Haiti

Aristodemus

It just seems to reel from one disaster to the next, first an earthquake then numerous hurricanes. What I find strange is that Haiti shares an island with the Dominican Republic yet we never hear of natural disasters afflicting that country. Presumably the earthquake that hit Haiti also had an effect on the Dominican Republic, and I doubt that the hurricane that swept through the Caribbean turned away from that country. Can anyone shed any light on this?

O

Oscurito

It just seems to reel from one disaster to the next, first an earthquake then numerous hurricanes. What I find strange is that Haiti shares an island with the Dominican Republic yet we never hear of natural disasters afflicting that country. Presumably the earthquake that hit Haiti also had an effect on the Dominican Republic, and I doubt that the hurricane that swept through the Caribbean turned away from that country. Can anyone shed any light on this?
The epicentre of the 2010 earthquake was in SW Haiti some distance from the Dominican Republic border. The Dominican Republic is wealthier (hence better built houses), has a lower density of population, far less soil erosion etc....

Spanner Island

I think this w*nker had something to do with it >>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fran%C3%A7ois_Duvalier

François Duvalier (aka Papa Doc)

Haiti has never recovered.

eoghanacht

Clinton and Dinny......

They built a five star hotel with all that hurricane money they collected.

I flicked over to news talk the other day, Coleman was on. I know, I know. They were discussing Haiti and the aftermath of the last disaster.

Thankfully Shane knows his audience so a senior talking head from another arm of Dinny's consortium was brough on to tell us all about the sterling altruist work Dinny is doing over there. Oh, and more importantly he was there to tell us that digi cells infrastructure was intact, phew.

eoghanacht

Lara2

Clinton and Dinny......

They built a five star hotel with all that hurricane money they collected.

I flicked over to news talk the other day, Coleman was on. I know, I know. They were discussing Haiti and the aftermath of the last disaster.

Thankfully Shane knows his audience so a senior talking head from another arm of Dinny's consortium was brough on to tell us all about the sterling altruist work Dinny is doing over there. Oh, and more importantly he was there to tell us that digi cells infrastructure was intact, phew.
I was only thinking about Haiti last night and how unfortunate they were, what with Hurricane Katrina wiping out 200,000 people there in 2010, and the recent storm killing over a thousand, leaving many more starving and a cholera outbreak. What happened to Dennis O'Brien's enterprise there, I wondered, and didn't the Clinton Foundation have a charity set up for the Haitians to help rebuild the country and provide infrastructure that would protect the population against severe weather and poverty, well doesn't it turn out that the only stable buildings there are hotels for visitors, and whatever happened to that 14 billion dollars donated to the Clinton foundation for Haiti? Well, according to the former Haitian Senate President, Bernard Sansaricq, the Haitians didn't see a penny of it. This article was written a few days ago:

Sansaricq pointed out that some of the 14.3 billion dollars the Clinton Foundation was given to rebuild the country after the 2010 earthquake could have been put toward building hurricane-proof infrastructure. But the Clintons only enriched themselves and did nothing to help the victims -- and now the body count for Hurricane Matthew has gone up to over 1,000 people and millions of homes have been destroyed.
Much more here, note a 2 page article: https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/10/13/former-haitian-senate-president-calls-clintons-common-thieves-who-should-be-in-jail/?singlepage=true Former Haitian Senate President Calls Clintons 'Common Thieves Who Should Be in Jail'

Denis O Denis O’Brien used Clinton connections to help Haiti relief efforts Businessman emailed Clinton Foundation asking for help with transport of supplies

eoghanacht

I was only thinking about Haiti last night and how unfortunate they were, what with Hurricane Katrina wiping out 200,000 people there in 2010, and the recent storm killing over a thousand, leaving many more starving and a cholera outbreak. What happened to Dennis O'Brien's enterprise there, I wondered, and didn't the Clinton Foundation have a charity set up for the Haitians to help rebuild the country and provide infrastructure that would protect the population against severe weather and poverty, well doesn't it turn out that the only stable buildings there are hotels for visitors, and whatever happened to that 14 billion dollars donated to the Clinton foundation for Haiti? Well, according to the former Haitian Senate President, Bernard Sansaricq, the Haitians didn't see a penny of it. This article was written a few days ago:

Much more here, note a 2 page article: https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/10/13/former-haitian-senate-president-calls-clintons-common-thieves-who-should-be-in-jail/?singlepage=true Former Haitian Senate President Calls Clintons 'Common Thieves Who Should Be in Jail'

Denis O Denis O’Brien used Clinton connections to help Haiti relief efforts Businessman emailed Clinton Foundation asking for help with transport of supplies

The bould Dinny is going to save us from Trump tyranny!

madmullah

He be an ideal lad to have on Dublin Bus for the Christmas...

On top of all that Haiti has had to endure years of humanitarian aid and so called development assistance from every NGO and Aid agency, UN etc. that has completely f----up the people , making them more dependent than ever and polluting the world with people going arouNd with those sleeveless jackets woith WFP, UN , FAO, IRC, GOAL etc written on them .. Doing good because we care ************************....
Poor Haiti

Clanrickard

On top of all that Haiti has had to endure years of humanitarian aid and so called development assistance from every NGO and Aid agency, UN etc. that has completely f----up the people , making them more dependent than ever and polluting the world with people going arouNd with those sleeveless jackets woith WFP, UN , FAO, IRC, GOAL etc written on them .. Doing good because we care ************************....
Poor Haiti
Yes down with NGOs and the UN. A bit of self reliance will put hair on their chests.

Clanrickard

Yes Haiti is much poorer than the Dominican Republic. When natural disasters trike they do far more damage in poorer countries.

TedHankey

Poor Haiti
Yep, basically it's: I'm all right jack, keep your hands off of my stack. Oh but look at them over yonder, they don't have any stack, you should give me some of your stack so that they can have some stack. But whatever you do don't touch my stack, I earned that.

New Threads