• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

StarryPlough01

Yes that's it. And yes the scenery is breathtaking. They didn't jump from the very top though. And I paid extra for them each to be 'go pro' filmed. (I've gone a bit mad altogether this year as I've decided life is for living) I went up in the gondola/lift thing with them and I was filming them getting geared up etc but I was terrified to look down even though it wasn't a sheer drop where the paragliders jump. It's got to do with my mummy hormones I reckon. Of course I'm so nervous I sometimes forget not to cover the camera lens on my ipad. And those film clips of the top, that's what it felt like when you go up and walk along. The mountainey men think I'm a woose of course but they are very nice. They were great with the kids. And also great with me when we went rafting a couple of years ago and the man instantly recognised my fears.

One funny thing that happened is we were walking thru an alpine meadow where the kids had been before on their own a couple of days previously and they said there were hundreds of goats there with a fence etc. So I thought they had the wrong meadow, but the day I came upon the goats in a different ski lift when I was on my own with my husband (we took the easy route that day), they move goats and fences around but I hadn't realised. So I took pictures on my new phone. I could post up one if I could figure out how to do that. LOL.

It can be hair raising when you have adventurous sons / children. I signed a permission form for a school camp. No activities happened there in any way like paragliding … but after the school coach returned and dropped off all the students, a teacher rushed over to me and said that Declan had fearlessly taken the lead in the flying fox over the river activity. I found out later the school didn't have an experienced safety expert / instructor present to set everything up. All ended up well.

All we can do is ensure our kids get expert guidance in their chosen adventure pursuits while we still have them under our wing.

I agree, life has to be lived in the moment.

Yes, the scenery is absolutely breathtaking. Mountains are my thing!

StarryPlough01

According to the BBC the experts think that in the winter there could be between 24,000 and 250,000 deaths in the UK from Covid. It doesn't mention if everybody wear masks has any effect on the figures.

they suggest a range between 24,500 and 251,000 of virus-related deaths in hospitals alone

Can hospitals actually cope with that number of sick people all of a sudden.

That's the main point, in particular, if Covid 19 mutates to a better transmissible / more infectious virus.

Source:
Ben Riley-Smith
July 04 2020 02:30 AM

greencharade

That's the main point, in particular, if Covid 19 mutates to a better transmissible / more infectious virus.

Source:
Ben Riley-Smith
July 04 2020 02:30 AM
Best keep them in fear, while we get on with lining our pockets.

fat finger

Last edited:
Last edited:
Please could journalists, politicians and radio presenters stop spreading fear by their use of the term 'mask' when what they really mean is 'face covering'.
The term mask has connotations that frighten many of us, masked robber, masked burglar, masked rapist, we think of people looking to hide their identity, people who are up to no good, anarchists, V for Vendetta. Whoever you are, stop using the term mask.
The term you are looking to use is 'face covering' which is defined in yesterday's regulations mandating use on public transport as "a covering of any type which when worn by a person covers the person’s nose and mouth".
This covering could be your school scarf, your football club scarf, a balaclava, the veil from your wedding dress, anything that covers the nose and mouth. It could be a plastic bag, but care should be taken to avoid suffocation.
To help reduce virus fear in the country, and to stop those spreading the fear, please could everybody call out those offenders on radio, TV or in the newspapers who persist with using the term mask when they should by now know better that the term to use is 'face covering'.

tsarbomb

don’t believe in the media virus narrative, in those in power, and we see it as oppression of the citizen and destruction of personal freedom that needs to be stopped in its track. That is why I am not wearing that bullshit. Refusing and objecting to masks is the least we can do to make a strong stance with every fibre in our being before it is too late. That is the least we can do. Theyll be making us wear bloody burkas next. We are not slaves.
Facemasks are for cowardly hypochondriacs. They also look disgusting. The disposable ones look like a facial nappy.

I was in the shop today and there were just as many wearing them as last week. That is to say not many.

Gin Soaked

Jackie Healy Rae is adamant the he won't be wearing a mask...as he is now exempt from wearing one.
Did he get a note from his vet?
This really is the greatest load of bs.

People who won't wear them for 10 mins in the convenience store or petrol station...

I wear glasses, so live with fogging up or not being able to tell bread from bog-roll. So I suck it up and get on with it.

I'd say if they were paid to wear them, this would disappear.

Gin Soaked

I'm just wondering , which part of avoiding a potentially fatal or life changing disease is hypochondria?
By the same logic, having to have thread on your tyres is oppression, as are traffic lights, and the insistence that you don't cook chicken "rare".

And "Darwinism" doesn't get these loons off the hook. As they will spread it elsewhere and to others. And if they end up in hospital, expose HCP's to it too.

Utter ****wittery.

Gin Soaked

Resist this opression and this stupid rule.

You're all being played here by the elites and the commie Irish Times and Journal. Notice how these rags pushed for infanticide and homo stuff. The goal is the extermination of the Irish Race.
To quote the sarge from Full Metal Jacket:

"Did your parents have any children that lived?"

tsarbomb

Leo buys shoes, this upsets SF.

So Leo goes and buys shoes from a high street retailer. SF thinks this is terrible and others get upset that he's not wearing shoes from penny's.
It shows where his priorities are if he had himself photographed shopping a few days after civil liberties in three counties have been curtailed.

He's always been more interested in getting his picture taken than running the country.

ShoutingIsLeadership

It shows where his priorities are if he had himself photographed shopping a few days after civil liberties in three counties have been curtailed.

He's always been more interested in getting his picture taken than running the country.
I cannot believe that I am having to defend the utter bellend. Would you prefer if he ordered the shop be closed?

tsarbomb

I cannot believe that I am having to defend the utter bellend. Would you prefer if he ordered the shop be closed?
He was at an event. Look at the microphones in the background of the picture. Do you really think it was appropriate to attend in the context of what's happened in the midlands?

ShoutingIsLeadership

He was at an event. Look at the microphones in the background of the picture. Do you really think it was appropriate to attend in the context of what's happened in the midlands?
You know, it's because people like you moan and whinge about stuff like this which is of no consequence, that they get away with the stuff that is actually important

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom