Groarke Watch Thread

galteeman

I reckon we should keep a record of this judge. It seems like every few weeks he is involved in crazy compo awards.
Is Groarke the ringleader of the compo culture?
In the latest episode 36k goes to a kid who injured herself on a trampoline.
How can he endorse this payout and conclude it's somebody else's fault that a kid falls over while trampolining?

galteeman

galteeman

galteeman

recedite

Derri Anne Morgan said the reason she had been seen pointing on CCTV to the defective tiles was because she had been shocked to see that the hospital still had not fixed the floor on which she had fallen “in the exact same place” seven years earlier. She had sued the hospital at the time and agreed she had won significant compensation.
or in other words, she was just saying "thats the one there, if you trip on that tile they'll give you €50K"

Trampoline girl had a minor greenstick fracture which healed up 100% in no time.
I think most of us probably had a few of these in childhood years without been being aware of it. Just had a sore leg for a while.

Creche girl left scarred for life with a 15mm long scar. Yeah I think I have about 4 of those small ones. I can vaguely remember how I got 2 of them.

Gangster woman who is a serial rear-ender just unlucky.

Is this judge just extremely gullible, or is he getting a commission on each payout or something?

galteeman

There's more, lots lots more....

galteeman

recedite

There seems to be doubt about whether the child was offered a tray.
But what grandmother sends a 12 year old up to the counter to carry 2 hot drinks and a large cookie back down to the table, whiles she herself sits her lardass down on the chair and waits. If anything its child negligence.

galteeman

She should have stuck the cookie under the elbow and carried the tea in her hand:rolleyes:
How can they be negligent though! Unless they actually placed it under her elbow themselves.
Will they now have to put warning signs on all Starbucks telling people that hot tea should only be carried in the hand and not under the elbows, on top of the head or with the feet etc

recedite

Carrying a hot frappochino on top of your head could be worth another €85K.
That's another (as yet) unused loophole.
You should be charging people for your legal advice, galteeman.

galteeman

recedite

In fairness, if you leave your kid in a creche you don't expect them to come home with a broken arm. Obviously, playtime was not adequately supervised.
But €41,283 is just too much for a greenstick fracture that healed completely in a short period of time.
I'd say the parents couldn't believe their luck.
Rajath Parashurama could probably buy a hotel back in India for that kind of money.

Meanwhile, childcare becomes even less affordable in Ireland due to the high insurance costs.

galteeman

In fairness, if you leave your kid in a creche you don't expect them to come home with a broken arm. Obviously, playtime was not adequately supervised.
But €41,283 is just too much for a greenstick fracture that healed completely in a short period of time.
I'd say the parents couldn't believe their luck.
Rajath Parashurama could probably buy a hotel back in India for that kind of money.

Meanwhile, childcare becomes even less affordable in Ireland due to the high insurance costs.
Two kids collided on a slide!
Perfectly normal and almost impossible to prevent, short of standing over every kid all day long, certainly not negligence.
The parents are aholes for taking that case.
The legal eagles and judge are bigger aholes for entertaining it.
Meanwhile there aren't enough creches and creches are closing their doors.
Everybody pays the price.

galteeman

galteeman

Another crazy case from the Groarke archives.
This time Groarke calls the claimant a liar and his claims 'preposterous' yet proceeds to award him money and costs.
The lads have to get paid no matter what...........

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies