Guardian reporting that Pat Hickey has been arrested in Rio

Orbit v2

Well they haven't produced the beef. That's a fact. I think the media value of the early morning, naked arrest was all they were after, deflecting attention away from domestic problems to a bunch of gringos they are never going to see again.

Scalping is hardly the greatest crime in the world and they would probably argue they stuck to the letter of the law at least, if not the spirit. Brazil is a kip that puts this country in the ha'penny place, as regards corruption at least.

stanley

Well they haven't produced the beef. That's a fact. I think the media value of the early morning, naked arrest was all they were after, deflecting attention away from domestic problems to a bunch of gringos they are never going to see again.

Scalping is hardly the greatest crime in the world and they would probably argue they stuck to the letter of the law at least, if not the spirit. Brazil is a kip that puts this country in the ha'penny place, as regards corruption at least.

Yes, it looks like Pat's mates in Azerbaijan have forfeited the bail money, Pat has already paid them back in spades through European Games held there.

Orbit v2

Yes, it looks like Pat's mates in Azerbaijan have forfeited the bail money, Pat has already paid them back in spades through European Games held there.
I don't think so. I'm not aware of any court hearing that he failed to appear at? The case was suspended afaik.

stanley

I don't think so. I'm not aware of any court hearing that he failed to appear at? The case was suspended afaik.
Case is still open but appears to be withering on the vine and bail money is being held, in other words - forfeited, Pat remains free.

stanley

"On September 3rd, judges decided to deny the claim for habeas corpus, essentially deciding to send the case back to Rio to proceed.

Mr Gomes has made submissions to block this decision. He maintains that versions of events that allegedly took place around the Olympics are incorrect".

Hickey and Mallon will be thrilled to go back to Brasil and prove their "innocence", they have waited a long time.

oleoleole

"On September 3rd, judges decided to deny the claim for habeas corpus, essentially deciding to send the case back to Rio to proceed.

Mr Gomes has made submissions to block this decision. He maintains that versions of events that allegedly took place around the Olympics are incorrect".

Hickey and Mallon will be thrilled to go back to Brasil and prove their "innocence", they have waited a long time.
I fully agree and they will be delighted to rush back. Unless of course they are not feeling very well that day or are washing their hair.

SuirView

Case is still open but appears to be withering on the vine and bail money is being held, in other words - forfeited, Pat remains free.
Interesting

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies