Government's attitude and guidance to the wearing of facemasks is appalling

StarryPlough01

The children were jumping off the mountain the other day. I hired the top state certified organisation as the Paraglider experts. Hard mountainy men. Says the leader to my eldest about the masks, “Wear it if you want, or don’t wear it if you don’t want, it’s your own risk” so nobody wore masks. It’s compulsory btw. I was there filming and more terrified I’d agreed to them ‘flying’

They used go pro to record, so if I’d be the ‘mask police‘ I could head off down to the gendermarie to report them I suppose. As if.

Your post make me laugh out loud.

Was that *low* paragliding on a sandy beach and not near rocks! ? Good idea to have them learn from experts. I did the same with my son when he learned to sail.

bactrian

Well if you want to add "must wear a mask for fourteen days" to the quarantine requirement, fine by me.

But don't tell me to wear a mask just so that others can jolly off to Portugal.
I have no time for those who "jolly off to Portugal" or any other destination, if they kill themselves , that is their choice. I do object to anyone , whether they have been to Portugal or not, infecting me with Covid_19.

If I understand the scientific advice given, my wearing a mask has a chance of protecting me from the virus. An infected person ,wearing a mask, will have a huge impact on saving me and you and many others from being infected by them. Of course the science also has shown that prior to showing symptoms(or at least being aware that one is symptomatic) one can be infectious.

I could have Covid_19 , be unaware at present, or remain asymptomatic , and be a spreader. If I wear a mask , my capacity to spread is much limited.

Social respect demands that I attempt to save others. I wear a mask.

greencharade

I have no time for those who "jolly off to Portugal" or any other destination, if they kill themselves , that is their choice. I do object to anyone , whether they have been to Portugal or not, infecting me with Covid_19.

If I understand the scientific advice given, my wearing a mask has a chance of protecting me from the virus. An infected person ,wearing a mask, will have a huge impact on saving me and you and many others from being infected by them. Of course the science also has shown that prior to showing symptoms(or at least being aware that one is symptomatic) one can be infectious.

I could have Covid_19 , be unaware at present, or remain asymptomatic , and be a spreader. If I wear a mask , my capacity to spread is much limited.

Social respect demands that I attempt to save others. I wear a mask.
No.

Social respect means that you consider the level of risk, and act accordingly.

This means that you do not keep an entire country gripped in fear when the the risk has dropped to negligible.

It also means that you do not impose restrictions on others when the risk is miniscule to assuage your insecurity.

bactrian

No.

Social respect means that you consider the level of risk, and act accordingly.

This means that you do not keep an entire country gripped in fear when the the risk has dropped to negligible.

It also means that you do not impose restrictions on others when the risk is miniscule to assuage your insecurity.
The Chief Medical Officer of Ireland has recommended the wearing of masks.

You are , of course , entitled to an opinion, but, what makes you think that your in-expert opinion has the same value as Tony Holohan's?

Emily Davison

Was that *low* paragliding on a sandy beach and not near rocks! ? Good idea to have them learn from experts. I did the same with my son when he learned to sail.
No, its going up 1000 meters On a ski lift to jump off a mountain into the valley below. They run off the mountain, takes about 20 minutes to descend.
Today they went on a different adventure. Masks on, body temperature camera etc etc. To enter. When they got back, (himself and myself were too cowardly to do this one) said the cable car was jam packed.

RoscommonFF

Its not a mask anyway its a muzzle you're allowing yourselves to be led around like animals.
I see the plebs with masks and I think sheep. BAAAA.

StarryPlough01

No, its going up 1000 meters On a ski lift to jump off a mountain into the valley below. They run off the mountain, takes about 20 minutes to descend.
Today they went on a different adventure. Masks on, body temperature camera etc etc. To enter. When they got back, (himself and myself were too cowardly to do this one) said the cable car was jam packed.

I know you are in the Alps.

I've watched these - beautiful scenery

#adventurerace
Red Bull X-Alps 2019: Full Documentary

bactrian

Its not a mask anyway its a muzzle you're allowing yourselves to be led around like animals.
I need only quote your own tagline

" CORONAVIRUS IS A HOAX! GOOGLE PLANDEMIC BEFORE THEY TAKE IT DOWN!

To date there have been 538,536 reported deaths from Covid_19 (world wide) , 11,653,978 infections.

The OD

You're so woke.

The OD

I need only quote your own tagline

" CORONAVIRUS IS A HOAX! GOOGLE PLANDEMIC BEFORE THEY TAKE IT DOWN!

To date there have been 538,536 reported deaths from Covid_19 (world wide) , 11,653,978 infections.
He votes FF.

:ROFLMAO:

Cdebru

What is your medical expertise?

Kenny is following the strong advice of Professer Luke O'Neill and others

This Luke O'Neil ?

So is he right now or was he right then ?
If he was wrong then how many lives were lost by people like Luke O'Neil telling people there was no need to wear a mask unless they were infected?

People like Luke O'Neil are largely responsible for the confusion around masks, he told people not to wear them, he speaks about the risk of wearing them when you are not infected, touching your face to adjust, eyes unprotected etc, now he has a different message and he wonders why people aren't just wearing masks ?

ShoutingIsLeadership

This Luke O'Neil ?

So is he right now or was he right then ?
If he was wrong then how many lives were lost by people like Luke O'Neil telling people there was no need to wear a mask unless they were infected?

People like Luke O'Neil are largely responsible for the confusion around masks, he told people not to wear them, he speaks about the risk of wearing them when you are not infected, touching your face to adjust, eyes unprotected etc, now he has a different message and he wonders why people aren't just wearing masks ?
Yes. He was right then and remains right.

He said that they do not protect the wearer, they protect those around them if the wearer is infected. He said that there is no evidence that they protect the wearer from catching it from others. That is accurate.

He was also speaking during a time of lockdown when people were not meant to be going anywhere and therefore were rarely encountering people.

So, yes he was right then and he is right now.

Cdebru

Yes. He was right then and remains right.

He said that they do not protect the wearer, they protect those around them if the wearer is infected. He said that there is no evidence that they protect the wearer from catching it from others. That is accurate.

He was also speaking during a time of lockdown when people were not meant to be going anywhere and therefore were rarely encountering people.

So, yes he was right then and he is right now.
So just to be clear this interview was in February 2020 there was no lockdown in fact we didn't even have a confirmed case so you are wrong on that.

Second even during lockdown people were still going to work, people were still grocery shopping, people were still exercising.

And to be clear Luke O'Neils advice on the LLS in Feb 2020 was to not wear a mask if you are not infected. So you are saying that was right then and that is right now ? So what's the problem the only people who should be wearing a mask now are the handful of people recently infected.

ShoutingIsLeadership

So just to be clear this interview was in February 2020 there was no lockdown in fact we didn't even have a confirmed case so you are wrong on that.

Second even during lockdown people were still going to work, people were still grocery shopping, people were still exercising.

And to be clear Luke O'Neils advice on the LLS in Feb 2020 was to not wear a mask if you are not infected. So you are saying that was right then and that is right now ? So what's the problem the only people who should be wearing a mask now are the handful of people recently infected.
They now know that asymptomatic presentation exists. This was not known. At the time he said that infected people should wear them. He did not say that every infected person would have symptoms. His message has not changed...wearing a mask will not protect you, but it will protect others if you are infected.

Cdebru

They now know that asymptomatic presentation exists. This was not known. At the time he said that infected people should wear them. He did not say that every infected person would have symptoms. His message has not changed...wearing a mask will not protect you, but it will protect others if you are infected.
Really ?

So you are saying Luke O'Neil went on national TV and advised people and was unaware of asymptomatic transmission even though it had been reported in the Guardian a full week before his interview ?

Do you think Luke O'Neil is aware of this ?

Or should we give him a couple of months to catch up ?

ShoutingIsLeadership

Really ?

So you are saying Luke O'Neil went on national TV and advised people and was unaware of asymptomatic transmission even though it had been reported in the Guardian a full week before his interview ?

Do you think Luke O'Neil is aware of this ?

Or should we give him a couple of months to catch up ?
Did the interview cover the definition of who might be infected? Did another part of it which you have not included that? I do not know. He said that infected people should wear them. That was accurate then and remains accurate.

Cdebru

Did the interview cover the definition of who might be infected? Did another part of it which you have not included that? I do not know. He said that infected people should wear them. That was accurate then and remains accurate.
Only infected people.

At 1:05 he specifically says

" if you are not infected no reason to wear a face mask"

So you are saying that is correct, thank you so what is the point of this thread ?

Or have you tied yourself up in knots here trying to pretend that Luke O'Neil has been consistent ?

So my question again is
Was he right then ? Is he right now ? When do you trust this flip flopper ? And no more nonsense about we know now, we didn't know then, I have shown that to be untrue. We knew about asymptomatic in February, and the WHO have in June said Asymptomatic transmission is rare.

How many lives were lost because this guy went on national television and told people not to wear masks, and he and others are responsible for the confusion around mask wearing and if we should be doing it.

He just likes the sound of his own voice as far as I can see, people giving out advice on Public health should be informed not spouting sh1te they read in the Newspaper, otherwise we end up with this nonsense.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Only infected people.

At 1:05 he specifically says

" if you are not infected no reason to wear a face mask"

So you are saying that is correct, thank you so what is the point of this thread ?

Or have you tied yourself up in knots here trying to pretend that Luke O'Neil has been consistent ?

So my question again is
Was he right then ? Is he right now ? When do you trust this flip flopper ? And no more nonsense about we know now, we didn't know then, I have shown that to be untrue. We knew about asymptomatic in February, and the WHO have in June said Asymptomatic transmission is rare.

How many lives were lost because this guy went on national television and told people not to wear masks, and he and others are responsible for the confusion around mask wearing and if we should be doing it.

He just likes the sound of his own voice as far as I can see, people giving out advice on Public health should be informed not spouting sh1te they read in the Newspaper, otherwise we end up with this nonsense.
I have heard him saying on numerous occasions that one should act as though one is infected. His message has been consistent - wearing a face covering protects the people around the wearer.

Destiny's Soldier

Cedru has really finished off Shoutingisleadership's rationale big time. Up there in my all time favourites.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom