Greens welcome "bullet train" morning service from Galway - which started last month

SKELLY

not to mention they allowed dublin bus and bus eireann to increase fairs on city buses.

Asparagus

But I don't think anyone wants to hear good news these days.
Let me summarise the good news:

The deeply unpopular (19/20 people rejected him in 2007) Galway West electoral failure niallobrolchain thinks a very slow "express" train from his constituency to Dublin is good.

alonso

The Green Party in government has given us more roads. .
While I agree that Brolchain seems to b devoid of cop-on when referring to this as a "bullet train", can you please expand on the above. What roads schemes have been proposed or championed by the Green Party since 2007? I know a lot of roads have been opened in the last 3 years but they were well advanced pre-2007.

In relation to transport in general, we have seen Smarter Travel, the establishment of a National Transport Authority with an associated total overhaul of public transport regulation, the extension of Luas, the reorientation of the ancient Dublin Bus networks, with Real time info currently being rolled out. If they protect investment in Metro North and Dart Underground, while at the same time we have stopped building new roads, they will have been in power while transport has been turned around to promote sustainable modes over the car.

I know Dempsey has been Minister but if you're gonna blame the Greens for Fianna Fail's motorway programme, at least acknowledge the other improvements elsewhere

G

Gimpanzee

The deeply unpopular (19/20 people rejected him in 2007) Galway West electoral failure niallobrolchain thinks a very slow "express" train from his constituency to Dublin is good.
by that warped logic a very high number of our TD's were 'rejected' by over 9 out of 10 of the electorate. And no one barring George Lee was rejected by anything other than a majority in any election in recent years.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com

Ok I'm having nothing more to do with this thread when people come out with the kind of numerical gob$hitery quoted above.

I really should stop arguing with gob$hites, I could end up catching it.
And yeah there are some "good" comebacks to that one, but away you go, I won't be reading them.

eyeSpy

And you can get there with absolutely no stops and much cheaper with City Link, WITH Wi-Fi and a loo thats not filthy, AND in the same time.
and it gets you closer to the city centre, aaaaaand it's only a tenner one way.
and the timetable of trains from Galway in the evening is inconvenient.
i actually had a return ticket on the train but decided to bin it and got the bus back.

bullet, me arse.
if Irish Rail is bullet Aer Arann must be warp factor 9.
and my granny is a sprinter.

alonso

Funny, 6 out of 10 rejected FF in 2007 too. Weird how PR works. Dumbest post on a thread that has descended into idiocy

SKELLY

oh and not to mention putting all our eggs in one basket in relation to rolling out coutrywide charge points for electric cars.
A technology that is completly unproven.
hydrogen cars could possibly become the standard, and we already have the infastructure already in place, petrol stations have been easily modified in america to accomodate trials of hydrogen fuel cells.

wee slabber

clutching and straws are two words that come to mind.

Asparagus

by that warped logic a very high number of our TD's were 'rejected' by over 9 out of 10 of the electorate. And no one barring George Lee was rejected by anything other than a majority in any election in recent years.
How many "popular" TDs are there right now?

I think 5% of FP is pretty poor - typically a successful politician would get 10-18%
So i contend that niall is deeply unpopular in his constituency.

eyeSpy

oh and not to mention putting all our eggs in one basket in relation to rolling out coutrywide charge points for electric cars.
A technology that is completly unproven.
hydrogen cars could possibly become the standard, and we already have the infastructure already in place, petrol stations have been easily modified in america to accomodate trials of hydrogen fuel cells.
hydrogen for haulage and only because electric isn't suitable.
the future is electric for cars. that is a certainty.
don't believe me?
fine,
but ask Toyota, Honda, VW, Nissan, Renault, BMW, Merc, Ford and each of the manufacturers investing over 1billion dollars each in electric R&D.

SKELLY

O brooccali was rejected twice by the people of galway, at the locals and at the national elections.

Asparagus

Funny, 6 out of 10 rejected FF in 2007 too. Weird how PR works. Dumbest post on a thread that has descended into idiocy
Ok how would you describe him

Popular Galway west electoral non success amassing a massive 1 vote out every 20 available?

My point being - why do we give a crap about what politicians, who have been resoundingly rejected by their constituients, haveto say.

He is a non entity....

SKELLY

don't believe me?
fine,
but ask Toyota, Honda, VW, Nissan, Renault, BMW, Merc, Ford and each of the manufacturers investing over 1billion dollars each in electric R&D.
1 billion dollars is but window dressing in comparison to the money involved in the motor industry.

electric and hydrogen are stil unproven.

My point is to lump us all in with electric, as the greens have done is idiocy.

But its to be expected from these clowns.

Goldencircle

Great, a bus out of Galway after half eight in the evening and we're away. Cheers Niall

alonso

Ok how would you describe him

Popular Galway west electoral non success amassing a massive 1 vote out every 20 available?

My point being - why do we give a crap about what politicians, who have been resoundingly rejected by their constituients, haveto say.

He is a non entity....
Senator would be one way of describing him. Like it or not. He may not be the brightest around but he is a Senator.

Claner

am falling around my office here in Luxembourg, told a few of the colleagues and they don't find it funny...the train that averages at 94kph or the fool who called it a bullet train.

The French guy next to me said we should strike!

eyeSpy

1 billion dollars is but window dressing in comparison to the money involved in the motor industry.

electric and hydrogen are stil unproven.

My point is to lump us all in with electric, as the greens have done is idiocy.

But its to be expected from these clowns.
ok, but we have 2020 EU binding targets for renewable energy in transport which we have no hope of meeting with biofuels so electric vehicles powered with a large portion of renewable electricity is our only hope.

we will always need alternatives but we can easily satisfy 80% of our journeys (80% are less than 100km) with existing technology and even more so with new plug-in hybrid.
price just needs to some down, and it will.
I'm not saying 80% of cars will be elec. by 2020 but could see a few hundred thousand on the road.

I met a guy last week in Dundalk who drove from Cork in his electric vehicle non-stop.
and after a days work (with the car on charge) he was driving back non-stop.
He was an early adopter and the car was far from cheap, but the fuel cost him very little.
in fact he stole it for nothing from where he was charging it because any socket will do!

eyeSpy

am falling around my office here in Luxembourg, told a few of the colleagues and they don't find it funny...the train that averages at 94kph or the fool who called it a bullet train.

The French guy next to me said we should strike!
it is unpatriotic to be spreading this kind of stuff around you know?
you're talking down the conomy.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom