• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Greece About To Join QE Party

Accidental sock

Hurray for Greece. There is light at the end of yon tunnel.

They would save more money, if they turned off the lights at the end of the tunnel...

They've learned nothing!!

gleeful

Good for them. As it happens I just arrived in Athens. They dont seem to be partying.

hmmm

Imagine that - Syriza kick out the looney left who utterly failed with their "stick two fingers up to the hun" strategy, and sign a deal for debt relief as a consequence. Things are looking up for the Greeks, but their banking system is still screwed after 6 months of hard-left rule.

gleeful

Imagine that - Syriza kick out the looney left who utterly failed with their "stick two fingers up to the hun" strategy, and sign a deal for debt relief as a consequence. Things are looking up for the Greeks, but their banking system is still screwed after 6 months of hard-left rule.
If you consider syrizas actions rather than their talk, I dont see much evidence of them being left.

Before the election they said they would leave Nato and veto TIPP trade deal. Theyve done feck all.

O

Oscurito

If the ECB starts hoovering up Greek bonds, Greek yields will fall off sharply. Then the Greeks will be able to enter the market for long term borrowing.

This won't at all mean that they're completely out of the woods. They'll need to maintain incredible budgetary discipline for years to come but at least they'll have their sovereignty back and the long period of national humiliation will be at an end.

O

Oscurito

If you consider syrizas actions rather than their talk, I dont see much evidence of them being left.

Before the election they said they would leave Nato and veto TIPP trade deal. Theyve done feck all.
Pseudo-left. They'll come out with any old populist nonsense to get themselves into power - just like the AAA/PBP.

Surkov

Any attempt to leave NATO would never be tolerated. The 'dirty tricks brigade' would not be long about making an appearance.

sondagefaux

Greece was set to exit its bailout programme in December 2015. Syriza and ANEL (their right-wing allies) have prolonged its supervision by the Troika/Quartet by several years. That's what happens when enough people vote for student politicians to run a country.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies