Guido Fawkes publishes list of German bondholders in AIB

Holy Cow

PUFF DADDY

Yep, but like his last list, mainstream media won't touch it !

PUFF DADDY

More tweets from Guido:

Aviva Investors Global Services Limited third biggest holder of AIB bonds
1 minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tweets from @guidofawkes
» guidofawkes Guido Fawkes
Pioneer Investment Management second biggest holder of AIB bonds

blanket

Can anyone with Irish media contacts explain why they won't cover Fawkes revelations? The FT had no problem mentioning his previous list.

Have mailed a few news departments over 2 weeks ago on this and got no reply.

Holy Cow

More tweets from Guido:

Aviva Investors Global Services Limited third biggest holder of AIB bonds
1 minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tweets from @guidofawkes
» guidofawkes Guido Fawkes
Pioneer Investment Management second biggest holder of AIB bonds
Pioneer Investments have a large office in the IFSC.

Holy Cow

Can anyone with Irish media contacts explain why they won't cover Fawkes revelations? The FT had no problem mentioning his previous list.

All major media outlets in Ireland are controlled by the FF fascists. The boat will not be rocked.

Libero

"Total Value €169m"

I expect German bondholders hold a lot more in AIB senior debt than that amount.

And what's with the 0% holdings? I presume those are amounts lower than 0.49% that have rounded down to zero. I suppose its possible that big institutional investors have been nibbling at AIB senior debt, only holding a couple of hundred thousand euros worth in a portfolio.

Still think the €169m total figure is pretty low.

ocoonassa

All major media outlets in Ireland are controlled by the FF fascists. The boat will not be rocked.
The consolidated media in Ireland are not controlled by FF, they're controlled by the people who control FF, and who will control whatever other government people are stupid enough to elect.

Boy M5

Of course some of those bondholders are institutions that currently hold our sovereign debt & we need to issue bonds to in the future.....

CookieMonster

I believe one very well known Irish newspaper obtained a copy of the Anglo bondholder documents, after they were published online, but never published it.

tempest

Several economists and commentators have hinted at the papers sitting on various big stories and not acting. What are they afraid of, the people are crying out for the truth and only story our media will break are blatant government leaks and kites, RTE seem to just read out the Merrion St Blog verbatim these days.

Oldira1

Because the media owners are in hock to the same bondholders so they will do nothing to rock the boat

Saoirsí

Website
www.exiledonline.com
Who Fears to Speak of Goldman Sachs?

Several economists and commentators have hinted at the papers sitting on various big stories and not acting. What are they afraid of, the people are crying out for the truth and only story our media will break are blatant government leaks and kites, RTE seem to just read out the Merrion St Blog verbatim these days.
The only one I'm aware of bringing this up in the Dáil is Sinn Féin's Martin Ferris; anyone have any quotes from others? Please let us know, I'm genuinely curious - it's one thing to blame the media, but TD's have parliamentary privilege, so what's their excuse?

Ferris: Government is being advised by the bond holders
October 28, 2010

The Sinn Féin Spokesperson on Workers Rights, Martin Ferris TD has claimed that the Government’s austerity programme is not only designed to pay for failed bondholders and speculators but is being advised by them. He referred to the fact that the Chairperson of Goldman Sachs Peter Sutherland whose Asset Management section holds Anglo Bonds has been advising the Government on the cuts [...]

“Take Peter Sutherland for example. He has held various high positions in this state and on behalf of this state abroad. His views are still given a lot of credence and he was recently widely quoted in claiming that this state had an obligation to protect the Anglo Irish bondholders.

“And of course he has been advising, in a totally disinterested way of course, the Government on how they should deal with the crisis. Among his proposals has been to sell state companies. And no doubt he probably knows chaps who might be interested in buying them at a fair price.

“How many of those who referred favourably to Sir Peter’s excellent advice also referred to his own possible self interest and the interest of his friends in all of this? He is, after all, Chairperson of Goldman Sachs whose Asset Management section is a key Anglo bondholder and which incidentally made profits of more than €13 billion last year.

“If our priority is to look after people like this, then the description given on one web site of Ireland as, ‘an international welfare state for super-rich bankers’ is all too accurate.”

blodger

bondholders

Am I missing something here, I can't see what the big deal is. The biggest bondholders will always appear as large financial institutions, but they are not the ultimate holders, their policyholders are. For example I have invested in an Aviva policy, so I am a holder of bonds. Pension funds have always been significant bondholders. This is why the media have nothing to report on here. If bondholders take a hit then anyone with a pension must take a hit.

Most Replies