• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Happy Dies Natalis Solis Invicti

EvotingMachine0197

Or Birthday of the Unconquered Sun.

Sol Invictus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sol Invictus was an official Roman Sun god. Like all their ancestors before them, and since humans had the intelligence to look up to the sky and notice stuff like the movements of the sun, the Romans revered the sun in proper pagan style and witnessed its annual rebirth and resurrection with a big party. Lots of booze, presumably.

At least this incorporeal, mythical jesus character was based on something real.

Happy Dies Natalis Solis Invicti. Have a good one.

human 19

Its too late , and too much Erdinger has been consumed for me to doubt the veracity of your extensive research , so I will just say , Happy ..whatevever it is I am supposed to be happy about....:p

Alan Alda

And there was I thinking Coca Cola invented this whole thing. You learn something new everyday.Anyhoo happy xmas ,hic, ya bunch of ****s. I love ya tho. Hic.

human 19

And there was I thinking Coca Cola invented this whole thing. You learn something new everyday.Anyhoo happy xmas ,hic, ya bunch of ****s. I love ya tho. Hic.
Yooooure my beeeeest friend......Are you bleedin' startin; ya fkucing cuuunt,?

EvotingMachine0197

Today is Sunday.

Constantine decreed (March 7, 321) dies Solis—day of the sun, "Sunday"—as the Roman day of rest [CJ3.12.2]:
On the venerable day of the Sun let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed. In the country however persons engaged in agriculture may freely and lawfully continue their pursuits because it often happens that another day is not suitable for grain-sowing or vine planting; lest by neglecting the proper moment for such operations the bounty of heaven should be lost.[23]
Yet Dunnes Stores was open until midnight. How unconstantine is that?

pippakin

Sol Invictus was an official Roman Sun god. Like all their ancestors before them, and since humans had the intelligence to look up to the sky and notice stuff like the movements of the sun, the Romans revered the sun in proper pagan style and witnessed its annual rebirth and resurrection with a big party. Lots of booze, presumably.

At least this incorporeal, mythical jesus character was based on something real.

The rebirth of the God. Happy Yule.

Tea Party Patriot

Claim he wasn't God, claim he wasn't a prophet, but please don't try to claim that Jesus didn't exist. By trying to claim that he didn't exist and ignoring all the near contemporary historical sources that mention him you are by extension ruling out an awful lot of other historical figures.

On the 25th of December thing, yes the Roman Church did take a lot of dates of pagan festivals and apply their own definitions to them.

Catalpast

- & a Happy Christmas to you too...:D

EvotingMachine0197

Claim he wasn't God, claim he wasn't a prophet, but please don't try to claim that Jesus didn't exist. By trying to claim that he didn't exist and ignoring all the near contemporary historical sources that mention him you are by extension ruling out an awful lot of other historical figures.

On the 25th of December thing, yes the Roman Church did take a lot of dates of pagan festivals and apply their own definitions to them.
I'm not a historian, and I don't have 20 years to spare crawling over ancient texts. So I'll go with my gut. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. I don't care. But I'd bet the family house he never made a blind man see.

EvotingMachine0197

Depends which book you read. Sun God, Lord of the Wild Hunt. Its is the rebirth of the God and the lengthening of the days.
There's a grand stretch in the evenings now. We've already gained four minutes in the evening since December 14th.

pippakin

There's a grand stretch in the evenings now. We've already gained four minutes in the evening since December 14th.
I walked less than a mile to my car. It was daylight when I started it was dark when I got there, that was yesterday at approximately 16.30. Living in rural Ireland is grand but you don't want to be out walking on a cloudy night. I don't care what people call him I'm glad he's back.

I'm no expert but I believe the Romans had a habit of appropriating the Gods of other nations/people and in so doing placing their own Gods above those of the appropriated. Hail Cesar.

EvotingMachine0197

I walked less than a mile to my car. It was daylight when I started it was dark when I got there, that was yesterday at approximately 16.30. Living in rural Ireland is grand but you don't want to be out walking on a cloudy night. I don't care what people call him I'm glad he's back.

I'm no expert but I believe the Romans had a habit of appropriating the Gods of other nations/people and in so doing placing their own Gods above those of the appropriated. Hail Cesar.
Hail Aurelius Pippakinus.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies