Green Party Senator publicly flirts with Gilmore for GE voting pact

borntorum

Aside from their antics in gov (bank guarantees, bailouts, cuts and such), the way the GP have treated their current partners (as much as I loathe FF), they can shove it. They called a press conference to notify the public of their withdrawal from gov, without even mentioning it to their government partners, despite having had a productive cabinet meeting the night before. On that basis alone they would simply be impossible to work with - totally unpredictable.
+1 They seem to be having a collective total nervous breakdown. Amateurs, utter amateurs

Countess

Advice?

Jeez I dunno, cast an almighty "obliviate" spell so that everyone forgets their post-election turnaround last time?

How else could anyone possibly trust them this time?
Sticking to the Harry Potter theme, I saw the new film yesterday and the Green Party reminded me of "Wormtail" :lol:

jmcc

This is the chap who thinks that a train travelling at 60 MPH is a "bullet" train.
This is the chap who has failed to be elected by the people of Galway.
This is the chap who thinks he is a politician.

Regards...jmcc

jacko

Senator Niall O Brolchain has tweeted about the prospect of a left alliance led by Eamon Gilmore, including Sinn Fein and the Greens.

What advice would you give him?
As a Labour supporter my messages to the senator are

1. You wont have any seats so its not an issue

2. you have spent the past three years as part of the most damaging and corrupt government in irish history. The only thing left for you to do is F*** Off

LgCastell

he is deluded the reality is that any party that go into pacts only do so when the current government are relatively popular and may secure another term in power (hence FG/Lab pact)

Greens facing wipe out while labour are gunning for top dog in the dail they dont need a pact with anyone as both gov parties are ************************ed ... he should see that this "leftish" gov will be contemplated after if numbers add up but anyway NOB shouldnt be too worried because

he wont be any where neat the dail
Sarg and gorm/ryan will be only two left on a good day so if greens thought they were a crutch now imagine what theyd be if they were the 4th party in a gov (behind lab,sf, and ula)

Mondo

Oh don't worry the GREEN POX is not contagious.

It safe to partner with them - ideal in fact for any party of lemmings interested in electoral suicide.

jmcc

Actually Labour's reply should be: We won't take your support but we thank you for your seats. :)

Regards...jmcc

liamfoley

In many respects they are natural bedfellows. A few Green seats may make the left wing government possible. However way too many egos. The markets would not react well to the instability. Also many of the ULA would not support anything less than default and gaoling bankers. It wouldn't see the end of the year. Very interesting idea though.

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
jmcc said:
This is the chap who thinks that a train travelling at 60 MPH is a "bullet" train.
This is the chap who has failed to be elected by the people of Galway.
This is the chap who thinks he is a politician.

Regards...jmcc
It is. He also said (in the Seanad) that Politics.ie and Boards.ie were responsible for the hysteria in the economy.

Sync

It is. He also said (in the Seanad) that Politics.ie and Boards.ie were responsible for the hysteria in the economy.
I always blamed you for the recession as well.

Congalltee

(k)nob went into the last general election as mayor of Galway after their water was poisoned by over-development and got no where near being elected. Wast if space - even for a Green.

bobbysands81

Hilarious stuff from Niall O Brolchain, should this thread not be in the "Political Humour" forum?

liamfoley

Senator Niall O Brolchain has tweeted about the prospect of a left alliance led by Eamon Gilmore, including Sinn Fein and the Greens.

"Is a Left wing Govt now possible? Lab 24, SF 16 and Green 3 (RedC) is nearly enough. Would Mr Gilmore consider a voting pact? Advice sought"

What advice would you give him?
24 + 16 + 3 = 43. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! These are the people who are presenting a budget in less than 2 days and they can't do sums.

harryshounds

they're delusional, the greens actually think they'll still be a viable party after the election..........they are toast,rightly so.
even if they did have numbers in the dail they've been tainted badly by assoc with ff, they must be destroyed just like ff.

borntorum

24 + 16 + 3 = 43. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! These are the people who are presenting a budget in less than 2 days and they can't do sums.
I assume he was referring to percentages rather than seats

liamfoley

I assume he was referring to percentages rather than seats
I sure hope so, but 43% would require some pretty impressive management to get at least 84 seats. Wonder what Independents would be willing to prop up a leftwing government?

Outlander

The Irish political debate at the moment sounds like something from a primary school playground. FG and Labour playing l'll show you mine if you show me your's with their financial plans. Now the greens unable to tell left from right. FF in the teachers corner unable to digest the news that the cigaire has been and gone and given their report card to the parents.

cedarwood10

If the Green membership is serious about this idea, may I suggest the following:

1. Call a special convention to ensure the PP does pull out in January.

2. Pass a motion stating that their election funds only support White, Sargent, Gogarty, O'Brolchain and Dearey.

3. Don't bother supporting Cuffe, he already has a few dollars.

4. Don't support Boyle as he is unelectable.

5. Definitely forget about Gormley and Ryan - save whatever money they would have spent on them on candidates coming up the ranks, who might get a council seat.

This targetting strategy advocated by Gormley in the past should be welcomed by him if he is loyal to his party........

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies