Greens prepared to hold on a little longer??

Radix

How long does someone have to be a junior minister before the pension entitlements kick in, i actually see FF trying to hang on till 2012. There is only one way we are going to have an election and that is when the green minister actually resign their office.

The FF minister will give the greens one piece of legislation every quarter.
The government will play it out until the end. GP's are negotiating the next government. Their card is very simple. 'Future Government, give us Green allocation as we're a European wide party, or else wait until....until'!

There will be no General Election until Enda and Eamon promise to play the green card. Waffle by James Reilly about 'yellow' cards are not helping the prospects of an early GE!

Greens are not stupid. When you have power, you hold onto it!

Unless of course, you get a better offer!

This government could still be here in twelve months if people like Jimmy Reilly don't embrace 'realpolitik'.

Fact!

theghost

The gormless one is just showing how small a pair he has. No bottle for the big occasion.

I really hope one of their canvassers calls here just so i can set the dog on them.

Only a little King charles spanial so they might get drowned in licks.;)
Was thinking of doing the same but decided a better plan would be to give them 60 seconds to leave my property or they'll be on the receiving end of the contents of a large jug of water :)

Fed Up

yellow water? the same type you make yellow snow with?

Chrisco

I think that what is going to happen is the Greens will pull out of Government after the Finance Act, but Fianna Fail will still produce one or two of their bits of legislation to keep them hanging around, and daring the Opposition to table a no confidence motion that might be lost.

I'm beginning to think we'll have an election called after the Easter recess. :(

Radix

I think that what is going to happen is the Greens will pull out of Government after the Finance Act, but Fianna Fail will still produce one or two of their bits of legislation to keep them hanging around, and daring the Opposition to table a no confidence motion that might be lost.

I'm beginning to think we'll have an election called after the Easter recess. :(

Mark my words.

There will only be an election when the would be government does a deal with the greens to share power with them in a new government!

TonyBird

Poor greens .Some noble aims . If only they had a clue . Alas ,Healy Rae got more out of FF than they did . How pathetic. Ah well , if anyone is suited to the 'wilderness' , its the greens .

Freedom front

Its a Bizarre, Crazy place this Green Planet

We are Taxing average families more , Cutting the Widows pension, Reducing Dole benefits, slashing minimum wages

Whilst on the other hand, we are giving bankers bonuses, Protecting Public Sector pay & conditions, still have the highest paid politicians in the world - You could write a book on todays Ireland , but would it be a Fiction or a Horror book , suppose it depends on who you are !!!

Crazy place the Greens have helped create - they should be Ashamed

Disillusioned democrat

Eamonn Ryan - another of those fine people who put the "n" into Cuts.

To think this logic will fool voters is to assume all voters are stupid. Eamonn Ryan, to my mind, has been the biggest single disappointment in the Green party, and now he's effectively p1ssing on voters telling then, no doubt in his condecending "you probably don't understand" voice/face that the innocent Greens can't dictate when there will be an election.

FFS Eamonn, go figure it out....Greens walk, theres an election....simples.

Hewson

To think this logic will fool voters is to assume all voters are stupid. Eamonn Ryan, to my mind, has been the biggest single disappointment in the Green party, and now he's effectively p1ssing on voters telling then, no doubt in his condecending "you probably don't understand" voice/face that the innocent Greens can't dictate when there will be an election.

It's no longer possible, or sensible, to take anything the Greens say seriously. I voted for them in 07 because they seemed like the cleanest on offer, had decent environmental policies and looked like they might even go some way to cleaning up politics.

Then Fianna Fáil happened.

And that tie-up was their kiss of death. In government they've gone from being merely disappointing to dishonest, immature, illogical, inconsistent and, in Ryan and Gogarty's case, just plain stupid.

They can blather on about the upcoming election and push it back to next November if that's what they want. They can itemise their achievements in office. They can tell us the planet is dead without their political input.

As far as I'm concerned they're an extinct political species and whatever replaces them can only be an improvement.

Socratus O' Pericles

I agree with you. He seemed on first glance to be intelligent,principled,empathic and have a grasp on complexity.

He was part of a Government that was the antithesis of all these things. And that supercilious voice/face you describe should be enough to see his political career teminated. Oh and that interview with Miriam O'Callaghan on the radio (Miriam's interviews tend to be "let the middle classes air their p concerns and struggles and tell how they emerged triumphant and passed the next level in the piano exams!!)

Squib

Could the grubby Greens be holding out for higher pensions?

Would their pension entitlements be higher if they stay in government until March or April?

Hewson

This is incredible stuff, even allowing for the political naivety of the Green TDs.

"We believe it is time to fix a date for a General Election in the second half of January 2011," he said.

But in a sign of disarray, Green chairman Dan Boyle said yesterday that Mr Gormley only said a date for the election would have to announced by the end of January.

He said he wanted to "put to bed" the belief the General Election would be held in January.

This is a perfect example of the Greens' inability to think things through before opening the hot air valve beneath their noses. They just end up making roaring jackasses and liars of themselves and each other.

Even at this low point in their existence they should try to salvage a shred of self-respect and walk out of the strait jacket they've tied themselves into.

Utterly pathetic.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies