• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

Ah Well

Boyle, listen to the opening Lyrics, take heed and follow

The time for the numpty Greens, who could have made such a difference is over. Now our country is destroyed and your Party by being in Gov with FF are complicit in that occurrence.

Get out of our sight, do the decent thing and just fup off permanently

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Tiz6INF7I]YouTube - Hit the road Jack![/ame]

Odyessus

It's an absolute political stunt from the master of stunts. What occurred, in the great extent, was already a criminal offense, as others have suggested. That not an offence can be put down to pure stupidity, which you could not criminalise, as the term is too vague. King v. Ireland refers. Additionally, it is unconstitutional to introduce retrospective legislation. He must think the electorate stupid not to see through his bull.

I largely agree with what you say, but I am puzzled by this bit:

What occurred, in the great extent, was already a criminal offense, as others have suggested.
This is all extremely vague. I certainly know of no criminal offence that was commited, much less what individual was responsible. If you have such information, I urge you to get in touch with the Gardai.

H

Fair play to Dan - This needed done 2 years ago

Laws needed changed when problems were identified in 2008.
So when the Green Scumm party members are hung for treason for aiding and abetting the FFers and PD by their wholesome and full of probity votes of confidence what should we do with the other quisling in the Senate, long prison sentences?

Twins divided at birth

A loathsome infection that needs to be squished

SENATOR DAN BOYLE

A boil on the arse of politics

Gemlarkin

No criminal law can be respectively applied

No criminal law can be respectively applied. This is playing to the Gallery

I suppose they just want to be on the safe side in case we make a recovery and some one does the same again in the future.

Berty

We could make is a civil law with really large penalties.

Anyhow even so, the law would never be passed OR the guilty could be skewered on that spire on O'Connell street, which might make a useless thing useful.

Breadan O'Connor

Green Party Senator Dan Boyle has announced today that he will be proposing a Seanad Private Members Bill into the Seanad to define the crime of "financial treason". The Greens say the new laws are needed to prosecute white collar crime and fraud.
So is he proposing to ban fractional reserve banking?

Fractional reserve banking is the biggest fraud of all!

Truth1

Green Party Senator Dan Boyle has announced today that he will be proposing a Seanad Private Members Bill into the Seanad to define the crime of "financial treason". The Greens say the new laws are needed to prosecute white collar crime and fraud.
Has Dan Boyle lost all sense of reality and the law? One cannot make past deeds criminal if they were not criminal at the time. Enforce the laws that existed- God knows there were quite a few and many by reason of the EU thankfully - see DETE website:- Regulations entitled the "Market Abuse (Directive 2003/6/EC) Regulations 2005", (S.I. No. 342) came into effect on 6 July, 2005. These Regulations are intended to give effect to Directive 2003/6/EC of 28 January 2003 on insider dealing and market manipulation (market abuse) and the implementing Directives, 2003/124/EC, 2003/125/EC, 2004/72/EC.
The Directive is based on the principles of transparency and equal treatment of market participants. It aims to reinforce protection against insider dealing and market manipulation by building one set of rules for all the EU's financial markets, thus reducing potential inconsistencies, confusion and loopholes. It would heighten investor protection and make European financial markets more attractive." Get on with prosecutions and don't pander in your last few weeks of the limelight Dan!

dent

I'm looking forward to seeing Dan on the dole....or should that be Boyle on the doyle ?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom