• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Greeting da Ladies.

Calculusmadeeasy

Just watched Francis Ford Coppola's, Bram Stokers Dracula t'nite on the telly box. Hadn't seen it in yonks. A fantastic movie. One thing that struck me about it was that when male characters were introduced to the ladies, rather than exchange handshakes, they'd kiss the wimmen's hands, which appeared to be a show of deference to the "fairer sex". Nowadays of course we don't do that; we all shake hands, coz the wimmens is equalist n' all of that malarkey innit?

Personally, I hate shaking women's hands. There's something wrong with it. I don't know what it is; it's ineffable. Perhaps, it's a bit like hugging a bloke. You know it's creepy, but you just do it to conform with the rest of the sentimental manginas and sheeples that want us all to share our emotions. I would much rather kiss a woman's hand, and I have done it, only to be accused of being pretentious. So, I don't bother doing it anymore.

How do you greet a lady?

che schifo

The shaking hands thing can feel a bit odd. On the other hand, they get a bit freaked out if you try to sniff their bottoms and lick their toes on first meeting. Complicated world, so it is..

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates
Just watched Francis Ford Coppola's, Bram Stokers Dracula t'nite on the telly box. Hadn't seen it in yonks. A fantastic movie. One thing that struck me about it was that when male characters were introduced to the ladies, rather than exchange handshakes, they'd kiss the wimmen's hands, which appeared to be a show of deference to the "fairer sex". Nowadays of course we don't do that; we all shake hands, coz the wimmens is equalist n' all of that malarkey innit?

Personally, I hate shaking women's hands. There's something wrong with it. I don't know what it is; it's ineffable. Perhaps, it's a bit like hugging a bloke. You know it's creepy, but you just do it to conform with the rest of the sentimental manginas and sheeples that want us all to share our emotions. I would much rather kiss a woman's hand, and I have done it, only to be accused of being pretentious. So, I don't bother doing it anymore.

How do you greet a lady?
Listen Buster, you may shake a lady's hand, if and only if she extends her hand to you to do so.
Otherwise you are taking liberties.
Keep your hands down by your side.

Do parents not teach children manners any more? :shock:

che schifo

Hey, Norman. What's with the sexy new avatar?? May I kiss your hand??

che schifo

Norman! Have you got a sock????

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates
So.. You are the delightful Norma? Enchanted ...
Ah here! You don't have to go overboard ... and you'd better watch it ... if stringjocks sees you using foreign words, you'll get a yellow card ... and don't come crying to me ... :D

Who's that Pretty Polly wan - is she a friend of yours?

Now she'll backtrack ... she's not supposed to know about the muppets if she only joined in Feb 2016 [before her time].
Wonder who she was before ... Tommy O'Brien maybe??? :D
One post and you already know she's a sock.

Last edited:

che schifo

Ah here! You don't have to go overboard ... and you'd better watch it ... if stringjocks sees you using foreign words, you'll get a yellow card ... and don't come crying to me ... :D

Who's that Pretty Polly wan - is she a friend of yours?

Now she'll backtrack ... she's not supposed to know about the muppets if she only joined in Feb 2016 [before her time].
Wonder who she was before ... Tommy O'Brien maybe??? :D
One post and you already know she's a sock.
I don't know who Polly Ticks is but she seems to be fairly sound. I'm not clued in enough to spot socks. A sock is a multi accounter, right? Rather than a renamed poster..

che schifo

"Out for the lads" is the preferred greeting. Except for the very elderly - in which case snatch their bags.
Good old sid. Anyway, what about this Norma?!

Mitsui2

"Out for the lads" is the preferred greeting. Except for the very elderly - in which case snatch their bags.
See, that's precisely the problem that Calc's seeking help with - he never progressed to your more sophisticated level: he's still stuck at sniffing bottoms.

Explains a lot, really.

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates
Kinda like how you named yourself after a notorious fictional serial killer, but you're really a law-abiding, sober, sane individual.

:D
Not really. Don't go overboard. It's just I had a mother who insisted on being called Mother.
Would sign her letters 'Mother', and who said 'Mother speaking' when she phoned.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies