Gubernatorial elections 2018

owedtojoy

It means that the Republicans in Ohio and Florida will probably still control redistricting (redrawing constituency boundaries/gerrymandering) in 2020.
That will not count for a Presidential election, which is statewide.

Democrats did not pick up any seats in Ohio anyway.

Democrats will also be on the case for gerrymandering. The Roberts court or the lower judiciary cannot keep shooting down cases without looking so pro-GOP they become a joke (which they almost are already).

Dame_Enda

Florida getting closer. Its around a 0.5% gap now, which under Florida law triggers an automatic recount. Theres also uncounted Early votes and Mail in votes which could change outcome. A lot of these votes are in Broward (though not all).

[TWEET]1060545135480594432[/TWEET]

18% of votes still uncounted in Arizona largely in Maricopa county.

18 percent of votes remain uncounted in Arizona Senate race | On Air Videos | Fox News

Dame_Enda

Dems currently leading in the race for Florida Agriculture Commissioner.

Dame_Enda

The Georgia Secretary of States office thinks there are around 22000 uncounted Provisional ballots left. Apparently to to force a runoff, there would need to be 25000 uncounted votes, and that all of them would have to be for Abrams. Very unlikely.

midlander12

The Georgia Secretary of States office thinks there are around 22000 uncounted Provisional ballots left. Apparently to to force a runoff, there would need to be 25000 uncounted votes, and that all of them would have to be for Abrams. Very unlikely.
Oh yeah, that would be the office of Secretary of State Jack Kemp, who happens to be er..... Abrams' opponent in the election, and indeed the office responsible for some distinctly dubious electoral practices during the campaign.

And of course, you reproduce the quote here without an ounce of irony or criticism.

Dame_Enda

Oh yeah, that would be the office of Secretary of State Jack Kemp, who happens to be er..... Abrams' opponent in the election, and indeed the office responsible for some distinctly dubious electoral practices during the campaign.

And of course, you reproduce the quote here without an ounce of irony or criticism.
Brian Kemp. Jack Kemp is a deceased Labor Secretary under the Reagan admin. I would point out that he resigned yesterday from SoS position so its not him overseeing the election now.

midlander12

Brian Kemp. Jack Kemp is a deceased Labor Secretary under the Reagan admin. I would point out that he resigned yesterday from SoS position so its not him overseeing the election now.
OK I got the forename wrong. Big of him to resign yesterday - a little academic at this stage, and I've no doubt his replacement is 'reliable'. As regards Broward county, I have no idea what's going on, but if there are 30,000 missing votes, I would have thought they're as likely to favour Nelson as Scott.

Dame_Enda

OK I got the forename wrong. Big of him to resign yesterday - a little academic at this stage, and I've no doubt his replacement is 'reliable'. As regards Broward county, I have no idea what's going on, but if there are 30,000 missing votes, I would have thought they're as likely to favour Nelson as Scott.
Well Broward in the overall vote is around 69% for Nelson.

Betson

Dems trying to 'find' more votes to force a second round in the Georgia gubernatorial election. :laugh:

AP Politics on Twitter:
It is joke at this stage , and crazy to think the US sometimes sends people to oversee other countries elections to ensure they are fair. They could do with inviting observers from other counties to come and oversee their own elections.

Dame_Enda

Do you think Kemp deserves to win after all the voter suppression he has pulled this year?
The DOJ should probably order a civil rights investigation to see if something went wrong. However at the moment I think the problems may have been exaggerated, given that the numbers purged from the rolls seem to have been a fraction of what was suggested.

Update: DeSantis now ahead 33000. Will go to recount.

Last edited: