• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Happy Father's day. Or is it.

alexo

As a father of three who has just been served my breakfast in bed I am grateful for father's day and the fact I will be spoilt all day by my kids. However, all people like me should remember that many other fathers will not have this treatment.

If I was to seperate from my wife the chances of me getting full custody of the kids are very slight indeed. Is this because I would be a worse career than my wife? Is it because I cannot provide for my children? No, the reason I would be unlikely to get custody of my kids is the fact that I am a man.

So happy fathers day to all but don't forget to think of the good men out there who have been descriminated against and deprived of equal rights in terms of bringing up their children. Also don't forget that it could be you if the laws do not change.

Here's a link to the unmarried and seperated fathers of Ireland website
Welcome to USFI

ajax1000

Rather than going to the trouble of reading this, can you tell me are these the guys who hang out of buildings in batman suits?

alexo

Rather than going to the trouble of reading this, can you tell me are these the guys who hang out of buildings in batman suits?
No, you're thinking of fathers for justice over in England. This is an irish group campaigning for fathers' rights and chages to the law, not aware of any superhero involvement over here.

amblincork

As a father of three who has just been served my breakfast in bed I am grateful for father's day and the fact I will be spoilt all day by my kids. However, all people like me should remember that many other fathers will not have this treatment.

If I was to seperate from my wife the chances of me getting full custody of the kids are very slight indeed. Is this because I would be a worse career than my wife? Is it because I cannot provide for my children? No, the reason I would be unlikely to get custody of my kids is the fact that I am a man.

So happy fathers day to all but don't forget to think of the good men out there who have been descriminated against and deprived of equal rights in terms of bringing up their children. Also don't forget that it could be you if the laws do not change.

Welcome to USFI
I am a divorced father and dont need to see this type of b/s thread first thing on Father's day !
Play with your own kids and refrain from exploiting separated parents so you can get your ' I am a caring human' kicks this morning.:(:(

ajax1000

I am a divorced father and dont need to see this type of b/s thread first thing on Father's day !
Play with your own kids and refrain from exploiting separated parents so you can get your ' I am a caring human' kicks this morning.:(:(
I can only assume you have problems dealing with the 'smug married'.

corelli

Welcome to USFI
You may also have been one of those wonderful husbands who kicked the s**t out of your wife in the presence of your kids. Not all fathers are wonderful people!!

Clanrickard

You may also have been one of those wonderful husbands who kicked the s**t out of your wife in the presence of your kids. Not all fathers are wonderful people!!
The usual whataboutery from the whiny left. Stick to the topic of the gross inequality in father's and mother's rights. It is a national disgrace and has huge societal ramifications.

Mar Tweedy

and lets not forget all those kids who weren't making 'happy father's day' cards in school along with their classmates because their fathers have fecked off out of their lives.

alexo

I never said all men were woderful people. The fact is however when it comes to care of children, following relationship breakdown, men are massively discrimminated against. If I split from my wife I know I will have next to no chance of full custody. I will be forced to be a saturday dad.

It is a fact that men are unfairly treated and unless people support groups such as the the USFI then nothing will change.

corelli

The usual whataboutery from the whiny left. Stick to the topic of the gross inequality in father's and mother's rights. It is a national disgrace and has huge societal ramifications.
You have no proof of that, whatsoever. The only independant study on the issue, by Carol Coulter, would show the opposite, in that joint custody is awarded in the majority of cases.

ajax1000

I never said all men were woderful people. The fact is however when it comes to care of children, following relationship breakdown, men are massively discrimminated against. If I split from my wife I know I will have next to no chance of full custody. I will be forced to be a saturday dad.

It is a fact that men are unfairly treated and unless people support groups such as the the USFI then nothing will change.
Spoken like a true SNAG (sensitive new age guy), the sort of husband who cares about his wife's orgasm. I am considering having a relationship with you myself.

Clanrickard

You have no proof of that, whatsoever. The only independant study on the issue, by Carol Coulter, would show the opposite, in that joint custody is awarded in the majority of cases.
The Opening Post was by alexo and by the sound of things he has a good family life with his 3 kids. He wondered what would happen if he was divorced. You then twisted it to talk about men battering their wives (even though wives hit husbands just as much). I find the linking of the two crass and a cheap shot at father's rights. Speaking to lawyers involved the reality is that while joint custody is awarded in the majority of cases if the wife cuts up rough she usually gets the better deal custody wise. This happens in a significant majority of cases and results in fathers cut off from their children and going through a life of misery. Doesn't bother the pc left and their feminist allies. As a father it bothers me.

Also I note you failed to mention that where the parents aren't married the mother gets automatic custody as per our constitution. As over a third of kids are born outside of marriage I'd say on balance that leaves a lot of fathers with no rights at all. I wonder are they having a happy father's day?

Andrew49

Twitter
AndrewSB49
If I was to separate from my wife the chances of me getting full custody of the kids are very slight indeed. Is this because I would be a worse career than my wife? Is it because I cannot provide for my children? No, the reason I would be unlikely to get custody of my kids is the fact that I am a man.

So happy fathers day to all but don't forget to think of the good men out there who have been discriminated against and deprived of equal rights in terms of bringing up their children. Also don't forget that it could be you if the laws do not change.

Welcome to USFI
I thought joint custody was granted in nearly all cases before the Family Law Courts ? I know these courts are shrouded in secrecy !

Cato

Tell me, in the majority of those joint-custody awards, where was the child to reside, with the mother or the father?

ajax1000

Reality is lots of guys don't really want the burden of bringing up children. They drift off into new relationships and establish new family pattern.

The burden of care rests with the mother.

Cato

and lets not forget all those kids who weren't making 'happy father's day' cards in school along with their classmates because their fathers have fecked off out of their lives.
Could we refrain from posting the above BS; Clanrickard has your answer below...

Cato

Reality is lots of guys don't really want the burden of bringing up children. They drift off into new relationships and establish new family pattern.

The burden of care rests with the mother.
Proof? Or is that to much to ask from you, Bob?

At least your post above is a break from your earlier provocative BS. What caused you to raise your head out of the swamp?

ajax1000

Proof? Or is that to much to ask from you, Bob?

At least your post above is a break from your earlier provocative BS. What caused you to raise your head out of the swamp?
I see with my own eyes. Guys are guided by their p*****. They need sex and women to look after thwem.

corelli

The Opening Post was by alexo and by the sound of things he has a good family life with his 3 kids. He wondered what would happen if he was divorced. You then twisted it to talk about men battering their wives (even though wives hit husbands just as much). I find the linking of the two crass and a cheap shot at father's rights. Speaking to lawyers involved the reality is that while joint custody is awarded in the majority of cases if the wife cuts up rough she usually gets the better deal custody wise. This happens in a significant majority of cases and results in fathers cut off from their children and going through a life of misery. Doesn't bother the pc left and their feminist allies. As a father it bothers me.

Also I note you failed to mention that where the parents aren't married the mother gets automatic custody as per our constitution. As over a third of kids are born outside of marriage I'd say on balance that leaves a lot of fathers with no rights at all. I wonder are they having a happy father's day?
I happen to be one of those involved in the system.

First point. You accept that in the majority of cases joint custody is awarded. Fair enough. Thats very reasonable and you deserve credit for saying so.

In relation to people cutting up rough, that is equally applicable to both sexes in my experience. Given the adversarial system which is our legal system, someone, in circumstances where people have a fight in the course of proceedings, will loose and someone will win.

In relation to unmarried couples, the Guardian of Infants Act comes into play which stipulates that an unmarried father must apply for guardianship, it is not automatic. It was designed to prevent against abuses, in terms of one night stands/rapes etc etc.