Gov changes law overnight to underwrite RWC, but can't close tax loophole n 24 months

Disillusioned democrat

Yesterday I opened a discussion about the Gov's emergency legislation to cover their asses after AG gave dodgy advice - 24 hour turnaround, impressive.

Today the IT report (below) that Stephen Donnelly - formerly of the SD parish - is reporting that the tax loophole "found" to be helping vulture funds avoid tax is still there and being used again/still.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/loophole-lets-firms-earning-millions-pay-250-tax-dáil-told-1.3145769

Seriously - this country sucks.

Disillusioned democrat

Pearse Doherty‏Verified account
@PearseDoherty

Pearse Doherty Retweeted Irish Times Politics

This is no loophole. It was deliberately inserted in finance bill which I raised at committee stage.

https://twitter.com/An_Phoblacht?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.anphoblacht.com%2Fcontents%2F26789
Yup - most "loopholes" are, the point is, though, that 24 months after it first came to light as a massive loss to the tax payer they still haven't done anything about it...insane and a real two fingers to the tax payer.

NYCKY

In fairness the RWC has been on the radar for a while now.

Golden Phoenix

Yup - most "loopholes" are, the point is, though, that 24 months after it first came to light as a massive loss to the tax payer they still haven't done anything about it...insane and a real two fingers to the tax payer.
I agree completely. We are governed by traitors.

themorrigan

Yesterday I opened a discussion about the Gov's emergency legislation to cover their asses after AG gave dodgy advice - 24 hour turnaround, impressive.
The Dail is a corrupt club for private special interests. I don't care if people like rugby or not. Seeing the government falling over itself to hurry this through, contrasted with the lethargy of our dysfunctional "new politics", only emphasises the feckless attitude if the people running this country towards their duty to run it.

The Government is barrelling through this legislation because they think having a Rugby World Cup here would be "cool". They probably think the inevitable corruption, bribery, embezzlement and graft will be "cool" as well. There is no doubt in my mind that several senior people have positioned themselves to personally from the outcome of this legislation. This is juvenile, Latin American circus politics and of no use to anyone.

The present government and state serves the venal interests of perhaps 30,000 private members. They'd fast-track a Bullring if the members demanded it. Irish citizens by and large have no government.

Notachipanoaktree

Today the IT report (below) that Stephen Donnelly - formerly of the SD parish - is reporting that the tax loophole "found" to be helping vulture funds avoid tax is still there and being used again/still.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/loophole-lets-firms-earning-millions-pay-250-tax-dáil-told-1.3145769

Nasty little country nasty little people. The Pied Piper has been busy these last twenty years.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
This shyte will continue until an Oireachtas is dumped in the Liffey.

themorrigan

This shyte will continue until an Oireachtas is dumped in the Liffey.
The whole concept of an Oireachtas will be in the toilet if things get much worse than they are now.

I mean, this government has said no to new motorways, no to new metros, no to new houses, no any new infrastructure that isn't a Dail refurbishment. But looting the public treasury to pay for the ruggers is so important it needs to be fast tracked? What the ************************ is the Oireachtas even for anymore?

venusian

Highlights what a piece of low life piece of faeces Mike "Hep C" Noonan is and anyone who supports Fine Gael's brand of filthy neo-conservatism !:mad:

venusian

"Look over there" Varadkar and Dorothy's name and shame deflection to attack impoverished social welfare recipients whilst giving tax payer funded mega-millions in corporate welfare to their crony scum! :mad:

LDF

This is all very well but Leo wore funny socks the other day. Priorities people.

bokuden

This is all very well but Leo wore funny socks the other day. Priorities people.
And Fgers are drooling as their property value rockets, and their taxes plummet, so shag the rest of it.

making waves

What do you expect DD - a government for the elites protecting the interests of the elites (and promoting the sport of the elites).

Half Nelson

This is Mugabe territory.

redneck

I expect the GAA will have to pay for the Rugby World cup.

Karloff

If we had a properly functioning media (though fair enough IT) they wouldn't be able to get away with these scams.

Karloff

I should be hearing about this on Six One instead of them reporting on a fire in the US which they probably wouldn't even report on anyway if it happened in a country of darker people.

HarshBuzz

I expect the GAA will have to pay for the Rugby World cup.
you have the right words in that sentence but in the wrong order

Disillusioned democrat

you have the right words in that sentence but in the wrong order
Great contribution by the FG-er...any comment on your hero Noonan failing to close the tax "loophole"?

Or the one where you can avoid inheritance tax, or the one where Apple gets to pay no tax?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies