Grow Up Peter Shilton

Niall996

I see Peter Shilton after all these years is still refusing to meet Diego Maradona. Isn't that completely ridiculous. He's absolutely defiant that Maradona has to apologise even for him to consider a meeting. FFS! If there is anyone who needs to apologise it's the ref and the ref only. What a grumpy bitter old sod.

Shilton won

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Shilton is known (as is Maradona) to be somewhat ... eccentric.

Betson

Agree , very petty to be carrying that grudge so long.

I would be very disappointed if any Irish player was as petty towards Henry after what he done in Paris , if you don't get caught then it is not really cheating.

The hand of God goal was one of the greatest(if you are not English) and most infamous goals in the history of soccer.

The other goal he scored that day was not too shabby either.

toughbutfair

I would be very disappointed if any Irish player was as petty towards Henry after what he done in Paris , if you don't get caught then it is not really cheating.

The hand of God goal was one of the greatest(if you are not English) and most infamous goals in the history of soccer.

I still hate Henry, not for the handball but for his hypocrisy, sitting with the Irish players so sad after the game, sad the ref didn’t see his handball. Fook him.

Betson

I still hate Henry, not for the handball but for his hypocrisy, sitting with the Irish players so sad after the game, sad the ref didn’t see his handball. Fook him.
Ah come on if the likes of Richard Dunne and Robbie Keane could shake his hand afterwards and admit they would have done the same if they thought they could get away with it , then surely anyone can get over it.

I was raging that night also , but far more at the officials than at Henry. A players natural instinct is to win at all costs , Maradona and Henry showed that.

My anger towards the ref dissipated since on hearing how badly the decision effected him and how sorry he was that he got it so wrong , don't think he ever reffed since and said he will never get over it. He is only human and got a call wrong, nothing to be gained by staying angry at him.

Round tower

Ah come on if the likes of Richard Dunne and Robbie Keane could shake his hand afterwards and admit they would have done the same if they thought they could get away with it , then surely anyone can get over it.

I was raging that night also , but far more at the officials than at Henry. A players natural instinct is to win at all costs , Maradona and Henry showed that.

My anger towards the ref dissipated since on hearing how badly the decision effected him and how sorry he was that he got it so wrong , don't think he ever reffed since and said he will never get over it. He is only human and got a call wrong, nothing to be gained by staying angry at him.
What i found strange after the game showed Dunne sitting on the ground talking to Henry, if i was in Dunne place i don't think i would be forgiving staight away and would have told him to F---k off. After this long PS should be told to go to the chemist and buy a bottle of copon

Beachcomber

Yes it is cheating.

NMunsterman

I see Peter Shilton after all these years is still refusing to meet Diego Maradona. Isn't that completely ridiculous. He's absolutely defiant that Maradona has to apologise even for him to consider a meeting. FFS! If there is anyone who needs to apologise it's the ref and the ref only. What a grumpy bitter old sod.

Shilton won
Yep.

When Neil Back of Leicester illegally stole the ball out of Peter Stringer's hand as he was about to feed the ball into a scrum for Munster 5 metres from the Leicester try-line in the 2002 Heineken Cup Final, the attitude of most Munster fans was that if it had been Alan Quinlan doing the same thing, they'd have made him Mayor of Limerick :).

Does he demand that Geoff Hurst apologize to the (West) Germans for the 3rd goal that-was-not-a-goal in the World Cup Final in 1966 ?.

Peter Shilton is being ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 48908

Imagine the terrors that haunt Mr. Shilton's slumber:

Maradona picking up the ball in the England half...wading through their ramshackle effort of a defense...just walking away from Hoddle...tries the one-two to his right, only to have the return pass flick off Steve Hodge and into the air...but Diego, terrifying Diego would not yield...he would not be denied...his leap was superior to Shilton's flailing efforts...all Peter could do was look back as the ball bounced over the line into the back of his goal.

Ah...what dreams may come will forever be nightmares.

Mushroom

Yep.

When Neil Back of Leicester illegally stole the ball out of Peter Stringer's hand as he was about to feed the ball into a scrum for Munster 5 metres from the Leicester try-line in the 2002 Heineken Cup Final, the attitude of most Munster fans was that if it had been Alan Quinlan doing the same thing, they'd have made him Mayor of Limerick :).
Feeding the ball into a scrum is, of course, illegal. So Stringer would have been penalised for doing so, if Back hadn't very kindly saved him from the ignominy!

D

Deleted member 48908

Maradona picking up the ball in the England half...wading through their ramshackle effort of a defense...just walking away from Hoddle...tries the one-two to his right, only to have the return pass flick off Steve Hodge and into the air...but Diego, terrifying Diego would not yield...he would not be denied...his leap was superior to Shilton's flailing efforts...all Peter could do was look back as the ball bounced over the line into the back of his goal.

Just so we can all relive Mr. Shilton's trauma...

[video=youtube;-ccNkksrfls]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ccNkksrfls[/video]

D

Deleted member 48908

Of course, this one probably haunts him and his teammates too...

[video=youtube;jk-kXwjASEE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk-kXwjASEE[/video]

blinding

Was Hoddle playing ? Jaysus if Maradona went to the trouble of going around Hoddle and he not even playing then Maradona was extracting the Urine . Maradona was a God on the Football Field in those days mind .

Perhaps Maradona is the One True God . That explains a lot of the fook ups in this life .

Jeez , Just looked at the video and Hoddle was playing . No wonder he never played much again for England .

blinding

Of course, this one probably haunts him and his teammates too...

[video=youtube;jk-kXwjASEE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk-kXwjASEE[/video]
For all the talk of Messi and Ronaldo , Maradona in his Pomp is the best there has ever been .

D

Deleted member 48908

For all the talk of Messi and Ronaldo , Maradona in his Pomp is the best there has ever been .
He's behind Messi for me. Maradona lit up Mexico in '86 and was a hell of a talent, but that white girl took its toll on his career, shortening it somewhat.

blinding

He's behind Messi for me. Maradona lit up Mexico in '86 and was a hell of a talent, but that white girl took its toll on his career, shortening it somewhat.
Messi has done nothing for Argentina in comparison to Maradona .

New Threads