• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Green Party private forum

Eddiepops

The Green Party private members only forum is open for business and can be accessed at memberlist.php?mode=group&g=6753
The purpose of the forum is to discuss party and green matters in a private area that can only be accessed by group members.

If you are not already a member and woud like to become one, you can apply to join by going to the forum and clicking the apply to join button. Alternatively send me a private message.

Unfortunately membership is restricted to members of the Green Party and/or the Young Greens.

SPN

Eddiepops said:
Unfortunately membership is restricted to members of the Green Party and/or the Young Greens.
What do you mean "unfortunately"?

Eddiepops

David Cochrane said:
OR?

You can be a Young Green but not a Green?
You can, and indeed that vast vast majority are. But they can still be trusted...

Is it the one called "Young Greens"? I only ask because I'm not even young at heart.
That's the one, I think a name change is in order actually.

What do you mean "unfortunately"?
Just a sop to those devastated by their exclusion

greendublin2007

Macchiavelli said:
Why aren't people using the membership forum on the Green Party's own website?
If you need to ask that question then you're too stupid to understand the answer! :D

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
Should be handy for holding their private-conference where they sell out their principles on the EU Treaty.

green

Website
www.younggreens.ie
FutureTaoiseach said:
Should be handy for holding their private-conference where they sell out their principles on the EU Treaty.
You trawled through a month's worth of back threads for that?

Yipe.

White Horse

Eddiepops said:
Or anyone who has ever given a brown envelope to a FF councillor.

pluralist

Well, Future Taoiseach used to be a member of the most pro-Europe party in Dail Eireann, so his concern for the Greens (allegedly) ditching their (alleged) Euroscepticism is rather touching.

I was a member of the PD's myself many years ago, while at college (early 90's).

One of the things that turned me off the party and led me to allow my membership to lapse was that I was, at that point, fairly Eurosceptic and I didn't much like the PD's virulently pro-European stance.

These days I am fairly pro-Europe.

smiffy

Website
cedarlounge.wordpress.com
pluralist said:
Well, Future Taoiseach used to be a member of the most pro-Europe party in Dail Eireann, so his concern for the Greens (allegedly) ditching their (alleged) Euroscepticism is rather touching.
I think that membership was called into some question. Still, what I'm particularly interested in is whether FutureTaoiseach is actually capable of explaining which 'principles' the Green Party would be abandoning if they choose to support the Reform Treaty, or whether he'll fall back to his usual position of ignorance, where he tosses around a few poorly-understood clichés about those he disagrees with (see, for reference, virtually anything he's ever written about Fine Gael).

You see, being able to explain someone else's principles requires an ability to empathise, to an extent, with someone else, being able to see an issue from a point of view other than your own (even if you don't agree with it). I sincerely doubt whether FutureTaoiseach, the political Replicant, has this capacity.

pluralist

smiffy said:
Still, what I'm particularly interested in is whether FutureTaoiseach is actually capable of explaining which 'principles' the Green Party would be abandoning if they choose to support the Reform Treaty, or whether he'll fall back to his usual position of ignorance, where he tosses around a few poorly-understood clichés about those he disagrees with (see, for reference, virtually anything he's ever written about Fine Gael).
Well, not that I'm an FG supporter or anything - and on this particular forum, a small minority of their contributors really get my goat at times (Hi Insider! ;) - but I'd certainly agree that FutureTaoiseach's characterisation of the FG party as Blueshirt Castle Catholic Traitor West Brits (TM) is laughable, cliched, unnuanced and absurd. Particularly as, so far as I can gather many of their policies are not remarkably different from those of the party that he may, or may not have been, until recently a member.

cactus flower

my guess is it is a forum for Greens to beat each other about the head over sell out - dirty little business
fortunately some greens have the courage to do this in public

cactus flower said:
my guess is it is a forum for Greens to beat each other about the head over sell out - dirty little business
Yes, its all very sinister....

qtman

Barra Roantree said:
[quote="cactus flower":1xdiol8c]my guess is it is a forum for Greens to beat each other about the head over sell out - dirty little business
Yes, its all very sinister....[/quote:1xdiol8c]

Actually, 2007/08 has seen the emergence of a new species of politico.

It's characteristics are as follows:

Doesn't like the Green Party
Doesn't know anything about the Green Party
Doesn't vote for the Green Party
Will never vote for the Green Party
Doesn't understand why other people vote for the Green Party
Experiences frequent bouts of of bitterness regarding Green Party
Claims to have in-depth knowledge of motivation and viewpoint of Green Party members
Frequently makes predictions about political collapse of Green Party
Enjoys word play
Likes dark rooms and long periods of rest
Is sometimes tempted to buy Irish Daily Mail

Its called the "antivirens moronicus".

2007 saw the emergence also of the new species, greenus hypocriticus, a lifeform that has a remarkable ability to adapt to new surroundings by shedding its previously useful skin when it becomes inconvenient. Its vulgar name is Gormley's ostrich, based on a penchant for burying its head in sand or indeed in any muck that other inhabitants of its environment leave around them.

Conservationists fear that, unless it removes itself from, or radically alters, its newly-favoured environment, the species may not be a long-lived one.