Guardian journalist quits Twitter in protest against free speech

Windowshopper

CyP is becoming more of a libertarian bro by the day. He's become quite tiresome.

Twitter can be a mess as anyone can give out to anyone about anything. If you started shouting in the street a stranger because you didn't like their politics you would be seen as a weirdo but it seems to be fair game on the internet.

The abuse some people get on the Twitter is unacceptable.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Ehr ...on this site I've always identified as libertarian/classical liberal

This lady chooses to keep herself irredeemably disgusting by stuffing her face...she flaunts that

Then she screams and shrieks that Trump voters are allowed on Twitter

She's a little bit big to be a snowflake ...but if that's her wont ...then she ought to found a commune somewhere...somehow ... I don't expect anyone would willingly join her

cyp

GDPR

This lady chooses to keep herself irredeemably disgusting by stuffing her face...she flaunts that

She's a little bit big to be a snowflake ...but if that's her wont ...then she ought to found a commune somewhere...somehow ... I don't expect anyone would willingly join her

cyp

And you think I'm buying that?

How come you know so much about her, eh, eh?

Dame_Enda

As Paul Ryan said, the Left are all for diversity except for political diversity.

ticketyboo

A Guardian journo is gone full frontal on Twitter

I’ve left Twitter. It is unusable for anyone but trolls, robots and dictators

My thoughts
(1) Fame seeking left liberal journalists loved the unthinking adulation
(2) She is fat, ugly,whiney with an over estimated view of her intelligence ("brains deep") ...and is akin to a toddler having a temper tantrum

People like her are part of the problem, not part of the solution...Free Speech neither is, nor should be, "the enemy"

Preachy liberal fascist rabble rousers like her...are rabble rousers like Trump

cyp
Aye....put up a photograph of yourself, you Katie Hopkins clone.....
Total fúcking deviant.....

ShinnerBot No.32564844524

cyp
Sorry to do this to you CyP...

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.
Unless she leads a twitter rebellion here, there is neither an event nor an idea here. So you focus on her, and her being a gobshyte makes you one too?

That's a lot of the reactionary stuff on the web in a nutshell is it not?

Windowshopper

Also despite CyP histrionics West isn't calling for state censorship of Twitter. She is calling on it to exercise some corporate responsibility or people will leave and Twitter bill become a den of cranks as this site has hecome. If a company in 'real life' tolerated such abuse of customers they would go out if business.

Mercurial

A Guardian journo is gone full frontal on Twitter

I’ve left Twitter. It is unusable for anyone but trolls, robots and dictators

My thoughts
(1) Fame seeking left liberal journalists loved the unthinking adulation
(2) She is fat, ugly,whiney with an over estimated view of her intelligence ("brains deep") ...and is akin to a toddler having a temper tantrum

People like her are part of the problem, not part of the solution...Free Speech neither is, nor should be, "the enemy"

Preachy liberal fascist rabble rousers like her...are rabble rousers like Trump

cyp
When was the last time you posted a thread about a women where you didn't criticize her appearance?

razorblade

CyP is becoming more of a libertarian bro by the day. He's become quite tiresome.

Twitter can be a mess as anyone can give out to anyone about anything. If you started shouting in the street a stranger because you didn't like their politics you would be seen as a weirdo but it seems to be fair game on the internet.

The abuse some people get on the Twitter is unacceptable.
Then dont go on twitter.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
When was the last time you posted a thread about a women where you didn't criticize her appearance?
3 of the total 20 latest threads by me have a woman as the main subject, neither of the other two criticise their appearance
http://www.politics.ie/forum/justice/253270-83-yr-old-fear-her-life-after-house-burgled-during-husbands-funeral.html
http://www.politics.ie/forum/fianna-fail/252885-fionnuala-kenny-charlie-haugheys-spindoctor-during-heaves-she-still-fianna-fail.html

But do stay digging ...you are a member of the HBAP fan club, you've admitted to wanting money from creative sources... he's ranking Fine Gael ...

cyp

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Sorry to do this to you CyP...

Unless she leads a twitter rebellion here, there is neither an event nor an idea here. So you focus on her, and her being a gobshyte makes you one too?

That's a lot of the reactionary stuff on the web in a nutshell is it not?
Herself and others of the snowflake tribe are both:
(1) Falsely claiming to be liberals,and thus damaging our brand
(2) Occupying valuable public debate bandwidth

The battle against Trump could have been won if people like her hadn't so dishonestly distorted the debate in order to get their own version of facsism adopted

cyp

Mercurial

3 of the total 20 latest threads by me have a woman as the main subject, neither of the other two criticise their appearance
http://www.politics.ie/forum/justice/253270-83-yr-old-fear-her-life-after-house-burgled-during-husbands-funeral.html
http://www.politics.ie/forum/fianna-fail/252885-fionnuala-kenny-charlie-haugheys-spindoctor-during-heaves-she-still-fianna-fail.html

But do stay digging ...you are a member of the HBAP fan club, you've admitted to wanting money from creative sources... he's ranking Fine Gael ...

cyp
One really doesn't have to dig very deeply to find examples of you attacking women on the basis of their appearance.

west'sawake

Herself and others of the snowflake tribe are both:
(1) Falsely claiming to be liberals,and thus damaging our brand
(2) Occupying valuable public debate bandwidth

The battle against Trump could have been won if people like her hadn't so dishonestly distorted the debate in order to get their own version of facsism adopted

cyp
Cyp, you remind me of that quote from one of the Marx brothers 'I don't want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member''

west'sawake

Well she got a giggle with that one. We live in an interesting era, it kind of brings back Alvin Toffler's Future shock to me:

As with Trump, normal society can be challenged by non-normal behaviour and attitudes which change the societal norm in how we deal with social issues. The rise of the alt-right largely stems from the alt-right learning 4chan's defensive stance of not letting any accusations of traditional taboo's hold sway over your trolling. To date as we deal with the future shock of seeing this seep in to real life politics, traditional politicians and parties are as yet unable to deal with the new ability to use traditional taboos that held power since the post modern society was created after WWII.

Just to provide an example of this....one of the SNP MSP's reacted in a traditional manner to a 4chan /pol/ provocation on twitter this evening:

https://twitter.com/KevinStewartSNP/status/815976692502188033

As a result of a civil reaction to an uncivil troll, Kevin Stewart gave oxygen and fuel to the troll, thus resulting in a 4chan /pol/ thread looking to add fuel to the fire. Notable is that even when he stopped replying, the twitter war carries on against bystanders unfortunately one of which was a mother of four autistic children.

It's fascinating to watch, but hard to calculate for in what happens next. The traditionally maligned radical elements of both right and left seem to have caught the wider internet up in to a maelstrom which now is leaking in to national and international politics....of note being Trump acting like a 4chan troll when really it has only been twitter to which he was exposed.

As for the OP and back to twitter...it's a bit of a shít platform so something better will likely come along. This old bot misses the internet when it was just us sentient algorithms with the human's confined to newsgroups where they belong. Perhaps it's well past time for Alt-Sentience movement...
A very impressive post. Thank you. You are a born philosopher.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies