Grealish hints at possibility of new Govt- update: withdraws support !

On_The_Far_Right

It seems one of FFs backers in the guise of former PD Noel Grealish has suggested the possibility of a GE / new government / his support in vote of no confidence in government.

Independent TD calls for new Government | BreakingNews.ie

Update: Grealish Withdraws Support - http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/grealish-withdraws-support-from-government-474917.html

He has criticised the money being poured into banks while health services continue to crumble. This would appear to be a swipe also at his former party leader Mary Harney, Minister for Health.

Could this latest recruit to the anti-FF camp open the possibility of this years budget in December not being passed?? and therefore force a January 2011 General Election??

Last edited:

DeputyEdo

He still hasn't said he's withdrawing his support for the FF government though!

ballot stuffer

Backbenchers getting nervous? Will there be a rush for the door to be first to claim the credit of bringing down an unpopular government.

DeputyEdo

Backbenchers getting nervous? Will there be a rush for the door to be first to claim the credit of bringing down an unpopular government.
considering that this gov has been unpopular for some time now, this has got to be the slowest rush to the door ever

smitchy2

Typical gombeen politician.
Only concerned when it affects his backdoor.

If FG don't get a majority(very unlikely) than we will continue to pour money into the HSE based on previous years budgets rather than real requirments.

Tony Liar

The usual, speaking out of both sides of this mouth. When it comes to a vote he will still vote for the government.

Anorakphobia

Noel trying to nail his seat.

One thing is now almost certain, if Cowen goes we have a general election.
There simply is not enough votes anymore for a third FF Taoiseach with three declared now against the idea.
Even with the CC that leaves them in 81-82 territory.

I'd watch someone with a rock solid safe seat to pull the plug this weekend.
John Mc Guinness would be my guess.

Asparagus

What way did he vote on NAMA?

Is it recorded so we can see that he was saying the exact same stuff a few months back when hs support was really needed
He supports the government so well have to assume that he supported NAMA - i'm sure his voting record is extractable but i'd be pretty certain.

Fair play to him now tho - i'd vote for a green if they pulled the plug today
and i hate greens.

Ethan Edwards

Is Noel running a flag up in the hope of ring fencing Health Services in his own Constituency or is he serious?

the_rebubblican

Trying to save his political hide, the greasy little gombeen. :mad:
Immediately after the last election confirmed he was in he was asked if he'd consider joining FF as the PDs had imploded. Cue hoops and yahoos form his cronies in the count centre. It as obvious back then he was a FF in PD clothing. He's got his lifejacket at the ready, they're finding difficult to believe the show will last much longer....

Mushroom

Trying to save his political hide, the greasy little gombeen. :mad:
Yep - looks as though the threatened health cuts in the Western Region have smoked him out of his comfort zone.

No doubt Biffo will instruct Harney to resume Noelie's regular ear tweaking and spanking regime next week, after which the little ferret will go quiet again.

Tom245

He must have complete contempt for the electorate by thinking that they will fall for these antics having supported this government while they bankrupted the country.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies