Green Party Senator publicly flirts with Gilmore for GE voting pact

carlovian

Im gonna miss these green rants when they get wiped out in a couple of months.

And i pray Niall goes on Vincent Browne one last time.

I still see his face when Vincent told him not to waste his vote at the next election by voting for himself.

jmcc

It is. He also said (in the Seanad) that Politics.ie and Boards.ie were responsible for the hysteria in the economy.
I would expect him to start blaming the internet in general for the demolition of the Green Party.

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:

liamfoley

If the Green membership is serious about this idea, may I suggest the following:

1. Call a special convention to ensure the PP does pull out in January.

2. Pass a motion stating that their election funds only support White, Sargent, Gogarty, O'Brolchain and Dearey.

3. Don't bother supporting Cuffe, he already has a few dollars.

4. Don't support Boyle as he is unelectable.

5. Definitely forget about Gormley and Ryan - save whatever money they would have spent on them on candidates coming up the ranks, who might get a council seat.

This targetting strategy advocated by Gormley in the past should be welcomed by him if he is loyal to his party........
Just wondering re. the Greens. Anyone think McKenna and the New Greens (the actual name they are using escapes me right now) will take votes from any of the above named?

Mushroom

I

I pray Niall goes on Vincent Browne one last time.

I still see his face when Vincent told him not to waste his vote at the next election by voting for himself.
:lol:

Ah sure as long as his second preference goes to his government buddy Frank Fahey, then all will be well.

RahenyFG

Senator Niall O Brolchain has tweeted about the prospect of a left alliance led by Eamon Gilmore, including Sinn Fein and the Greens.

What advice would you give him?
that the Greens won't be in such a government as they'll be seatless after the next election

jmcc

Just wondering re. the Greens. Anyone think McKenna and the New Greens (the actual name they are using escapes me right now) will take votes from any of the above named?
Definitely. However there is a big problem with some of the floater Greens who may have adopted Greenism as some statement of their arrival in the Middle Class. These would be the most likely vote losses for the existing Green candidates because they may have most to lose from the budget cuts and the economic recession. They may return to their traditional large party voting patterns. The true believers are going to wreak havoc on the Greens that they may now consider to be FF collaborators. These would form some of the Greens' electoral infrastructure and without them, the Greens will find it much harder to get their candidates elected. If there is a polarisation of Irish politics underway, then the more radical Greens (Fis Nua or whatever they are called) could, surprisingly, benefit but it would not result in enough votes to get more than one or two candidates elected.

Regards...jmcc

corelli

I think the thread has covered nearly every conceivable insult/incredulous comment I might want to make, in this instance. Well done lads and lassies!! :)

Tomas Mor

Gilmore will reject this, as the Glasraí will be no good to him. Only one of them will arive back in Dail on a bicycle made for just one.

kaneman

The green party made an alliance with a right of centre party [ff], now they want a left alliance.I'm afraid they made their bed and unless they are political hookers they can't lay with everyone.

cricket

This is somewhere between hilarious and pitiful. They won't be around ( except possibly Seargant ) after the GE , they've shown themselves to be unfit for participation in anything other than a residents' association . In a short time they'll join the ranks of Clann na Poblachta and Kevin Boland's party as a mere dot in the history books.

irishpancake

Im gonna miss these green rants when they get wiped out in a couple of months.

And i pray Niall goes on Vincent Browne one last time.

See the NOB make a complete fool of himself on VB:

TV3 - Video - Tonight with Vincent Browne,

irishpancake

This is somewhere between hilarious and pitiful. They won't be around ( except possibly Seargant ) after the GE , they've shown themselves to be unfit for participation in anything other than a residents' association . In a short time they'll join the ranks of Clann na Poblachta and Kevin Boland's party as a mere dot in the history books.
Jezus, i'd forgot about them:

Aontacht Éireann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, don't forget the Two PD parties, one Left the other Right:

National Progressive Democrats - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Progressive Democrats - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

jmcc

The advice O'Brolchain will need most after the GE will be directions to his local dole office.
Isn't that from where he was plucked to stand as a shining example of Green democracy in the Seanad?

Regards...jmcc

fecker

Came late to this. Love the OP. The Greens are such whores, they'll bed with anyone. I'm being very naughty but, pity Deidre is not around anymore:eek:

RahenyFG

The advice O'Brolchain will need most after the GE will be directions to his local dole office.
John Gormley and Eamon Ryan will find the dole to be a lot less than their ministerial wages, especially as new claimants are the ones facing welfare cuts:lol::lol::lol:

RahenyFG

Came late to this. Love the OP. The Greens are such whores, they'll bed with anyone. I'm being very naughty but, pity Deidre is not around anymore:eek:
or Patricia McKenna;)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies