Guardian reporting that Pat Hickey has been arrested in Rio

stanley

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ire...at-hickey-was-the-right-thing-to-do-1.3205220

"The scenario of a return (by Pat) now seems further away than ever".

Thomas Bach, Head of IOC, was due back in Rio for the Para-Olympics but dodged it as the Authorities wanted to speak with him about ticketing in the wake of Pat's arrest, Pat and Tomas are very close buddies.

Now decisions are being passed over to IOC, will Thomas continue to look after Pat, has to be said though that IOC did not put up the bail money for Pat, might that be a sign that Pat did not look after his own house as well as Heads of other National Committees and Pat has brought the IOC into disrepute.

Thomas might have been arrested in Rio.

The Field Marshal

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ire...at-hickey-was-the-right-thing-to-do-1.3205220

"The scenario of a return (by Pat) now seems further away than ever".
What is revealing is the truly tortoise like reaction of the OCI in this whole affair.

Wind the head in immediately when confronted with a problem, then proceed at snails pace to solve it.

Then when the problem is out of sight, stick the head out again and proceed as though everything is normal.

I never really had much confidence in that organisation but now I have no confidence at all.

Rodney Polo

Surely if Hicky has any decency at all he should resign and play no further part in IOC organisation ?

What did his antics cost the Irish taxpayer ..does anybody know ?

Have any of the families so unjustly deprived of Olympic Tickets the balls to sue ?

stanley

Surely if Hicky has any decency at all he should resign and play no further part in IOC organisation ?

What did his antics cost the Irish taxpayer ..does anybody know ?

Have any of the families so unjustly deprived of Olympic Tickets the balls to sue ?

Decency, are you kidding, Hickey is on a level with Angela Kerins and will be wanting someone to pick up all his bills - OCI and indirectly the Govt as they give substantial funds to them, then he will want compo, particularly if he loses the 60k per annum, Del Boy sorted for him and what if he jumps bail will The Aliyev family will they smile and move on.

stanley

Ireland plays to drinking culture in its temporary Olympic home turf - Alcohol Action Ireland

"Stephen Hickey says his involvement is everything to do with the promotions company THG Sports which he works for and nothing to do with his father.

“I ’ve lived in London for 15 years. I ’ve worked in events for 12 years. I heard about this and I said, ‘I really want do to it ’. ”

Once approval was sought, and got, from the OCI, the organisers went to Tourism Ireland looking for financial support, but it declined.

Tourism Ireland chief executive Niall Gibbons said: “We were offered three opportunities to invest: gold, silver and bronze, ranging from €50,000 to €300,000. We decided not to progress with it. ”

Looks like Pat's son Stephen likes to get his lips around the public tit.

Is he still working for THG.

They really should also investigate the tickets for London 2012.

Dadaist

That's very kind of Rio to speed up things and give Pat the chance he has been waiting for to prove his innocence.

He should bring extra PJs, just in case.

Will Del Boy go with him, for support - like.
Let's be clear, he ain't going nowhere. Scumbags like Hickey never willfully stand up and be counted. Extradition would be the only route. It was discussed here last year. I can't remember whether we have an extradition treaty with Brazil, or not. IIRC we don't.

Golden Phoenix

I note that the bail bond for Pat Hickey is 400K.

Did Pat Hickey have 400K himself or did someone else pay it?

HereWeGoAgain

Niall M Dowd‏ @zylon9 15h15 hours ago

Has Pat Hickey confirmed whether he will uphold his pledge to return to Brazil to bravely defend his good name and fight for justice?#cough

HereWeGoAgain

NAMAwinelake‏ @namawinelake 55m55 minutes ago

Will Pat Hickey be classified as extraditable fugitive if he fails to turn up for trial in Brazil in Nov. How long trial @MorningIreland

The Field Marshal

I got a shock yesterday when I thought I saw him walking around on a footpath.

stanley

THE former Olympic Council of Ireland president Pat Hickey is “looking forward” to his trial in a Brazilian court this November because he insists he will be cleared. The trial will begin in Rio de Janeiro on November 29.

Irish Indo
Pat Hickey 'looking forward' to his trial in Brazil, insists he will be cleared - Independent.ie

That's great news, Pat, we are all looking forward to you turning up.

TT 20 10 hours ago

Can we buy tickets for the trial?
Flag
1RecommendReply
Michael Doughty 7 hours ago

You'll have to go via THG

HereWeGoAgain

RTE News:

Pat Hickey resigns from IOC's international board

"Patrick Hickey has informed the IOC of his resignation as a member of the IOC Executive Board with immediate effect," an IOC spokesperson said in a statement ahead of its session in Lima this week.

"In his resignation letter, Mr Hickey emphasised that he wants to protect the IOC and to ensure that the interests of the National Olympic Committees are represented on the Executive Board.
link
https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0910/903563-hickey-ioc/

HereWeGoAgain

"Mr Patrick Hickey has informed the IOC of his resignation as a member of the IOC Executive Board 'with immediate effect'," a spokesperson told insidethegames.

"Mr Hickey had been elected by the IOC Session with a view to representing the interests of the National Olympic Committees.

"This now vacant post will be filled by election during the forthcoming IOC Session in Lima."

Hickey is not attending next week's IOC Session as he prepares for his trial in Rio de Janeiro on November 29.

insidethegames understands that Hickey and IOC President Thomas Bach met on Sunday (September 3) for the first time in a year during the International Judo Federation World Championships in Budapest.
Exclusive: Hickey resigns from IOC Executive Board

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies