Guardian journalist quits Twitter in protest against free speech

ShinnerBot No.32564844524

Herself and others of the snowflake tribe are both:
(1) Falsely claiming to be liberals,and thus damaging our brand
(2) Occupying valuable public debate bandwidth

The battle against Trump could have been won if people like her hadn't so dishonestly distorted the debate in order to get their own version of facsism adopted

cyp
I.E. Reactionary bullshít in which you too are occupying valuable public debate bandwidth and adding fuel to the fire. Another thing I forgot to mention earlier was how the internet has given rise to the subgenre tribes. Naturally what people found in the multiplicity of online identities they have now found in politics, you can see this in terms of the disagreement on what Brexit means given there are so many sub-schools of thought on what "people think" it should be.

And in the end, that kind of is the hilarious thing about it all, in this global society where everyone thinks they are an individual(Special snowflakes and centipedes alike) and their thoughts must matter, the bigger picture is lost.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
One really doesn't have to dig very deeply to find examples of you attacking women on the basis of their appearance.
Your suggested digging modality was exposed as a fraud ... I've taken potshots at plenty of male public figures for obesity and more. It is a HBAP canard that my focus is gendered....but you hope for money from your association with him, so you promulgate the canard

Also, the topic of this thread is a "liberal" fascist, with an unsustainable lifestyle, who wants her critics silenced

cyp

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
I.E. Reactionary bullshít in which you too are occupying valuable public debate bandwidth and adding fuel to the fire. Another thing I forgot to mention earlier was how the internet has given rise to the subgenre tribes. Naturally what people found in the multiplicity of online identities they have now found in politics, you can see this in terms of the disagreement on what Brexit means given there are so many sub-schools of thought on what "people think" it should be.

And in the end, that kind of is the hilarious thing about it all, in this global society where everyone thinks they are an individual(Special snowflakes and centipedes alike) and their thoughts must matter, the bigger picture is lost.
I do both big and little picture

This piece was placed prominently in the Guardian today ...and frankly... fascists like her...need to be denounced every bit as much as those from the other end of the spectrum

cyp

Mercurial

Your suggested digging modality was exposed as a fraud ... I've taken potshots at plenty of male public figures for obesity and more. It is a HBAP canard that my focus is gendered....but you hope for money from your association with him, so you promulgate the canard

Also, the topic of this thread is a "liberal" fascist, with an unsustainable lifestyle, who wants her critics silenced

cyp
Fair enough, though I'm not sure much turns on whether you're a misogynist or just nasty more generally.

Clanrickard

A snow ball? An avalanche?

Betson

Never heard of her but I am sure she will be a huge loss, no pun intended.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Fair enough, though I'm not sure much turns on whether you're a misogynist or just nasty more generally.
The subject of this thread is an obese abomination,who , in a socialized health system...continues to gorge herself. That is theft.

Then she has the gall to try and have her critics silenced ?

Forgive, but I will be both non/kinetically nasty to those who seek to illegitimately coerce others

cyp

talkingshop

Ok, but I did a quick search earlier for your use of "ugly" - as far as I can see when applied to a person you are criticising, it's always to a woman, not to a man. Now I'm the last person to want to ban free speech of any kind, and I'm not trying to stop you doing that, but obviously I'm also free to comment on it - why so additionally nasty to women you are criticising?

Lonewolfe

How many people write in to the newspapers to express their opinion on a given topic? How many people phone radio shows? How many people text their views to current affairs TV shows?

I would suggest that Twitter is, similarly, a minroity pursuit and real public discourse takes place, for most people, in everyday face to face situations or not at all.

Amazing how many people actually believe that Twitter trends are representative of larger societal trends.

Clanrickard

Ok, but I did a quick search earlier for your use of "ugly" - as far as I can see when applied to a person you are criticising, it's always to a woman, not to a man. Now I'm the last person to want to ban free speech of any kind, and I'm not trying to stop you doing that, but obviously I'm also free to comment on it - why so additionally nasty to women you are criticising?
You quoted his post where he referenced Reilly who is male.

jmcc

Twitter makes twit irrelevant. Twit quits Twitter in tantrum. Now if that would only work on some of the f*cktards around here. :)

Billixed

Criticise what she says by all means, but what's with all the p1ss taking re the woman's size?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Ugly for me may be a gendered word, I can certainly recall commenting in the past on the murine physiognomy of a certain senior FF male

cyp

Windowshopper

Then you shouldnt be a snowflake and just deal with it or simply block them if you are that easily offended.
Yeah because rape threats and a troll sending abuse in an account in the persona of her dead father is just something you can dismiss and ignore.

I suppose if kids don't want to be bullied they should stay at home

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies