Greens are "well and truly" in election mode - letter from Eamon Ryan's office

civilservant

Sent: Wed, 24 November, 2010 15:53:19
Subject: Canvassing Tomorrow (Thursday)

Hi everyone

We're hoping to get out on the doors canvassing tomorrow evening for a short while. The weather is expected to be cold but calm. We're planning to meet at 6:30 in the Constituency Office. With Monday's announcement we are well and truly in election mode, and despite the difficulty of the task at hand in Government we do have a little breathing space to help conduct a better, more thorough campaign.

Would greatly appreciate it if you could come back to me to let me know if you can make it tomorrow. We have well-thought out counterpoints and lines covering all the major events of the past fortnight, and as usual we have all the equipment you need.

Many thanks
It is particularly comforting to know that the Greens have "well thought-out counterpoints and lines covering all the major events of the past fortnight.."

Asparagus

It is particularly comforting to know that the Greens have "well thought-out counterpoints and lines covering all the major events of the past fortnight.."
I can't wait for a green canvasser to call

Cato

Cato

Ah Well

It would give one a small measure of satisfaction to hit the "Report Spam" button if that came in

As the saying goes "Out of Sight - Out of Mind"

Just like the Greens in the not so distant future as regards National Politics

Newffowner

If this plank calls to your door, ask himj about corruption in the CER, you won't see him for dust

Hewson

My wife and I are really looking forward to welcoming our Green friends to the door. I'll be particularly happy to greet these warm, cuddly, ozone-repleting animal lovers with hot cocoa and cream crackers. We have a lot to learn from them, make no mistake, and we should listen carefully to their story, ask relevant questions and seek advice about everything from environmental matters to achieving world peace and political stability. It's been a long road, these past three years and they are where they are now thanks to people like me who never lost the faith.

I've always loved Martians.

But Gormley can f**k off.

Berty

Yes, we are the same. I would welcome any canvassers to the door of our house (while we still have a house). We would especially welcome FF and the Greens.

stripey cat

Human shield is a military and political term describing the deliberate placement of civilians in or around combat targets to deter an enemy from attacking those targets. It may also refer to the use of civilians to literally shield combatants during attacks, by forcing the civilians to march in front of the soldiers. This is done in the hope that the other party will be reluctant to attack them.
Using this technique increases the civilian casualty rate and is illegal by any nation that is party to the Fourth Geneva Convention.

GreenIsGood

We have well-thought out counterpoints and lines covering all the major events of the past fortnight, and as usual we have all the equipment you need.
Thanks Eamon! Sounds like the people also have all the equipment that they will need. They are sharpening it at the moment.

Cato

Daragh McDowell

As a constituent of Eamon Ryan's, I'd like to take this opportunity to express my warmest thanks for this early Christmas gift.

Hewson

Funny posts on this subject, but to be serious for a moment. I had decided not to vote for the Greens because they've been propping up a morally-bankrupt government for three years in the face of public disgust and anger. I've now decided that I'm not voting for the Greens because they pulled the plug on same government. Wrong time, wrong reasons and, really, the baby with the teddy bear at the news conference was just too much. As for the child on his lap . . .

rash mulligan

Don,t open open the door.
Just let them bask in all that Global Warming
goin on outside.

stripey cat

It's weird that they couldn't muster a single team to canvass Donegal SW or a candidate to stand. So much for "election mode"...

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
A smug-looking Green pushed ahead of me in the bar in Buswells without so much as a by-your-leave last night.

Another reason to hope they're hammered.

P.

Godot

Website
www.anarkismo.net
Any chance someone could go along and then post up the spin points the Greens have prepared

B

Boggle

Don,t open open the door.
Just let them bask in all that Global Warming
goin on outside.
No - open the door, bring them in, give them a cup of tea and spend the next hour giving out to them.
Demoralise them while at the same time limiting the amount of houses they can get too.

Alternatively, hound them from your door and make sure they make it to the door of someone who couldn't afford christmas presents for his kids and laugh as the ******************************s are promptly hospitalised...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies