SF 14% (-2)
Ind 12% (+2)
Lab 6% (+1)
Sol-PBP 4% (-)
Greens 4% (+2)
Ind All 4% (+2)
Soc Dems 2% (-2)
Renua 0% (-1)
If you consider "no longer a left wing party" labour to be centre left you have a problem.

Mick Mac

If you consider the greens to be left in any way you have a problem.

Did you ever see them in government?

What's left about them?

Mick Mac

Great to see Renua still there in the minus 3 to postive 3 range.

RadicalJacobin

The only thing the Greens can fire are blanks, after they, like Labour betrayed their "principles" they have become an electoral irrelevance. Regardless the Green movement is dying across Europe because their policies have been adopted by the mainstream and without that they're just another party offering more of the same. The fact that the Irish Greens haven't been completely destroyed is either a testament to their tenacity or, more likely to the short term memory of the Irish electorate. Like I've been saying a lot around here, like Labour they could've had potential...

Uganda

Does anyone have a trend of the red c results over, say the last 12/18 months?

Uganda

FG 29% (-1)
FF 25% (-1)
SF 14% (-2)
Ind 12% (+2)
Lab 6% (+1)
Sol-PBP 4% (-)
Greens 4% (+2)
Ind All 4% (+2)
Soc Dems 2% (-2)
Renua 0% (-1)
Lab +1, greens +2, Soc dems -2. Net +1.

I'd say the green shoots were shot.

hollandia

Last edited:

Uganda

Yes. Several. See post three below. You can add the last few in yourself.

http://www.politics.ie/forum/elections/256122-opinion-polls-caveat-emptor.html

In red c SF were constantly been 13-16% until march.

Millard Browne tend to skew in favour of FF, FG and SF.

Ipsos seem to be somewhere in-between.

In summary, nothing to see in the last year.

Thanks for that.

Nothing to see, if you call SF being down by 30% in a year " nothing to see". ( SF down from 20% to 14%).

But I guess your under orders to post that sh1te.

hollandia

SF are down precisely 0% in the red c data since the beginning of the year, being as they were on 14% in January's poll.

Why must you continually be so stupid? You asked for red c data, you got it, yet are utterly incapable of reading a simple graph.

Leaving aside the fact that I'm not a SF supporter, you've just highlighted your idiocy for all to see. Carry on. :)

Plebian

FG 29% (-1)
FF 25% (-1)
SF 14% (-2)
Ind 12% (+2)
Lab 6% (+1)
Sol-PBP 4% (-)
Greens 4% (+2)
Ind All 4% (+2)
Soc Dems 2% (-2)
Renua 0% (-1)

Green shoots for the centre-left? SBP/Red C poll October 21st
It's genuinely hard to know. The best indicator of how they are likely to do is how well FG/FF/SF are doing. If those three combined are rising on 2016 figures then there's likely to be nothing extra left over for what you call the 'centre-left". Even a collapse in support for the Gene-pool Inds would be of no particular use to the "centre-left" because they tend to be strongest in areas without much gene-pool representation.

bokuden

The real story is the utter inability of fffg to grow their support despite being in government/ replacing the leader/ wall to wall fawning media coverage and publicity for varadkar and constant attacks on sf.

Uganda

SF are down precisely 0% in the red c data since the beginning of the year, being as they were on 14% in January's poll.

Why must you continually be so stupid? You asked for red c data, you got it, yet are utterly incapable of reading a simple graph.

Leaving aside the fact that I'm not a SF supporter, you've just highlighted your idiocy for all to see. Carry on. :)
You were obviously mitching when the the teacher was teaching sums at school. Otherwise you wouldn't have accepted without question the pap given to you by the falls road to post here.

Let me explain it ( Although I appreciate it may be hard for you to grasp).

Last March SF were at 20%. Now they are at 14%.

That means they are down 6%. ( you take 4 from nought. You can't so you borrow 1 and take 4 from 10, leaving 6. You pay back the 1 so 1 from 1 leaves nothing. So the answer is 6)

Then, 6 is 30% of 20. ( if you don't understand percentages give me a shout, and I'll explain them).

So they have lost 30% of their support from March.

Geddit?

It's clear your handler in falls road doesn't.

hollandia

You were obviously mitching when the the teacher was teaching sums at school. Otherwise you wouldn't have accepted without question the pap given to you by the falls road to post here.

Let me explain it ( Although I appreciate it may be hard for you to grasp).

Last March SF were at 20%. Now they are at 14%.

That means they are down 6%. ( you take 4 from nought. You can't so you borrow 1 and take 4 from 10, leaving 6. You pay back the 1 so 1 from 1 leaves nothing. So the answer is 6)

Then, 6 is 30% of 20. ( if you don't understand percentages give me a shout, and I'll explain them).

So they have lost 30% of their support from March.

Geddit?

It's clear your handler in falls road doesn't.
Let me explain this - March is not the beginning of the year. Next. I know you struggle with facts. They were indeed on 20%, however they were on 14 in the poll before that - y'know, the one at the start of the year. So they gained 6% in four weeks by your reckoning, and lost it over six months. I know you struggle with facts, but them's the facts.

Edit - I see you actually said "in a year", not the beginning of the year. Therefore we're both wrong - SF were on 13% in the equivalent Red C poll a year ago.

They've actually gone up in a year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Irish_general_election

http://www.thejournal.ie/poll-aaapbp-3054477-Oct2016/

Meanwhile, support for both Sinn Féin and Labour has dropped two points to 13% and 5% respectively.
http://redcresearch.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/SBP-30th-Oct-2016-Poll-Report-GE16.pdf

Do you want to try that again without resorting to ad hominem, or do you just want to stick to the facts as demonstrated here?

Last edited:

Uganda

Let me explain this - March is not the beginning of the year. Next. I know you struggle with facts. They were indeed on 20%, however they were on 14 in the poll before that - y'know, the one at the start of the year. So they gained 6% in four weeks by your reckoning, and lost it over six months. I know you struggle with facts, but them's the facts.
Down 30% since March.

Onward and upwards for shinners.

edwin

The real story is the utter inability of fffg to grow their support despite being in government/ replacing the leader/ wall to wall fawning media coverage and publicity for varadkar and constant attacks on sf.
Of course it is.....(snigger)

Uganda

Up since this time last year. You may be right.

Erm, no, they're not, in the red c polls.

You should really read the posts they give you before you post them here. They making a right eeejit out of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies