GOP majority whip one of four shot

GabhaDubh

In a practice session for the Annual (since 1909) congressional baseball friendly. GOP dug-out came under sustained
Fire 50 rounds. Suspect captured.

Last edited:

Dame_Enda

"Shot" not "shop". Scalise shot in hip apparently. Happened in GOP-specific part of the fields.

GabhaDubh

Rep Steve Scalise R-La airlifted, hip wound. Security increased in DC.

silverharp

Trump derangement syndrome?

GabhaDubh

Congressman Brad Wenstrup R-Ohio MD and war veteran at practice administered first aid. Capital Police officer returns fire after been shot.

constitutionus

Cnbc covering it now if ya got it .

silverharp

Steve's a big 2nd Amendment type of guy , so i'm sure he'll take it in his stride
Im sure the shooter was a registered Democrat, 50 shots and only a couple of injuries makes me think he had no weapons skills :D

Dame_Enda

The crazy gun laws over there need changing.

showbandmanager

I'm sure his friends in Congress are sending 'thoughts and prayers ' , just like they did with Sandy Hook , Orlando etc. after all there's not much more they can do in their position

Cruimh

Shooting Reported in Alexandria

Boston Globe reports shooting incident involving a Congressman, two police officers and others

A shooting broke out Wednesday morning at a baseball field in use by Republican lawmakers and staffers in Alexandria, a northern Virginia suburb across the Potomac River from the nation’s capital.

Representative Steve Scalise of Louisiana was among those shot, Representative Mo Brooks of Alabama told CNN. He said at least five people had been shot and he saw at least two police officers get hit.
Gunman opens fire in GOP softball practice in Alexandria, VA - The Boston Globe

The gunman reportedly asked if they were Democrats or Republicans.

GabhaDubh

Im sure the shooter was a registered Democrat, 50 shots and only a couple of injuries makes me think he had no weapons skills :D
Fortunately he was not accurate shooter located at the third base dug-out shooting across the diagonal. Armed with M-4 rifle and pistol. Majority leader pinned down with his security team rushing the second base taking fire and wounds returning fire with only pistols ran directly at sniper and brought him down.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies