Graham Linehan "right wingers have no imagination. It's why there are no good right wing comedians or writers"

silverharp

Graham Linehan "right wingers have no imagination. It's why there are no good right wing comedians or writers"

so the great intellectual genius put out this tweet, does it stand up? does it matter? is it the win he thinks it is?

i'd be more in the meh camp, for every successful comedian for example there are a 50 living in bedsits slumming it in some minimum wage job, its not a great career proposition. As for his comment on writers, im pretty sure he is wrong there

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/931880210257141765

Graham Linehan‏Verified account
@Glinner
Following Following @Glinner
More Graham Linehan Retweeted Otto English
Well, as I like to point out, right wingers have no imagination. It's why there are no good right wing comedians or writers.

Betson

It is a bit of a broad generalization to say you can assess someones talents just by the strain of politics they support.

The Rahenyite

Lefties love right wingers really. Without right wingers the Labour loving Steve Coogan would never have co-created Alan Partridge.

Dame_Enda

Is that why Tim Allen's successful series was cancelled by ABC?

I find Greg Gutfeld a very funny conservative commentator on Fox News.

stopdoingstuff

That is a problem that is solving itself actually. The left is moving so far to the left that a lot of formerly left-wing comedians now find themselves holding opinions that are now considered right wing.

Betson

And an aside Linehan comes across as a really obnoxious piece of work on twitter , very intolerant of anyone who does not fully share his political views.

Also did I not read somewhere that he had given up twitter because they refused to ban people he disagreed with?

firefly123

so the great intellectual genius put out this tweet, does it stand up? does it matter? is it the win he thinks it is?

i'd be more in the meh camp, for every successful comedian for example there are a 50 living in bedsits slumming it in some minimum wage job, its not a great career proposition. As for his comment on writers, im pretty sure he is wrong there

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/931880210257141765
Obviously those 50 slumming it just didn't work hard enough.
Or something

Betson

That is a problem that is solving itself actually. The left is moving so far to the left that a lot of formerly left-wing comedians now find themselves holding opinions that are now considered right wing.
You see that with the likes Jerry Seinfeld and Chris Tucker saying they do not do certain venues anymore because of the PC culture which has got completely out of hand and people turn up for the chance to be offended and play the victim and protest rather than to be entertained.

Nedz Newt

The same is happening on the right - PJ O'Rourke was and is bloody funny, but as the Republican party has drifted off towards the wild shores of Trump/Breitbart/Bannon, PJO'R found himself advocating a vote for Hilary Clinton in 2016.
On the grounds that while she was wrong about everything, she was wrong in a more normal way than Trump was wrong.

Analyzer

Who is Graham Lenihan and why does he think he is a comic success ?

Boy M5

And an aside Linehan comes across as a really obnoxious piece of work on twitter , very intolerant of anyone who does not fully share his political views.

Also did I not read somewhere that he had given up twitter because they refused to ban people he disagreed with?
I had very limited dealings with him once.
I don't think him and I would be pals.

I have noticed that.

I think he'd quite happily dish it at the Church but if someone wrote a sitcom about advanced soc.libs he'd not like it.
Yet Catholics laugh at Fr Ted.

His attack on anti abortion here in Ireland, linked into O'Gorman's campaign.
About his wife
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/19/graham-helen-linehan-ireland-abortion-amnesty-international

Yet as the photo in Guardian shows he lives in London.
UK Companies House shows him and wife resident in UK
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06703824/filing-history

stopdoingstuff

The same is happening on the right - PJ O'Rourke was and is bloody funny, but as the Republican party has drifted off towards the wild shores of Trump/Breitbart/Bannon, PJO'R found himself advocating a vote for Hilary Clinton in 2016.
On the grounds that while she was wrong about everything, she was wrong in a more normal way than Trump was wrong.
It's much more pronounced on the left though because the left in it's current pro-censorship mode is a threat to the actual livelihood of comedians.

Wascurito

Some elements on the left are in danger of going the same way. There's a pofacedness amongst some of them that brooks no humour if it's directed their way.

Uganda

Well Brendan o Carroll as a left winger has imagination, as does his family.

Their imagination is particularly strong when it comes to looking for tax havens.

Don't think Brendan regards that as humorous though.

artfoley56

is that not par for the course with lefties?

Spirit Of Newgrange

right wing comedians face tons of censorship and public vilification. that is the real reason.

toastedheretic

Most of the acutely right wing people I’ve come across have a great deal of difficulty getting laid ,have often times wondered if it was a classic chicken v egg dynamic, had years of isolation and self pleasure resulted in their bizarre political views or had there inability to stymie such ideologies resulted in a largely lonely sexually repressed and thus very bitter existence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Threads

Most Replies