Grossly Obese Paedophile Cyril Smith dies

sandar

No, suing is not proof of anything, but not suing can be a useful way of keeping the lid on such allegations, as all good lawyers know. If you sue, you end up in the court being interrogated under oath by clever barristers who take no prsioners. So don't sue. It helps. And that nothing came out does not mean there is no substance to the allegations. Here in Britain we know all about political cover-ups for. There was Lord Boothby's gay affairs in which he attended parties organised by the Kray twins. Both the Tories and Labour colluded in keeping the lid on that one, each party for its own rather mucky motives.

The RAP report seems pretty conclusive to me, and we have yet to hear of any of those apparently quoted that their quotes were fabrications. For me the killer detail is the Lib press office statement amounting to 'all he did was smack a few bottoms'. If that's not paedophilia, I don't know what is.
perhaps you should say if thats not child abuse I odnt know what is, because what you have decribed in your post is certainly not paedophilia

J

Johnny Boy

I heard these allegations about him around thirty years ago. A work colleague had a friend in the police in Derry who learned of the allegations during a policing course held in England. His informant, a policeman based in his constituency claimed it was common knowledge, but that he was untouchable.
I often wondered about it, considering that nothing concrete ever emerged, but suspected that the allegations would surface after his death.
I'll keep an open ind though, until I see proof. I have not looked at your links yet, but I will.

sondagefaux

"Simon Danczuk, the Labour MP for Rochdale, called him "a towering figure in local politics," while Paul Rowen, the Liberal he defeated in May, said: "Cyril was an amazing ambassador for our town"." - The Guardian.

So the local MP and the local Lib Dem candidate praised him then. So much for the supposed rumours. :rolleyes:
Rochdale MP Simon Danczuk is collating claims from the public and retired police officers received over the past 24 hours about Smith's case after he said in the Commons: "Young boys were humiliated, terrified and reduced to quivering wrecks by a 29st bully imposing himself on them."

He told MPs the abuse centred on the Cambridge House hostel in Rochdale where Smith, who died in 2010, was given "a disciplinarian role".
Sir Cyril Smith police files sought by Crown Prosecution Service | UK news | guardian.co.uk

BBC News - Councillor accuses Sir Cyril Smith of physical abuse

Sir Cyril Smith sex abuse dossier seized by MI5 - Telegraph

irishpancake

"Simon Danczuk, the Labour MP for Rochdale, called him "a towering figure in local politics," while Paul Rowen, the Liberal he defeated in May, said: "Cyril was an amazing ambassador for our town"." - The Guardian.

So the local MP and the local Lib Dem candidate praised him then. So much for the supposed rumours. :rolleyes:

BTW he was obese because of a medical condition. So was William Norton, one-time leader of the Irish Labour Party. That didn't stop N. Browne, true to form, attacking him for his weight without mentioning that there was a medical cause which has a doctor he knew full well was the case.

This is neither the time nor the place for anonymous smears of someone who has just died. If you are so proud of your allegations, post your real name on the post. Don't just hide behind an avatar.

Apparently Norton was a Diabetic....

a condition which can be aggravated by over-eating, producing sugar/glucose, which the body cannot deal with, due to the fact that the pancreas no longer produces Insulin, which is used by the body to remove otherwise toxic excess glucose from the blood.

Obesity is not caused by Diabetes, rather diabetics, particularly Type 2, can actually deal with the disease by controlling the intake of food. Type 1 Diabetics take Insulin injections to replace that not produced by the pancreas.

Neither types of Diabetes cause Obesity, rather the inverse, Diabetes can be caused by excessive intake of calories, i.e. over-eating or gluttony.

So, your statement that Norton's overweight was as a result of his medical condition, i.e. Diabetes, is not true.

Of course, Noël Browne was an enigma, but he suffered at the hands of more craven and less honest Politicians and the Medical and Church Hierarchy. His work as Minister for Health in tackling the scourge of Tuberculosis in 1950's Ireland, Against the Tide, as he himself said, should never be forgotton, despite the many twists his political career took.

The results of their craven dishonesty is there for all to see now, this week, and in the unholy mess we have in this Country, where Medicine, Education and many other aspects are still controlled by Religious and Medical Hierarchy's.

What any of this has to do with the late Liberal MP Smyth/Smith?? is anyone's guess, and why you included it in this thread is frankly up to you to explain.

Last edited:

Upper Chamber

Interesting that he was also about the last Liberal/Lib Dem to support capital punishment.

borntorum

Congrats to the OPer who was quick out of the blocks on this one. Some of those who criticised him look rather foolish now.

What is it with the Lib Dems and sexual deviancy?

Auld Cynic

As a student of 1970s British politics, it is strange to think back now on how the Liberals saw Cyril coming over from Labour and joining them as a great white hope for future working class support, a seat in the north west, a real coup. He was considered part of the leadership team, but of course himself and Jeremy Thorpe may have made strange bedfellows in more ways than one looking back!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies