• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Hamas, Fatah and their disregard for human rights

Iphonista

We already know about the bestialities perpetrated by Hamas and its supporters on anyone who steps out of line in Gaza. Under Fatah, things are undeniably better. You don't get publicly executed and then have your body dragged through the streets. However, it seems that criticising Mahmoud Abbas on Facebook is enough reason to get you locked up with a long prison sentence.

We've seen the Arab Spring in numerous countries in North Africa unelected autocrats were kicked out by people power. I wonder when will this Arab Spring reach Gaza and the West Bank.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/12/opinion/palestines-democratic-deficit.html?_r=2&

Andy4571

We already know about the bestialities perpetrated by Hamas and its supporters on anyone who steps out of line in Gaza. Under Fatah, things are undeniably better. You don't get publicly executed and then have your body dragged through the streets. However, it seems that criticising Mahmoud Abbas on Facebook is enough reason to get you locked up with a long prison sentence.

We've seen the Arab Spring in numerous countries in North Africa unelected autocrats were kicked out by people power. I wonder when will this Arab Spring reach Gaza and the West Bank.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/12/opinion/palestines-democratic-deficit.html?_r=2&
Surprising enough, nobody on here is concerned about this. Nothing to see here folks, move along now :lol:

EoinMag

I suppose when the Israelis stop destroying Palestine and actually allow the people to live rather than trying to strangle the country then people might get enough clarity to settle down and see barbarity as less than normal.

Analyzer

Human Rights in the regimes of the Middle East is always a touchy subject.

Andy4571

I suppose when the Israelis stop destroying Palestine and actually allow the people to live rather than trying to strangle the country then people might get enough clarity to settle down and see barbarity as less than normal.
Or maybe totally normal for most Muslim states.

TheWexfordInn

Ah I get it know - human rights abuses by Hamas and Fatah are all Israels fault.

Iphonista

Surprising enough, nobody on here is concerned about this. Nothing to see here folks, move along now :lol:
I know. This is about The Rights of Palestinians. Where's Kalipa? Where's Eyelight? Where's Dame Enda? Why hasn't Carlos the Jackass come slithering in to sneer about the chosen people and filthy goyim?

Iphonista

I know. This is about The Rights of Palestinians. Where's Kalipa? Where's Eyelight? Where's Dame Enda? Why hasn't Carlos the Jackass come slithering in to sneer about the chosen people and filthy goyim?
Slap that forehead.....of course. They can't use these human rights violations to attack Israel.

Andy4571

Its only a human rights issue and worthy of condemning if those nasty Joo's are the perpetrators. Their silence on 70,000 or more death in neighbouring Syria is a perfect example of that.

GDPR

The interesting thing is that these laws also exist in Europe. Taking the Netherlands as an example you can get jail time, or a fine for: Insulting a random person, insulting the Dutch monarch and insulting the head of state of a befriended state. The latter, however, is no longer enforced.

That said, laws like the one employed by Palestine are unnecessary restrictions on freedom of speech.

Shqiptar

This is par for the course. Late last year, I started a thread wondering at the lack of outrage from Palestinian solidarity types regarding Syrian atrocities against the Palestinian community. The thread did generate some outrage - against me for daring to question only-Israel-is-bad narrative.

eoghanacht

You jew hater you. ;)

eoghanacht

Lots of people get arrested in China for criticizing the regime, funny how andy, iphinista etc never get up in arms about that.

Odd

Iphonista

this is par for the course. Late last year, i started a thread wondering at the lack of outrage from palestinian solidarity types regarding syrian atrocities against the palestinian community. The thread did generate some outrage - against me for daring to question only-israel-is-bad narrative.
qed....

Iphonista

Lots of people get arrested in China for criticizing the regime, funny how andy, iphinista etc never get up in arms about that.

Odd
Lots of people get arrested in West Bank and Gaza for criticizing the regimes, funny how Eoghanacht etc never get up in arms about that.

Odd

eoghanacht

Lots of people get arrested in West Bank and Gaza for criticizing the regimes, funny how Eoghanacht etc never get up in arms about that.

Odd

No need my friend when we have shills like you

former wesleyan

Odd
Boycott I say.

pinemartin

This is par for the course. Late last year, I started a thread wondering at the lack of outrage from Palestinian solidarity types regarding Syrian atrocities against the Palestinian community. The thread did generate some outrage - against me for daring to question only-Israel-is-bad narrative.
Shouldnt you be over on the Mysterious 'Prisoner X' thread defending Israels treatment of MR X?

Iphonista

No need my friend when we have shills like you
The point is that it's not humanly possible to post about all the shenanigans going on around the world. Most people will focus on one country or area they're interested in and concern themselves with that. What's different about Gaza and the West Bank is that so many people are agog with rage if the Israelis are perceived to be infringing on Palestinian rights. But if it's the Palestinian leaders infringing on their own people's human rights, no one seems to give a damn.