll, please)..... the Republican Front-runner for 2010 Presidential campaign:

Mitt Romney: Pollster.com: National Favorable Rating: Mitt Romney

MITT ROMNEY:lol::lol::lol:

The guy who gave Massachusetts a Health Care Bill and now he goes around excusing it like a bad smell?

Good luck with that, lads.

liamfoley

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies