Great achievement for Irish Hotels

Lara2

We don't want good news stories here, this is p.ie for god's sake. Away with you to the Ray D'Arcy "Good News" slot.

Felixness

That room looks very appealing right now. It must be wonderful to be able to afford to stay in such expensive hotels. What is it with hotels having so many mirrors though? I try to avoid looking at my wobbly bits. petunia

Bleu Poppy

But for the Buildings at Risk Fund operated by the Heritage Council there would be no Ballyfin.

The Minister for Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs needs to move immediately to re-instate such funding- scores more buildings that can contribute to our tourism industry need rescuing.

And while she is at it, the Local Authority Conservation Grant Scheme should be brought back, along with the Civic Structures Grant Scheme and the Significant Places of Public Worship funding mechanism- with adequate monies to ensure that their objectives are achieved.

Catalpast

But for the Buildings at Risk Fund operated by the Heritage Council there would be no Ballyfin.

The Minister for Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs needs to move immediately to re-instate such funding- scores more buildings that can contribute to our tourism industry need rescuing.

And while she is at it, the Local Authority Conservation Grant Scheme should be brought back, along with the Civic Structures Grant Scheme and the Significant Places of Public Worship funding mechanism- with adequate monies to ensure that their objectives are achieved.
So this is funded by Irish taxpayers?

- the vast majority of whom could not afford afternoon tea there

- let alone a night in the 4 poster?

Does Ruth Coppinger know about this?:evil:

So this is funded by Irish taxpayers?

- the vast majority of whom could not afford afternoon tea there

- let alone a night in the 4 poster?

Does Ruth Coppinger know about this?:evil:
She not yet stayed there.

Wonder has Ms Daly or Mr Wallace ?

redsaint

More corporate welfare,I would love to know how much was given to our Ibec,Cif,maFFia and blueshirts members in the last 10 years.

SeanieFitz

It is a fantastic hotel to stay in.
Newstalk mentioned yesterday evening that it was a 6* Hotel, I hadn't realised we had 6* Hotels in Ireland

Tourism is booming, Killarney, Kenmare and Dingle had a great season. Smaller beach towns, Ballyheigue, Ballybunion etc had a difficult enough season due to the poor weather. The 4/5* Hotels in Kerry had a fantastic year

New Threads

Most Replies