• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Grave Robber Joan (Is her budget comment on robbing "property tax" from the dead the worst ever?)

venusian

Grave Robber Joan (Is her budget comment on robbing "property tax" from the dead the worst ever?)

Coffin Robber Joan Burton!

Is Joan Burton's comment advocating grave robbery to thieve the proposed tax on the family home( the mis-named "property tax") from dead people a new low for "labour"

Older people could delay paying property tax until they die
Older people could delay paying property tax until they die – Burton

Can “labour” lower themselves any further into the mire by continuing to abandon any more of Labour's original Principles?

Fine Gael shoved "labour's" scared little proposal for a token 3% increase in the USC (to keep the more timid "labour" backbenchers onside) metaphorically up "labour's" butt whilst patting their little pets with a lousy and totally ineffective increase in the property tax on property worth more than a million

Blood sucking grave robber Joan, being an accountant knows full well that the property tax for the wealthy will bring in a teeny weeny fraction of what "labour's" desired increase in the USC would take in.

So now she is advocating grave robbing.

Has any other "labour" politician ever come out with such of a nauseating statement prior to the budget, a budget that "labour" will be destroyed by!

Warrior of Destiny

"She is now advocating grave robbing"

This thread will be amazing.

ruserious

Michael Collins would turn in his grave....wait...

Cooperate for freedom

It's just like inheritance tax.

Warrior of Destiny

I thought it was something to do with Zombie bank accounts until I read the article...and promptly threw up! :D
I'm actually surprised you put up a picture of Joan at her best.

Grey Area

Analyzer

No. Burton's biggest gaffe was when she told the nation

"we are in this recession, because we have run out of money".

Edo

I think its a fair proposal.............inherited wealth is a curse - dont give me that sh^te about the "family" home.........when you are dead - you wont need it - and your sprogs , if you brought them up right - should be able to fend for themselves and have no need of the family home and have "family" homes of their own........

I've already told the auld lad that all I want when he kicks the bucket is his guitar and no bills..........anyway the house will probably be gone to pay for my folks medical bills if they decide to hang around..........

venusian

No. Burton's biggest gaffe was when she told the nation

"we are in this recession, because we have run out of money".
I needed a laugh thanks for reminding me of that one!

Now I am off to bed, with cloves of garlic..bell book and candle and a bucket of holy water for protection

Truly the tax on the family home will be a Stake Through the Heart (if they had a heart!) of "labour"

sadmal

Is Joan Burton's comment advocating grave robbery to thieve the proposed tax on the family home( the mis-named "property tax") from dead people a new low for "labour"

Can “labour” lower themselves any further into the mire by continuing to abandon any more of Labour's original Principles?

Fine Gael shoved "labour's" scared little proposal for a token 3% increase in the USC (to keep the more timid "labour" backbenchers onside) metaphorically up "labour's" butt whilst patting their little pets with a lousy and totally ineffective increase in the property tax on property worth more than a million

Blood sucking grave robber Joan, being an accountant knows full well that the property tax for the wealthy will bring in a teeny weeny fraction of what "labour's" desired increase in the USC would take in.

Has any other "labour" politician ever come out with such of a nauseating statement prior to the budget, a budget that "labour" will be destroyed by!
If you read it right you will see it was a proposal by Michael Noonan. But that would spoil a good rant at Labour wimmim wouldn't it?

dizillusioned

I think its a fair proposal.............inherited wealth is a curse - dont give me that sh^te about the "family" home.........when you are dead - you wont need it - and your sprogs , if you brought them up right - should be able to fend for themselves and have no need of the family home and have "family" homes of their own........

I've already told the auld lad that all I want when he kicks the bucket is his guitar and no bills..........anyway the house will probably be gone to pay for my folks medical bills if they decide to hang around..........
Glad to see you are happy with his guitar and thats it, personally all I want from my parents is them.

ShoutingIsLeadership

If people can't afford to pay this tax when they're alive, it kind of gives a lie to the idea that this is a wealth tax.

daveL

?

You must have serious issues with inheritance tax then

cricket

I'd say the OP had a bad pint last night, still gave me a laugh though.
Property tax should have been introduced here years ago.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com

Zoo

turdsl

This government reaches what we think is a new low even for them,

and then they go lower.

TheWexfordInn

If people can't afford to pay this tax when they're alive, it kind of gives a lie to the idea that this is a wealth tax.
I think you are confusing a wealth tax (which the property tax is) with an Income tax (which the property tax isn't). It would not be exceptionally unusual for older people to have low a income but to be wealthy, most commonly due to being house owners.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies