Great News for Cork - US DOT permit for Norwegian Air cleared for transatlantic flights

robut

https://twitter.com/Fly_from_Cork/status/804818099555987456

Some good news finally. The US Dept of Transportation has issued a permit for Norwegian, clearing the way for transatlantic flights
Finally .. after a long long time transatlantic flights from Cork to USA become a reality ..

https://twitter.com/FlyFromCORK/status/804814874903769088

The US DoT have just issued @fly_norwegian with a foreign carrier permit allowing them to fly from @CORKAIRPORT to Boston & New York #Cork
The long awaited permit :D

Last edited:

Boy M5

robut

What does it mean "might" have they got permission or not?
Or are you just watching words to be accurate?

More competition that's good!
The Might was MY addition :D .. It is happening as you can see the tweets from Fly from Cork/Cork Airport. Cork have been waiting so long for this I was just afraid I would jinx it :D

stopdoingstuff

This is very distressing news. I hate to see anything good happening to Cork. Only jking langers- I love Cork and I am delighted.

robut

robut

EXCLUSIVE: Norwegian Air granted licence paving way for first ever direct routes between Cork and US - Independent.ie

Norwegian Air International (NAI) has been finally granted a licence by US authorities that will enable to launch highly anticipated direct transatlantic routes between Ireland and American cities including Boston and New York.

The flights – the first ever direct routes between Cork and the United States – are now certain to launch in 2017. Boston is first on NAI’s planned schedule from Cork, with New York to follow later.

former wesleyan

robut

Maybe that's why Rachael Allen's opening a new restaurant opposite the Courts.
To be sure FW :D

And the new Beamish Quarter events centre opening up near by - about 5000 capacity venue and complex in old Beamish Brewery grounds literally to the right of the pic foreground

D

Deleted member 17573

They might have the license but have they got pilots to fly the aircraft?

freewillie

The first positive news from Trumps America

asset test

Good news, but it has to be supported by the rebels.

Is that not the reason other flights were pulled before now?

Prof Honeydew

D

Deleted member 17573

A
Norwegian won't necessarily be flying from Cork according to the man who announced the newws.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2016/1203/836258-norwegian-air-granted-licence-for-cork-flights/

Makes much more sense for them to fly from Shannon to avail of the customs and immigration pre-clearance.
Any idea which aircraft type they are planning to use? I assumed it was the 787, but I don't think that Cork runway is anywhere near long enough for that type. And if it's the 737, does it have the range, and who wants to fly transatlantic on that type anyway?

hiding behind a poster

yup they also have ryanair prices,
If you're prepared to travel without checked baggage or food. Suits some people, doesn't suit most on transatlantic trips. But once you feed those "extras" in, Norwegian are no cheaper than anyone else.

firefly123

At last America is finally connected to Cork.....

As a Cork person might say

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies