Greens welcome "bullet train" morning service from Galway - which started last month

bokuden

Why does Asparagus give a crap about Broccoli?
Beats me?
From one non entity to another, hope it keeps fine for you.
This is a good service though and I was campaigning for it long before I became a non entity. Glad it's finally arrived.
The "bullet train" is a joke. Your party is an utter joke. Give the people of Ireland a voice in their future of this country and stop being cowards.

westpier2

'as someone who makes regular trips to Dublin from Galway, I no longer even consider the train, the direct bus services of which there are two, leave for Dublin regularly all day long, sometimes every half hour and take you to O'Connell Street in 2 hours thirty minutes or less, in great comfort with free wi-fi available.
BTW They only charge 10euro each way, either bookable in advance or paid as you board the bus.
The same service is available on the return journey...'til the early hours of the morning.

That's what I call service!

Good Infrastructure which genuinely speaks for itself is wonderful in that it facilitates all manner of innovation.

Telling is that we have a 'bullet train'.....seems a little vacuous

gombeennation

[/QUOTE]
In relation to transport in general,

we have seen Smarter Travel,
please expand on this - this sounds like our legendry smart economy.
what exactly do u mean?

the establishment of a National Transport Authority
in fairness this was a major breakthrough. getting an authority established in ireland is probably the greatest leap forward in the last 6 generation.
Ireland is notorious as one of the most difficult places on earth to set up commitee , authorities and other quangos - hats off for accomplishing this mammoth task - truly unprecendented.

with an associated total overhaul of public transport regulation, the extension of Luas,
new regulations? wow you have trumped setting up an authority - fair play to yous .... introducing regulations .... nice work fellas.

extension of luas? what exactly are you talking about here?

the reorientation of the ancient Dublin Bus networks,
examples please?

with Real time info currently being rolled out.
work in progress no doubt - greens have only been there for 3 years. but yeah its being rolled out .... :roll:

If they protect investment in Metro North and Dart Underground, while at the same time we have stopped building new roads,
if ..... :lol: if ..... no futher comment neccesary
they will have been in power while transport has been turned around to promote sustainable modes over the car.
you mean with bullet trains that are slower than buses?
and that means cars are faster again.

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
In fairness to Irish Rail they have trains leaving Galway 6.35 a.m. and another leaving Westport 5.15 a.m. both ( or combinded at Athlone ) getting into Dublin approx 8.50 a.m. this is a good facility, giving options to those who prefer to use train rather than risk the roads.
They actually have their first train leaving Galway at 05:05 on weekday mornings. The 6.35 was previously the 6.05 and then the 6.15.

Also, interesting to note the Sunday Business Post's back page has a piece on the "bullet train", broadly similar to this OP.

jmcc

So "senator" NOB is happy that Irish Rail laid on a special train (bullet of course) for him so that he could get to his unelected job in the Seanad and sponge off the public purse? Is he happy that he can now get to Dublin from Galway to represent his electorate (FF)?

Regards...jmcc

alonso

gombeennation said:
please expand on this - this sounds like our legendry smart economy.
what exactly do u mean?
Government Transport policy. SmarterTravel | A Transport Policy for Ireland | National Sustainable Transport Office

Google broke?

in fairness this was a major breakthrough. getting an authority established in ireland is probably the greatest leap forward in the last 6 generation.
Ireland is notorious as one of the most difficult places on earth to set up commitee , authorities and other quangos - hats off for accomplishing this mammoth task - truly unprecendented.
It actually will merge about 5 authorities over time with major new powers to control transport services. Do some fcking reearch before blasting ar5e all over P.ie.

new regulations? wow you have trumped setting up an authority - fair play to yous .... introducing regulations .... nice work fellas.
So we should just leave Dublin commuters being served by 80 year old sytems? Again, do some research on the matter

extension of luas? what exactly are you talking about here?
I'm talking about the extension of Luas. Have you read a newspaper? Cherrywood., City West (soon) and the O2 extension have all opened.

examples please?
Google it Network Direct - Dublin Bus

work in progress no doubt - greens have only been there for 3 years. but yeah its being rolled out .... :roll:
Yeh, launching this year. Would you rather no work? By the way the transport miniter is an FFer

if ..... :lol: if ..... no futher comment neccesary
Great debate there pal. You have all the eloquence and gravitas of an ape

you mean with bullet trains that are slower than buses?
and that means cars are faster again.
Oh do give over and read my other posts you fool

gombeennation

i did do a google and i did find that page. however this seems like more hot are .... even the title suggests its a policy - ie nothing solid actually happening.... that why i asked you what did you mean. i couldnt believe i was on the right page if this is all you got to back it up.
if you are happy to have a policy down as a major initiative then fair play you are backing the right party. waffle waffle waffle.

It actually will merge about 5 authorities over time with major new powers to control transport services. Do some fcking reearch before blasting ar5e all over P.ie.
"will" , "over time" - the calling card of a ne'er be good. well done. you presented this as something which has been done - now you revert to what "will happen over time". patheticly unsuprising.

So we should just leave Dublin commuters being served by 80 year old sytems? Again, do some research on the matter
no , how about dont use an 80 year old system - how about keeping on top of things so we dont need a fan fare anytime you decide to try keep the system up to speed.

Cherrywood., City West (soon) and the O2 extension have all opened.
"soon" - as in , its not down - shall we put that in the "to do" list then?
02 extension ....:lol:
remind me of the length of that extension - along with the cost?
there are longer tracks on the kids train in the zoo.

"Over the coming months a range of changes to"

im sensing a pattern here....

Yeh, launching this year. Would you rather no work? By the way the transport miniter is an FFer
no , i would rather it up an running before people of low expectation like yourself get down on their knees praising it.
pathetic low expectations is what this kip is all about.

Great debate there pal. You have all the eloquence and gravitas of an ape
you said "If" and then went on about the metro- the metro wont be built.
get over it. to use the potential of a mass transit system that isnt built yet to back up your point makes you look a little green.

how about this for a plan - how about you list all the things that have been fully implemented - and crow about them instead.

no , "in the future" , no "ifs" no "buts" , just list the fking things that have been implemented.
and no , setting up another quango does not fall into that category.

greengoose2

Lads, debate is great, name calling is not. Bit of maturity here would go a very long way.
Whilst agreeing with your sentiment I have to admit that the crass stupidity and blatant trolling of some of our resident apologists would bring on a dose of Tourette's.

The country has been brought to its knees and instead of admitting the fact we have the usual suspects trolling and derailing. :rolleyes: That makes debate difficult.

sondagefaux

Irish Rail is now facing a big problem because the pace of investment in the infrastructure for private transport (motorways) has dwarfed that put into public transport
Breaking News: buses (public transport) are able to use motorways!

Tigris Celtica

Calling it a "Bullet Train" when it takes two and a half hours to reach Dublin is " a bit Irish " - How sad that expression is back with a vengence thanks to Aherne, Clowen, Lensahand and the other Zanu FF traitors...:mad:

alonso

i did do a google and i did find that page. however this seems like more hot are .... even the title suggests its a policy - ie nothing solid actually happening.... that why i asked you what did you mean. i couldnt believe i was on the right page if this is all you got to back it up.
if you are happy to have a policy down as a major initiative then fair play you are backing the right party. waffle waffle waffle.
It is a policy and stuff is happening on the ground such as all the Luas extensions, Metro Norht, Dart Undeground, Pace rail etc

"will" , "over time" - the calling card of a ne'er be good. well done. you presented this as something which has been done - now you revert to what "will happen over time". patheticly unsuprising.
The DTO has been abolished and many powers have been either created, to regulate buses and trains for the first time ever, or transferred.

no , how about dont use an 80 year old system - how about keeping on top of things so we dont need a fan fare anytime you decide to try keep the system up to speed.
There was no fanfare over this at all. Very few people actually are aware of the changes.

"soon" - as in , its not down - shall we put that in the "to do" list then?
02 extension ....:lol:
remind me of the length of that extension - along with the cost?
there are longer tracks on the kids train in the zoo.
i think Citywest opens before Christmas - it's not in the "to do" list, it's in the about to open list

"Over the coming months a range of changes to"

im sensing a pattern here....
Major changes have occured on 4 of the 11 main radial QBC services in the city

no , i would rather it up an running before people of low expectation like yourself get down on their knees praising it.
pathetic low expectations is what this kip is all about.
FCk you you fcking ighnorant fck. read some of my posts on here, how fcking dare you accuse me of low expectations... any seasoned P,.ie posteer is p1ssing themselves laughing at your teenage attacks on me.

you said "If" and then went on about the metro- the metro wont be built.
get over it. to use the potential of a mass transit system that isnt built yet to back up your point makes you look a little green.
I think it should and will be built. using the potential loss of critical infrastructure to back up your ape-like attack shows you are more interested in semi-literate rants than the well being of our citizens

how about this for a plan - how about you list all the things that have been fully implemented - and crow about them instead.
I don't crow about providing infrastructure that is a necessity, but seeing as you asked:

The major inter urban motorways,
Luas from Tallaght to the Point
Luas from Cherrywood to SSG
Doubling of the DART system
Dublin Bike Scheme
HGV Ban
Dublin Port Tunnel
Cork to Midleton Rail
Pace Railway
(some would see the WRC as a successful thing but I wouldn't)

Nowhere fcking near enough has been done and FF are absolutely to blame for strangling Dublin in terms of transport, but I recognise what little progress, relatively, that there has been

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
Alonso, this is the second time I have to comment in this thread asking you to moderate your language, if you're not able to do so, action will be taken.

alonso

Sorry DC but when someone calls me "pathetic" with "low expectations" he or she will get a reaction. I'm around here long enough and have contributed enough quality to this board to be given a certain leeway when debating with such contributors whose only devices are sarcasm and smilies.

Anyway I apologise and will keep it clean from here on in.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom