Government's attitude and guidance to the wearing of facemasks is appalling

sport02

The government's approach to facemasks is simply not good enough.

Last night I watched Ivan Yates bring this up with Neale Richmond and his response was simply inadequate.

I just passed two bus stops with only two people out of more then a dozen with them on, queuing up to get on the bus bunched together with no facemasks. Likewise the passengers on the bus in the main not wearing them.

This is simply not good enough, we have shown we can adjust to social distancing,change our social habits, queue responsibly in shops.

If Europeans can adjust so can we.

They need to be made mandatory in shops, businesses, transport and fines issued if not adhered to.

Volatire

Our arrogant medical establishment got this wrong from the start and are now only interested in saving face.

Their advice on face coverings continues to me mealy-mouthed and incompetent.

greencharade

Where is the differential evidence on the benefits of public mask wearing?

Have all the problems of mask use that were publicised weeks ago been trashed?

Big credibility issues all round here. We appear now to be increasingly ruled by the twitter mob.

Cdebru

We need to make it compulsory to wear a face mask to enter a business or get on public transport or a taxi.
I think we need to look at the pros and cons and take a balanced view.

Mask wearing has some downsides as well, increased face touching, false sense of security so people stop doing the other things like maintaining distance, washing hands, people not changing or washing masks regularly enough, disposal of masks etc.
As well as risks to people who already have respiratory issues.
A knee jerk everyone has to do it is wrong we have to make sure what we do improves the situation.

neiphin

It is funny seeing the people who want to ban the burka now arguing for compulsory face masks though.
Your easy amused

Cdebru

Martin made this point on Twitter a few times, then turns up on late late show with
no mask.

Never seen him wearing one.
He is FF he means compulsory for everyone else

wombat

Should people be jailed for not wearing facemasks? will they pay fines? We have been advised to wear them in shops and on public transport yet most don't follow the advice, if they are made mandatory, what penalties should be imposed on those who don't comply?

The OD

The government's approach to facemasks is simply not good enough.

Last night I watched Ivan Yates bring this up with Neale Richmond and his response was simply inadequate.

I just passed two bus stops with only two people out of more then a dozen with them on, queuing up to get on the bus bunched together with no facemasks. Likewise the passengers on the bus in the main not wearing them.

This is simply not good enough, we have shown we can adjust to social distancing,change our social habits, queue responsibly in shops.

If Europeans can adjust so can we.

They need to be made mandatory in shops, businesses, transport and fines issued if not adhered to.
I have said it all along and everybody I know has been wearing a mask of some description since this all started.

Not one person I am close to who has worn a mask has caught Covid 19. I know ,many others, colleagues and extended family who do the same and again, nobody they know who wore a mask has been infected.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if everybody wears them then it will fade away.

No.
Wearing masks (or muzzles) introduces entirely new dangers into daily life and must be avoided.
Making mask wearing (or muzzling) compulsory swaps one danger for another even worse.
The primary danger is that mask wearers will increasingly inhale their own previously exhaled breath, which is low in oxygen, high in carbon dioxide, with horrible after effects, shown below:

View attachment 25373
Oh look. A screenshot. Brilliant.

That's complete bullsh1t above, which explains why you only posted an image with no context.

For the record, the possibility of any of the above happening while wearing a standard cloth mask is next to zero.

But hey, feel free to spread stuff you read on facebook or watched on a youtube video.

Idiot.

carlovian

Should people be jailed for not wearing facemasks? will they pay fines? We have been advised to wear them in shops and on public transport yet most don't follow the advice, if they are made mandatory, what penalties should be imposed on those who don't comply?
Not allowed in the shops or on public transport,

The government have been all over the place on advice.

The OD

No mask, no entry onto public transport or into businesses. Simple as that. Private businesses can already make that call if they wish and they should.

With all the hoohah in the states, people seem to think this is all over. Its not.

The OD

I think we need to look at the pros and cons and take a balanced view.

Mask wearing has some downsides as well, increased face touching, false sense of security so people stop doing the other things like maintaining distance, washing hands, people not changing or washing masks regularly enough, disposal of masks etc.
As well as risks to people who already have respiratory issues.
A knee jerk everyone has to do it is wrong we have to make sure what we do improves the situation.
What do you suggest so? Herd immunity? That worked out well, didn't it?

sport02

European countries have a fine system but perhaps we could just make a rule that entry to shops or buses can and will be refused if a person is not wearing a mask.

It is not really complicated.

The OD

European countries have a fine system but perhaps we could just make a rule that entry to shops or buses can and will be refused if a person is not wearing a mask.

It is not really complicated.
You are dead right, its not, but watch them attempt to make it so.

The OD

Two hairstylists who had coronavirus saw 140 clients. No new infections have been linked to the salon, officials say

From the article:

Both stylists worked at the same Great Clips location in Springfield. The clients and the stylists all wore face coverings, and the salon had set up other measures such as social distancing of chairs and staggered appointments, the Springfield-Greene County Health Department said this week.

Of the 140 clients and seven co-workers potentially exposed, 46 took tests that came back negative. All the others were quarantined for the duration of the coronavirus incubation period. The 14-day incubation period has now passed with no coronavirus cases linked to the salon beyond the two stylists, county health officials said.

During the quarantine, those who did not get tested got a call twice a day from health officials asking whether they had symptoms related to Covid-19, said Kathryn Wall, a spokeswoman for the Springfield-Green County Health Department.
"This is exciting news about the value of masking to prevent Covid-19," said Clay Goddard, the county's director of health.
"We are studying more closely the details of these exposures, including what types of face coverings were worn and what other precautions were taken to lead to this encouraging result."
Masks, in conjunction with other minimising efforts appear to be very helpful. The stylists were infected yet wore masks and nobody was infected.

Whine about the lockdown, whine about masks. What f***ing next?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom