Government Ministers using the "royal" "We"

corelli

Something that drives me crazy, and Dermot Ahern just repeated it on the News at One on RTE 1 Radio, when discussing the forthcoming budget and the economic crisis generally, is their CONSTANT use of phrases such as "WE are all suffering" "WE are all in this together" and "WE are all feeling the pain". Harney an others have also used the phrase.

Now, I have news for Dermot, HE is not suffering, HE has an enormous, even with the cut taken, Ministerial salary, HE has a gold plated pension, HE has, still, a huge expenses regeime. HE, when FF/Greens loose the forthcoming election, will NOT suffer. HE will STILL have his Dail salary and a MASSIVE gold plated, index linked, pension if he looses his seat.

Dermot, et al, YOU are NOT suffering and you WILL NOT suffer. YOU are not in this with us. YOU are exempt you cretinous hack. PLEASE desist from talking down to those of us who HAVE suffered, ARE suffering and WILL suffer more.

THE END.

Cael

But, of course, it makes perfect sense. The "we" referes to the minister and his Puppet Masters - the landed oligarchy and their bankers. Good to see FF being honest about something.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Something that drives me crazy, and Dermot Ahern just repeated it on the News at One on RTE 1 Radio, when discussing the forthcoming budget and the economic crisis generally, is their CONSTANT use of phrases such as "WE are all suffering" "WE are all in this together" and "WE are all feeling the pain". Harney an others have also used the phrase.

Now, I have news for Dermot, HE is not suffering, HE has an enormous, even with the cut taken, Ministerial salary, HE has a gold plated pension, HE has, still, a huge expenses regeime. HE, when FF/Greens loose the forthcoming election, will NOT suffer. HE will STILL have his Dail salary and a MASSIVE gold plated, index linked, pension if he looses his seat.

Dermot, et al, YOU are NOT suffering and you WILL NOT suffer. YOU are not in this with us. YOU are exempt you cretinous hack. PLEASE desist from talking down to those of us who HAVE suffered, ARE suffering and WILL suffer more.

THE END.
I had noticed that too. Tis annoying alright.

johnnypockets

It is truly sickening. They call themselves the republican party but actually see themselves as royalty. They have been in power for too long, far too long.

carlovian

Its a frustration all right when you think of the money these people are still on and then the pain they inflict on others.

Another irritant is ministers talking of money spent using the term "I spent" like its their own money.

Ive already spent 50 million on such an area etc...

No you havent...the taxpayers have.

TommyO'Brien

THE END.
It is a Fianna Fáil tactic to try to spread the blame - so "we" all made the mistake, not just Fianna Fáil. :lol:

The "we" changes depending on who they are spreading the blame to.

So when talking about politics, the "we" is all politicians including the opposition, despite the fact that people like Richard Bruton were warning the government from 2002 that their policies were wrong and would cause a crash.

When talking about wild spending, the "we" becomes all the people of Ireland.

The aim is simple - to say nothing is ever Fianna Fáil's fault so "don't blame us for everything."

Raketemensch

The misuse of language is one of the main weapons of policians. Irish politicians do not solve problems nor are they really expected to. Their employers are not the people but in fact their political parties. Their job is to get elected, nothing more nothing less. Expecting anything more of them is quite frankly unfair.

hammer

We are where we are :)

We have turned the corner

We are all to blame :)

We will re-elect Fianna FAIL, of that I have no doubt :)

mmrebel

Dermot Ahern is a corner boy and guttersnipe a stain on the Irish conscience

jmcc

It would be really funny if someone explained pain to these FFkers in terms they would understand.

Regards...jmcc

Malbekh

I hope you felt a lot better after that corelli...

The OD

It would be really funny if someone explained pain to these FFkers in terms they would understand.

Regards...jmcc
Short of them having to queue for a pittance, not being able to give their children the best possible start in life or actually holding a job with a realistic expectation of responsibility and some sort of accountability, I doubt words would make any difference.

They don't give a monkeys. :mad:

Nonsence & lies

Yes "We" look forward to election day when "We" will destroy the ff party. And with no elections on the horizon for several years after that, demoralise them at the grass roots level.

spidermom

THE END.
+1

Will he and his mates have to queue up at the community welfare office waiting for a dig out till their welfare comes through????
Will he hang on to his medical card like its a platinium American Express??
Will he queue up to read the Evening Herald to see what Christams jobs are going??...cos there's nowt else and it would be a few bob coming up to Christmas??

GRRRrrrrrr!!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies