• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Green Party favors cuts to vunerable while protecting the wealthy

johndodger

Once again the elitist Green party has shown that it favors cuts that hurt the vunerable (10,000 special needs assistants to go) while protecting the wealthy (over its refusal to budge on college fees).

How can the Green party possibly morally justify the continuation of free college fees for the wealthy and super rich?

Coalition tensions over college fees

talkies

Once again the elitist Green party has shown that it favors cuts that hurt the vunerable (10,000 special needs assistants to go) while protecting the wealthy (over its refusal to budge on college fees).

How can the Green party possibly morally justify the continuation of free college fees for the wealthy and super rich?

Coalition tensions over college fees
This is the usual posturing that we get in the run up to the budget. There will not be a doubling of registration fees and if anything a more minor increase.

I agree with yout point about special needs assistants but would question that the wealthy are being protected from increased registration fees. Currently maintenance grants and free registration is available to students from families with incomes under €51,000 (approx for families with up to 4 children).

Are you saying that families above this threshold are wealthy.

johndodger

This is the usual posturing that we get in the run up to the budget. There will not be a doubling of registration fees and if anything a more minor increase.

I agree with yout point about special needs assistants but would question that the wealthy are being protected from increased registration fees. Currently maintenance grants and free registration is available to students from families with incomes under €51,000 (approx for families with up to 4 children).

Are you saying that families above this threshold are wealthy.
I'm not talking about maintenance grants or registration fees. I'm talking to actual college fees which are free to all regardless of parental income.

Expatriot

Who would have thought that a load of wealthy TDs from very leafy parts of Dublin would be out of touch with the rest of the Country?

The Greens are not in anyway connected to 97% of Irish peoples thinking.