Green's NEC chair resigns from party

stripey cat

I think the interest rate we have to pay is too high and I believe borrowing that much money and transferring it straight to the banks without bondholders not having to follow the rules of the game, is untenable."
I think I know what he is trying to say.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
A very talented operator, a great public speaker and a good bloke.
I'm very sad to see this, though I suppose it's yet another wake-up call.

Holy Cow

Squire Allworthy

I'm very sad to see this, though I suppose it's yet another wake-up call.

But this is following on from a whole string of resignations of similar people and I am told the problem goes back to long before the last general election.

What is the underlying reason? That is what needs to be addressed as this resignation is a symptom.

OceanFrog

Agreed.

But ..... many would say too little too late. He should have done a lot more much sooner than this. He's now tainted by this administration and difficult to see how he'll have much of a future in politics over the next 10 yesrs.

Thats a pity, but systematic of the genuine damage the Green PP have done to Green politics in Ireland. This guy could have been a political star ... not now.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
Agreed.

But ..... many would say too little too late. He should have done a lot more much sooner than this. He's now tainted by this administration and difficult to see how he'll have much of a future in politics over the next 10 yesrs.

Thats a pity, but systematic of the genuine damage the Green PP have done to Green politics in Ireland. This guy could have been a political star ... not now.
Symptomatic?

He's young yet. I'd say you haven't heard the last of him.
I hope the Green movement will come back together after the election, when we are in opposition and certain people have vanished off the scene.
Whatever about now, in the future there will be no point in having a fragmented green movement. The issues are too important.

Prof Honeydew

Never heard of the guy. Never knew such a post existed.

A tragic setback for nonentities.

Newffowner

Speaking from experience, the party leadership doesn't tolerate dissent, disagree with the twats and you are gone.

Ironical he would have voted on the motion to expell me, when I tried to raise issues on the way the leadership was taking the party.

Maybe he finally realised what the problem really is, a bunch of south side wannabe tossers.

Mitsui2

He may be a wonderful guy, I don't know. But in the public eye he'll just be one more rat deserting the sinking ship.

Squire Allworthy

Speaking from experience, the party leadership doesn't tolerate dissent, disagree with the twats and you are gone.

Maybe he finally realised what the problem really is, a bunch of south side wannabe tossers.

That is basically what I keep hearing and it would appear has been the way for a very long time!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies