Government's Climate Action Plan

irishmaninsalem

Some places already get swamped under certain conditions, which are a combination of spring tide, high rainfall and stormy onshore wind conditions.
We know sea levels are slowly rising and storms are getting stormier. So just put two and two together.
It won't happen suddenly, but at some stage the increased frequency of damage, the prohibitively high cost of flood barriers, and the unavailability of home insurance will render some coastal areas unfit for human habitation.
Parts of Dublin and Cork near the estuaries are already getting close to that point eg the parts of North Strand/Clontarf and Ringsend/Poolbeg closest to the sea.
I've heard people preach about rising sea levels, storms getting worst etc
One of the biggest Preachers in the cult is Obama.
Obama doesn’t practice what he preachers.
Look at his second home that he bought last year on 29.3 BEACHFRONT acres.
obama.jpg

Another thing
People like Obama preach that "trusts" are used by the rich to protect their wealth. No surprise, he used a trust to buy his second home.

79TURKEYLANDC “trust”
https://www.masslandrecords.com/Duk...))/default.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

irishmaninsalem

Well that's an unusual take on the state of the Haiti/-Dominican border.
Sadly, though its based on a false premise. DR is signed up to the UN accord.

Haiti is a shithole populated by French speaking negroids who are dependent on foreign aid and believe in voodoo, whereas DR is mainly populated by reasonably hard working Spanish speaking latinos, but I'm sure none of that is relevant to the tree situation either.

BTW those idiots in Haiti have even managed to do environmental damage to our country with their scams...

Reminds me about religion in Haiti.

Haiti is 99% christian.

100% Voodoo.

recedite

It looks to me like that whole area where Obama bought the house is silting up. Its called Turkeyland Cove, because apparently the herrings were like turkey for the locals. An American joke I suppose, a bit like the prairie or mountain "oysters" :)
Anyway there is no way herrings would get in there now, its more like a lagoon or a salt marsh than the sea.
Obama is not stupid, his acreage is probably growing and slowly rising above sea level. So when/if sea levels rise, his house will always remain the same distance from the ocean.

irishmaninsalem

It looks to me like that whole area where Obama bought the house is silting up. Its called Turkeyland Cove, because apparently the herrings were like turkey for the locals. An American joke I suppose, a bit like the prairie or mountain "oysters" :)
Anyway there is no way herrings would get in there now, its more like a lagoon or a salt marsh than the sea.
Obama is not stupid, his acreage is probably growing and slowly rising above sea level. So when/if sea levels rise, his house will always remain the same distance from the ocean.

The lagoon has been there since pre colonial times, the Natives used the area for fishing.
It shouldn't still be there since, raising see levels etc

But his house should not be immune from the “worsting” storms etc
Massachusetts is long overdue from been hit head on by a Major (cat 3 or higher) Hurricane.

recedite

I'm just saying herring would not be able to hop over the sand bar to enter a lagoon, so it must have been wide open sea around there, back in the day.

Just like at Clontarf in Dublin where the sea is trying to erode the coastline, but nearby at Bull Island (which did not exist a few hundred years ago) the sand and sediment has built up to form dunes and an island.
It's swings and roundabouts, as they say. Some seafront properties make better long term investments than others.

McTell

Maybe obama thinks he has another 30 - 40 years, and so does the place?

It looks amazing. Trees in florida!

Turbinator

According to reports over the WE the new RESS scheme to prop up even more useless wind/solar farms over the next 5 years will add up to 12 billion Euros to energy bills in that time - unsuprsingly Eamon Ryan is cheerleading this despite the already growing problems with energy povetry, damaged upland habitats etc.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom