Grassroots tour is needed by Kenny to raise support

RahenyFG

I have a great idea and I hope someone from Fine Gael picks up to this idea. For Fine Gael and Enda Kenny to regain support in the polls, Enda Kenny should go on a nationwide grassroots tour around all constituencies and get in touch with the people that matter-the electorate.

I believe this will benefit the party and Kenny greatly. Particularly for Kenny as most of the nation is use to him by tv or radio where he is a terrible performer. He has a good personality in person and this is what he can use to his benefit in such a grassroots tour. I could see Fine Gael shooting up in the polls if he did this and if he were to have done this, circa 2009, when FG were as high as 38% in the opinion polls then perhaps FG would be in majority territory.

RahenyFG

If he were to do this, now and not just for the election, people will warm to his nice guy charisma and surely it will see his support go up and in turn see Fine Gael's support go up with many seeing Kenny as a reason not to vote Fine Gael being persuaded to do otherwise.

L'Chaim

In these times is "a good personality" what people are looking for? What Enda, or Eamonn, or Gerry needs to do is to convince us why we should vote for them. Voting for them because they are not FF is not a good enough reason. Otherwise we are just replacing one 'lot' with another. And then it's another fine mess we got ourselves into. Replacing FF with FG, just because FG are not FF is moronic. We know FF made a mess of things. What we need to know from the other parties is why we should vote for them.

Ah Well

It's understandable why some people are almost hoping for IMF intervention when you see the likes of this ..............

Baron von Biffo

If he were to do this, now and not just for the election, people will warm to his nice guy charisma and surely it will see his support go up and in turn see Fine Gael's support go up with many seeing Kenny as a reason not to vote Fine Gael being persuaded to do otherwise.
The people who had the most contact with him, his own front bench, voted no confidence in him.

The best FG can do if they don't ditch him is to keep him locked away somewhere out of sight and hope for a NUJ strike during the GE to keep him off the telly and radio.

RahenyFG

In these times is "a good personality" what people are looking for? What Enda, or Eamonn, or Gerry needs to do is to convince us why we should vote for them. Voting for them because they are not FF is not a good enough reason. Otherwise we are just replacing one 'lot' with another. And then it's another fine mess we got ourselves into. Replacing FF with FG, just because FG are not FF is moronic. We know FF made a mess of things. What we need to know from the other parties is why we should vote for them.
Yes that's why it is needed. To get in touch with the electorate and get to the bottom of their problems and show real care for the people who intend to vote for you. A grassroots tour in all truth is something all party leaders need to do, especially in these times. Make all the more sense for FG, who have been in dangerous territory throughout this year and are in trouble of being junior partner in the next government to clueless Labour.

RahenyFG

The people who had the most contact with him, his own front bench, voted no confidence in him.

The best FG can do if they don't ditch him is to keep him locked away somewhere out of sight and hope for a NUJ strike during the GE to keep him off the telly and radio.
They had their reasons and at least they were vocal about it unlike Fianna Fail. Are you telling me there isn't a good number in the party that wouldn't want Cowen gone with FF hitting record lows in the polls and Cowen himself highly unpopular.

An NUJ strike isn't what is needed for Kenny to win an election, another radical idea by myself but he should read up on books on nervousness such as the nervousness he suffers on TV or radio or dare I say it, be hypnotised to be more relaxed on TV.

Ah Well

Must be some solace to FG tho in their top level ongoing conundrums to have the newly formed Gilmore Wave with €8 Bonds scenarios

Ah, spoiled indeed are the Electorate for choices :rolleyes:

Confused (or demented) most likes

L'Chaim

Yes that's why it is needed. To get in touch with the electorate and get to the bottom of their problems and show real care for the people who intend to vote for you. A grassroots tour in all truth is something all party leaders need to do, especially in these times. Make all the more sense for FG, who have been in dangerous territory throughout this year and are in trouble of being junior partner in the next government to clueless Labour.
But a grassroots tour by Enda is only going to attract Enda supporters who will vote for him anyway. What he and Eamonn and Gerry etc. need to do is tell us what they want to do, how they plan on doing it and how long it will take. Convince us why we should vote for them instead of anyone else.

In elections in the past I gave the Greens a 'sympathy' vote. Never thinking they would get into power, but I liked that they had a cause. Boy was I mistaken. Never again will I give anyone or any party a 'sympathy' or protest vote. Your vote is important, otherwise groups like the Greens get into power. Don't vote for someone because they are in a different party to the one you don't like. Don't give a party a protest or sympathy vote. Only vote for someone or some party because you believe in them. Don't throw your votes away like I did in the past with the Greens

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

RahenyFG said:
I have a great idea and I hope someone from Fine Gael picks up to this idea. For Fine Gael and Enda Kenny to regain support in the polls, Enda Kenny should go on a nationwide grassroots tour around all constituencies and get in touch with the people that matter-the electorate.

I believe this will benefit the party and Kenny greatly. Particularly for Kenny as most of the nation is use to him by tv or radio where he is a terrible performer. He has a good personality in person and this is what he can use to his benefit in such a grassroots tour. I could see Fine Gael shooting up in the polls if he did this and if he were to have done this, circa 2009, when FG were as high as 38% in the opinion polls then perhaps FG would be in majority territory.
What about his job?

:roll: If you've nothing to say, say nothing.
Ooh... The FG police are in. ;)

Desperate Dan

Kenny needs subtitles when he is talking to people. Maybe someone to speak for him. Like Richard Bruton.

RahenyFG

What about his job?
My remedy to that is he's takes two to three weeks off the Dail, not before the budget because it would look bad and not good for FG's public relations but possibly after the budget if an election isn't called by then. A grassroots tour would help Enda get an even better job, Taoiseach!

mido

like buster keaton his best work is conveyed in silence

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

My remedy to that is he's takes two to three weeks off the Dail, not before the budget because it would look bad and not good for FG's public relations but possibly after the budget if an election isn't called by then. A grassroots tour would help Enda get an even better job, Taoiseach!
during the xmas break perhaps?

RahenyFG

during the xmas break perhaps?
Not a bad idea. People will especially warm to him with their shock over budget cuts. Good FG propaganda move I say and im not even in the party!

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Not a bad idea. People will especially warm to him with their shock over budget cuts. Good FG propaganda move I say and im not even in the party!
What would he say to them? What would the message be?

"FG loves you and understands your plight! We in t'other party know what it's like to survive on meagre incomes. Here's a free hug and a block of cheese. xx"

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Lol .... are you a Member of the "Apathetic about Irish Political Parties" Group ... that one can only grow in Membership by the main tbh ;)
Thought I was being cynical? ;) I'm in that club alright!

TDs who took pay cut want their money back - Times Online
Sunday Times said:
In October 2008, Kenny announced he was taking a 5% cut from his then annual salary of €106,581. The Fine Gael leader, who at the time was proposing a freeze on public-sector pay, described it as a symbolic gesture. A total of 14 other Fine Gael TDs and senators followed their leader’s example.

After the budget, the basic salary of a TD is falling by €7,519, from €100,190 to €92,671. A spokesman for Kenny said, in light of this, he has decided to rescind his voluntary pay reduction.

Popular Threads

Most Replies