Hanged for the crime of being gay in Iran

Clanrickard

Tehran hangs teenage boy for being gay | World | The Times & The Sunday Times

A teenage boy has been hanged in Iran in the country’s first confirmed execution of a juvenile this year, prompting fears for the fate of 160 other young offenders on death row.
Appalling. I looked around for the usual virtue signalers to see if there was some protest organized. Nothing. Nada. Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Dublin, Ireland Here is the address of the Iranian Embassy. I sent them an email and as yet no reply. That Gays are being put to death in Saudi Arabia, Iran and ISIS seems not to register with the cool right on types. It is also a disgrace that no Irish politician has made any comment as far as I am aware. :evil:

gerhard dengler

Appalling. I looked around for the usual virtue signalers to see if there was some protest organized. Nothing. Nada. Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Dublin, Ireland Here is the address of the Iranian Embassy. I sent them an email and as yet no reply. That Gays are being put to death in Saudi Arabia, Iran and ISIS seems not to register with the cool right on types. It is also a disgrace that no Irish politician has made any comment as far as I am aware. :evil:
No one should be executed for their sexual orientation.

Trainwreck

Look, there is this tiny weeny, infinitesimally small, quantum-sized proportion of Muslims who are oppressive and violent.

So just SHUT UP RACIST!

Religion of Peace[SUP]TM[/SUP]

A Voice

The collective Iranian judiciary had mental health issues. Nothing to do with Islam.

LDF

The guy was found guilty of rape. I don't agree with the death penalty and there's no doubt that the Iranian Justice System is deeply flawed and attitudes towards gay people leave a lot to be desired but to say he is being executed for being gay is a little misleading.

Trainwreck

The guy was found guilty of rape. I don't agree with the death penalty and there's no doubt that the Iranian Justice System is deeply flawed and attitudes towards gay people leave a lot to be desired but to say he is being executed for being gay is little misleading.
Are fúcking kidding me? Let's put his age aside for a moment, now consider:

You live in Iran. You (a boy) get caught having sex with another boy. You know that the penalties are dire. Extremely dire.

"Oh, no. I wasn't having homosexual sex, I was being raped".

You don't think this would happen? Iran is the world leader in avoiding execution for being homosexual. It has the highest rate of "gender reassignment" in the world. Sounds bizarre, huh? Until you realise that this is the way homosexuals avoid getting hanged - they become "women".

mangaire2

The secondary school pupil was convicted of raping another boy, which he denied, in a two-month trial where he had no access to a lawyer.

looks more likely that he was hanged for the crime of RAPE !

roc_

In Iran you can avoid the Sharia prescribed punishment (death by hanging) by choosing instead to undergo a state provided sex change operation. Under the Shia strain of Islam, the "supreme leader" can decree Islamic laws like that if he decides to (of course, these laws must still adhere to "learned interpretations" of Islamic juriprudence etc.).

Felixness

The guy was found guilty of rape. I don't agree with the death penalty and there's no doubt that the Iranian Justice System is deeply flawed and attitudes towards gay people leave a lot to be desired but to say he is being executed for being gay is a little misleading.
It would be interesting to read the full story. We don't know for certain that he did commit a rape, it could be that the person he's accused of raping was too frightened to admit to it being consensual sex. Either way, the religion of peace in Iran has a very high number of homosexuals jailed for being gay. Which is more important, religious freedom or gay rights? This one should cause head explosions among the SJW's.

Florence

If you read the linked article, he was 17 at the time of the alleged rape and was denied access to a lawyer. He denies that he raped the boy who accused him. Sometimes accusations of rape are false for a variety of reason. His rape conviction has to be suspect. Not clear whether he even had the option of an appeal against conviction.

Roll_On

I once done a catering job in Saint Helen's Hotel which was hosting an Eid party for the Iranian embassy. They insisted on bringing in all their solid gold ornaments, paintings etc. requiring 5 or 6 weedy Iranian lads to carry them. All the kids were going around with new iPads. Iranian officialdom is very flash(tacky) it seems. They'd make you sick really, ordinary Iranian folk who aren't in the elite are very hospitable people, they love visiters, altogether a really f*(ked up place.

Roll_On

That's what they charge all the gays they kill with.

Trainwreck

The secondary school pupil was convicted of raping another boy, which he denied, in a two-month trial where he had no access to a lawyer.

looks more likely that he was hanged for the crime of RAPE !
As Amnesty note:

Furthermore, the existence of laws in Iran that criminalize consensual male to male sexual intercourse with the death penalty means that if the intercourse in this case had been deemed consensual, the teenager who accused Hassan Afshar of rape would himself have been sentenced to death.

mangaire2

didn't know you were a fan of Amnesty.

anyway -
"if the intercourse in this case had been deemed consensual" , it wouldn't have been rape.

from the brief details in the link here, it would appear that the guy was found guilty of RAPE,
but never let the truth spoil a good story.

sure ol Clanricard needs an excuse for a daily Hate Fest !

Kilbarry

Homophobia

The collective Iranian judiciary had mental health issues. Nothing to do with Islam.
What we need is more gays on this island going into cake shops, demanding that the (Christian) owners bake them a cake celebrating same-sex marriage and then suing when the owners refuse. The owners' behaviour is at the beginning of a spectrum of homophobia that ends with hangings!

Cdebru

Read the amnesty report, and it appears that he was actually executed for rape, not for being gay, the amnesty report focusses more on the fact that the crime for which he was convicted was committed while he was still a minor, the silence on this one may be partly because Iran's biggest critic the US only stopped executing people who committed an offence as a minor just over a decade ago, maybe it's a little too soon to get up on the soapbox and complain about the execution of minors, especially given that Hillary Clintons husband oversaw the execution of 12 people who were minors when their crimes were committed, during his term in office including a 16 year old.
That is not a defence of Iran or it's medieval regime that views homosexual acts as a capitol offence, just a possible explanation as to why the west in general has been so quiet on this.

Roll_On

There was a similar case a few years ago in Iran in which the receptive partner tried to get the charges dropped, insisted it was consensual and of course ended up being executed himself also. They can be a romantic bunch at times, there's defo a soppy film in there somewhere.

Trainwreck

anyway -
"if the intercourse in this case had been deemed consensual" , it wouldn't have been rape.

from the brief details in the link here, it would appear that the guy was found guilty of RAPE,

I donate monthly to Amnesty, what abut you? I'm not a fan of some of their recent of the rails SJW bullshít though.

Trainwreck

anyway -

As pointed out, if deemed consensual, he would have been executed just the same, but his partner would have joined him.

What do you have against gays?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies