Green Party private forum

fiannafailure

Amblincork

Could you tell me what the green party policy on renewable energy is.

Geoffrey

Considering their dwindling election prospects, perhaps all future Green meetings should be held in private, as the electorate just dont seem to care !
Stop talking complete poppycock. The Green Partys support base is rock solid. People vote Green because the other parties are old hat, Green is the way forward.

the_moss

The Green Party private members only forum is open for business and can be accessed at memberlist.php?mode=group&g=6753
The purpose of the forum is to discuss party and green matters in a private area that can only be accessed by group members.

If you are not already a member and woud like to become one, you can apply to join by going to the forum and clicking the apply to join button. Alternatively send me a private message.

Unfortunately membership is restricted to members of the Green Party and/or the Young Greens.
Sprouts???

youngdan

The guys with the big net will be right over to round ye up

amblincork

Stop talking complete poppycock. The Green Partys support base is rock solid. People vote Green because the other parties are old hat, Green is the way forward.
As the lemmings said, " onwards, onwards towards the cliffs !
the reality is that it is becoming difficult to muster enthusiasm to even talk about the Greens as they are becoming irrelevant.

amblincork

Amblincork

Could you tell me what the green party policy on renewable energy is.
Well they appear to divide their policy into renewables that dont offend their ideological sensitiviities, those that dont discomfit John Gormley's constituents and then the rest.
It is a rather bizzare way to approach global warming but I guess it helped to get them into power. Happily mainstream politicians are going to 'take over' renewables from here on in.

joemomma

Well they appear to divide their policy into renewables that dont offend their ideological sensitiviities, those that dont discomfit John Gormley's constituents and then the rest.
It is a rather bizzare way to approach global warming but I guess it helped to get them into power. Happily mainstream politicians are going to 'take over' renewables from here on in.
Hang on, are you going to try and tell us that waste is a renewable resource now?

amblincork

This is what is referred to in some parts of the country as bollocks notions.
Here is a letter in todays' Indo that the Greens can discuss in private :

Tuesday July 21 2009

Michael Brennan's report, "Greens put Coalition on line over fuel taxes", (Irish Independent, July 20) is really an indication of just how far removed the Green Party is from the people of Ireland.

A few lines in the report struck me: "But the Greens, still smarting from the June elections bloodbath, will warn Mr Cowen that unless there are 'green fingerprints' all over the renegotiated Programme for Government, there is a real risk its members will vote to abandon Coalition at their convention in October."

When the Greens went into coalition with Fianna Fail, surely they were not so naive as to believe they would call the shots?

They were happy to get into government, but now that they have their feet firmly under the table they feel they can't be replaced.

Everyone is replaceable. The dole queues are full of irreplaceable people.

They want a so-called 'green tax' and at the same time want the most vulnerable in society protected. They haven't really thought this one out.

You don't have to be an economist to see how a rise in the cost of fuel will affect the most vulnerable in society, especially those who want to ensure their children do not go to bed cold at night, people who sit in the dark in order to save the cost of electricity or the people who manage to put a 10 or 15-year-old car on the road in order to bring their children to school because they can't afford to put them on a school bus.

Would these be the "most vulnerable" people that the Green Party wants to protect with a green tax? "The party had hoped to use the increased revenue from petrol and diesel taxes to reduce the cost of public transport service and therefore minimise the public backlash against the carbon tax," added Michael Brennan's report.

Now they really are being naive. When the Greens refer to the public transport service, they are talking specifically about Dublin.

I most certainly cannot avail of public transport to take me to the nearest town.

I would say to Mr Gormley and his party, bring it on, help Fianna Fail heap another unwanted and unnecessary tax on us because, after all, that is all they are good at.

Enjoy the power while you can and if Fianna Fail have any bit of good left in them, they'll call your bluff. Go on Mr Cowen, I dare you.

Seamus Dolan
Clonmel, Co Tipperary

Theres actually too little interst in the Greens now to make it the subject of a thread !

creagh lane

The Greens are GONE. Fool me once..etc etc etc

If you sleep with Dogs you invariably catch FLEA's

LONG LIVE DEMOCRACY.

NeilW

They want a so-called 'green tax' and at the same time want the most vulnerable in society protected. They haven't really thought this one out.
Ah, if only we had Mr Dolan here to explain the thinking behind these statements. He leaves us without an explanation of how the proposal hasnt been thought out :(

SirCharles

Strong Greens ???

Current political affairs show us clearly that the Greens in government had the power for change.

Why then NAMA ???
Why isn't Shell to Sea ?
Why not even the existence of a sustainable recycling strategy in Ireland?
???

"GREENS" ??? doesn't sound very sustainable when it comes to GP/CG in government.

It's a shame!

anewbeginning

400 people viewing the Green Party forum. And only 8 people viewing the FF and FG party forums combined. Greens are popular aren't they.

Canon

Greens + Fíanna Fáil= current situation. Solution -Fíanna Fáil +Dáil reform.

Canon

I can't believe that this thread just died on the 14th of September last. It's now Nov 1st and the green supported government is still privatizing away . Put that in your private forum and smoke it!

Desperate Dan

I'm going out to buy me sandels tomorrow and then I'll apply.
PS I already have a bike.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies