Gudrun Burwitz [Himmler] is Dead - Meine Ehre heißt Treue [Loyalty is My Honour] or OTT?

Catalpast

Gudrun Burwitz is Dead - Meine Ehre heißt Treue [Loyalty is My Honour] or OTT?

Gudrun Burwitz - the daughter of the Head of the Nazi SS has died at the age of 88.

She stayed true to her fathers memory and did her best to help out old Nazis who she felt were being harassed

Interestingly she worked for West German Intelligence in the 60s

- it would be fascinating to know in what role.

German spy agency acknowledges employing Himmler's daughter in the 1960s
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06/29/german-spy-agency-acknowledges-employing-himmlers-daughter-1960s/

Requiescat in pace

jmcc

Interestingly she worked for West German Intelligence in the 60s
Different times and the threat from the Warsaw Pact was real. Intelligence agencies tend to be realists rather than politically correct fools.

Dame_Enda

That so few former Nazis were tried since 1945 has been a great stain of the conscience of the West. The role of the Vatican in the "ratlines" to help spirit former Nazis to South America stands out especially the role of Alois Hudal who arranged passports for them under assumed names. However the West was more concerned with the Communist menace and saw former Nazis as potentially useful, including Rehnard Gehlen who had vast intelligence of the USSR that the Americans would have found useful. He helped draw up the Nuremberg Laws but was appointed head of what became the BND.

Ramon Mercadar

She was Guest of Honour at the 1977 Fine Gael Ard Fheis. She spoke fondly of the links between the Nazis and Fine Gael in the 1930s.

Grin and don't bear it.

She was Guest of Honour at the 1977 Fine Gael Ard Fheis. She spoke fondly of the links between the Nazis and Fine Gael in the 1930s.
Allow me to correct your typos. "1977 Sinn Fein Ard Fheis. She spoke fondly of the links between the Nazis and the IRA in the 1930s." No thanks necessary. You are welcome.

Jack Walsh

Either way, good riddance to the Nazi slag, her Nazi husband and her genocidal maniac Nazi father

Last edited:

Dearghoul

You mean the cynical cute hoorism of Cosgrave. It was the 1970s. They were all at it. It was de rigueur at the time. Check out Fianna Fail.
Are you telling me the venerable Cosgrave rose to his feet to castigate the Blow Ins and then handed over to a Nazi.

Of the first we have evidence and no doubt...

RasherHash

Different times and the threat from the Warsaw Pact was real. Intelligence agencies tend to be realists rather than politically correct fools.
And the threat from Russia caused the German rearmament prior to ww2.

Grin and don't bear it.

Are you telling me the venerable Cosgrave rose to his feet to castigate the Blow Ins and then handed over to a Nazi.

Of the first we have evidence and no doubt...
I have heard Mr Haughey called many things but Nazi is maybe just pushing the boat out a little bit too far towards the horizon.

Ramon Mercadar

Allow me to correct your typos. "1977 Sinn Fein Ard Fheis. She spoke fondly of the links between the Nazis and the IRA in the 1930s." No thanks necessary. You are welcome.
The Minister (Justice Minster P.J. Ruttledge) gave extracts from various laws on the Continent, but he carefully refrained from drawing attention to the fact that the Blackshirts were victorious in Italy and that the Hitler Shirts were victorious in Germany, as assuredly, in spite of this Bill and in spite of the Public Safety Act, the Blueshirts will be victorious in the Irish Free State.

John A. Costello (1934)

Alan Alda

I think a case could be made that Ireland has historically wavered on and flirted with fascism. We(our governments) were very 'paternalistic' in a lot of ways.
Potential minor Axis associate maybe?

New Threads

Most Replies