• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Greek Coalition Government to collapse within days

Cassandra Syndrome

The fragile coalition government in Greece was all but certain to fall apart within a year. Developments today indicate that this arrangement has terminally fractured and fresh elections are now all but certain before the year is out.

What the news really is, is that with Greece poised to vote on critical labor reforms (read more layoffs) next week, which must be passed in Parliament with a majority vote in order to get the next Troika bailout tranche, the Samaras-led coalition just lost one of its three members, after the Democratic Left announced it would take its 16 votes and vote against any further austerity. In doing so it has effectively joined Syriza and any other anti-bailout powers, and has made certain that yet another Greek election is imminent, one which will finally see the rise of the "anti-memorandum" forces on top, and finally launch the 3 year overdue departure of the Greek ferryboat from the monetary landmass, with even more dire consequences for the USS EURtanic.
Greek Ruling Coalition Collapses Days Ahead Of Critical Vote | ZeroHedge

This raises the issue of the timeline of the inevitable Greek exit of the Eurozone and with this uncertainty now raised, the probability of a Grexit within the next 3 months has substantially increased.

sport02

Even though DL have signalled they will vote no, mathematically Samaras will still hold a majority.
Also Venizelos from Pasok looking for more concessions, anything could happen between now and the vote
but I immediately thought when I saw this tweet that Zerohedge might be jumping the gun.

Last edited:

Analyzer

We're alright.

Baldy Noonan says that we can manage without Feta cheese.

Ribeye

That Nobel Prize is gonna look pretty funny when the EU Peacekeepers are deployed onto the streets of Athens,

I can just hear Barrosso,

"we have deployed troops in Athens in order to protect the Greek people from, em, themselves"

Al.

The fragile coalition government in Greece was all but certain to fall apart within a year. Developments today indicate that this arrangement has terminally fractured and fresh elections are now all but certain before the year is out.
What the news really is, is that with Greece poised to vote on critical labor reforms (read more layoffs) next week, which must be passed in Parliament with a majority vote in order to get the next Troika bailout tranche, the Samaras-led coalition just lost one of its three members, after the Democratic Left announced it would take its 16 votes and vote against any further austerity. In doing so it has effectively joined Syriza and any other anti-bailout powers, and has made certain that yet another Greek election is imminent, one which will finally see the rise of the "anti-memorandum" forces on top, and finally launch the 3 year overdue departure of the Greek ferryboat from the monetary landmass, with even more dire consequences for the USS EURtanic.
Greek Ruling Coalition Collapses Days Ahead Of Critical Vote | ZeroHedge

This raises the issue of the timeline of the inevitable Greek exit of the Eurozone and with this uncertainty now raised, the probability of a Grexit within the next 3 months has substantially increased.
The EU will either appoint another government leader for them (remember that? funny how almost not a soul in Ireland regards that as dangerous precedent; maybe if it happens here it'll suddenly be dangerous?) or just rule them directly from Brussels.
The sooner Greece, Ireland and Spain are kicked out of the euro zone the better
And whose side are you on, kamerad?

True Republican

So another election in Greece methinks either towards Christmas or early 2013. Syriza will probably emerge as the largest party with their clueless economic policies, Golden Dawn look like they are going to break 15%, Greece now resembles the Weimar Republic of the early 30's. Neo communists and warped fascist nutjobs emerging as the strongest parties. Let Greece rot as far as I'm concerned.

Clanrickard

So another election in Greece methinks either towards Christmas or early 2013. Syriza will probably emerge as the largest party with their clueless economic policies, Golden Dawn look like they are going to break 15%, Greece now resembles the Weimar Republic of the early 30's. Neo communists and warped fascist nutjobs emerging as the strongest parties. Let Greece rot as far as I'm concerned.
I feel the same but it is no one's interests to have people routing for their dinner in bins and far right thugs roaming the streets of Athens beating up anyone they don't like the look of. They need to default and bring back the Drachma.

Marvar88

TR, you are a good poster but maybe you do not know CS.

He is a bluffer. He merely takes anything the Gold obsessed clowns at ZH say as gospel.

I wouldn't be putting any bets on that government falling.

Cassandra Syndrome

Al.

And it doesn't bother you that this is by EU design. Interesting.

commonman

And what are we going to do ,put up with another 10 years of hardship for a few fuccking banks.

Al.

TR, you are a good poster but maybe you do not know CS.

He is a bluffer. He merely takes anything the Gold obsessed clowns at ZH say as gospel.

I wouldn't be putting any bets on that government falling
You're certainly acquitting yourself with the personal attacks. Negatively, that is. The Marxist rhetoric isn't helping either.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
They got themselves into this. I have no sympathy, but if they can bring down the accursed euro in the process, then fair play to them.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies