Happy International Men's Day!

Auld Cynic

It's after 5pm and I can see no reference to the fact that this is International Men's Day on P.ie & it should be celebrated. There are many serious issues for men - health, high suicide rates, unfair treatment in the family courts, the oppressive nature for men of much of the feminist culture etc. etc.

Sotired

I wasn't aware of it.

I was too busy doing the shopping and the ironing.

D

Deleted member 45466

Sundays are usually the day that my husband does the hoovering and cleans the bathroom, so today he got the day off and got to sit on his butt for the day. I cooked him a lovely steak dinner and now he's insisting on doing the dishes, ah well I tried.
Blowjob later?

Sotired

I happened to see it in a tweet and wondered why it gets so much less publicity than its female equivalent.
In fairness, you hear on the radio that it's international something or other most days, and say to yourself 'I did not know that'.

Here's the list of them for this year.

International Days | United Nations

I can understand why it doesn't get much publicity, given the other headlines in the news, mostly concerning the misdeeds of a few men, and the fact that there doesn't seem to be a very vocal lobbying group promoting men's issues, like there is for countless other groups.

Anyway, must dash.

The dinner isn't going to prepare itself.

D

Deleted member 45466

In fairness, you hear on the radio that it's international something or other most days, and say to yourself 'I did not know that'.

Here's the list of them for this year.

International Days | United Nations

I can understand why it doesn't get much publicity, given the other headlines in the news, mostly concerning the misdeeds of a few men, and the fact that there doesn't seem to be a very vocal lobbying group promoting men's issues, like there is for countless other groups.

Anyway, must dash.

The dinner isn't going to prepare itself.
Sustainable Gastronomy day?

Oh mercy!

Auld Cynic

Sundays are usually the day that my husband does the hoovering and cleans the bathroom, so today he got the day off and got to sit on his butt for the day. I cooked him a lovely steak dinner and now he's insisting on doing the dishes, ah well I tried.
Typical man, I'm afraid - refusing to rest or take any time for himself & always willing to please!

Auld Cynic

When is Domestic Men's Day?

I'm not sure I'm International...
I'm afraid you are intending to put a Spanner in the works. It's International because it's supposed to be celebrated in multiple countries on the same day. Sadly, however, because of the absence of effective men's lobbying groups as a poster has pointed out, it's celebrated all too little.

I don't believe there is a Domestic Men's Day yet but a separate feast day is always welcome if you feel like taking the initiative.

Sotired

As I passed by my missus, who was reclining on the couch, glass of red wine in one hand, and a bowl of spicy coated peanuts beside her, as I was taking out the very full bin, which was only half full three hours ago, before my missus started making the Christmas pudding mix, I told her that it was International Men's day.

"I'll show you my tits then" was her reply.

Auld Cynic

As I passed by my missus, who was reclining on the couch, glass of red wine in one hand, and a bowl of spicy coated peanuts beside her, as I was taking out the very full bin, which was only half full three hours ago, before my missus started making the Christmas pudding mix, I told her that it was International Men's day.

Sounds like you might be in with a chance tonight - unless of course all that domestic drudgery has sapped your energy!

ellie08

What a lovely gesture!

Notachipanoaktree

I happened to see it in a tweet and wondered why it gets so much less publicity than its female equivalent.
Because it's a feminist conspiracy to feminise and subjugate men.

The offer was equality for all. It was rejected for no equality, no surrender, let the bast*ards suffer.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies