Hare Coursers and people involved in simiar sports - A Step up to Serial Killing?

fluffykontbiscuits

I have come across a number of people here involved in the defence of blood sports and their campaign for the acceptance of inflicting damage on to others . In the UK up until 2000, the National Coursing club awarded points to dogs that killed hares through stealth and speed (House of Commons Standing Committee F (pt 8)) . This would indicate to me that bloodlust was widely acceptable until people obviously campaigned their MP's to change it in the UK. A step up from this blood lust is the graduation theory that people whom are involved of the enjoyment of inflicting torture upon animals are , if you will excuse the pun, a hares breath from stepping up to kill humans (From Animal Cruelty to Serial Murder: Applying the Graduation Hypothesis ? Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol). There is a vast difference between killing an animal to survive as this indicates an inate human need to survive and continue on to live but blood lust is a different ball game. I invite the pro blood sports campaigners to disprove the graduation theory.....

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
there's a particular website that's encouraging their members to come over here and post (which is all fine) - Tho I was banned 5 mins after signing up trying to see what was being said.

Perhaps Tomybhoy will explain, I'm sure he'll be along here shortly.

wellfkmepink

This is getting old.

One major flaw in your post is the omission of the FACT that dogs are muzzled now.

The rest is just an attempt by you to inflict your opinion and values on people who do not agree with your opinions or values through the use of emotional language untruths and misleading arguments.

tomybhoy

Website
www.greyhoundnuts.com
WE dont allow antis on our site, that incudes you David pet.
You can play with your terrorist friends over here and chat to them in the George later on about how great ye are at lying and twisting facts to suit your sick agenda.
Maybe ye can plan to dig up a corpse or possibly blacken someone by calling them paedophiles, thats what SHAC UK do in the UK and some of your posters are aligned with them.
You must be very proud of yourself.

Last edited:

Arracht

Some of the animal rights brigade would lump angling in with fox hunting as a blood sport.
That's a lot of potential serial killers!

D

Duth Ealla

I have come across a number of people here involved in the defence of blood sports and their campaign for the acceptance of inflicting damage on to others . In the UK up until 2000, the National Coursing club awarded points to dogs that killed hares through stealth and speed (House of Commons Standing Committee F (pt 8)) . This would indicate to me that bloodlust was widely acceptable until people obviously campaigned their MP's to change it in the UK. A step up from this blood lust is the graduation theory that people whom are involved of the enjoyment of inflicting torture upon animals are , if you will excuse the pun, a hares breath from stepping up to kill humans (From Animal Cruelty to Serial Murder: Applying the Graduation Hypothesis ? Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol). There is a vast difference between killing an animal to survive as this indicates an inate human need to survive and continue on to live but blood lust is a different ball game. I invite the pro blood sports campaigners to disprove the graduation theory.....
wow. Talk about ratching it up to the hyper emotive. A very effective argument which will certainly work.

This is real moral high ground stuff and leads to no debate except spittle and screaming.

Last night I put slug pellets out in the cellar and nailed a few slugs. is this the first step to a Dexter lifestyle.

I hope people who have concerns about blood sports have the good sense to realise that emotive talk of psychos is the worst way to go ahead.

FrankSpeaks

Complete and utter nonsense, hare coursing has been practised for hundreds of years in this country, where are all the serial killers? Case Disproved. QED.

tomybhoy

Website
www.greyhoundnuts.com
Hey my little gay terrorist, please take that the right way please:D
Dogs have been muzzled in Ireland since 1993........thicko.

wellfkmepink

FFS this argument has been rehashed time and time again.

Will EVERYONE stop bringing in irrational emotive ************************e that has NO relevance to the debate.

Once a thread starts that addresses facts and facts alone you may get a decent informed debate that will go some way to settling the argument.

DeputyEdo

I always find debates on animal hunting funny.
You'll get a lot of people against the hunts who would think nothing of buying a battery reared chicken, or buying pork sourced from a pig that's never seen the sun or felt it's warmth on it's back.
They'll live in cities and tell farmers it's bad to kill/hunt foxes, but they won't know the slightest thing about the damage a fox can do to young animals or what it will do to a coop full of chickens.
They won't care about the damage a family of hares/rabbits can do to a field of veg/cereals etc.

fizzgig

I killed a lot of flies during the summer and now I feel I must warn my family and friends that I'm becoming a serial killer. What will I do, is there help out there!

D

Duth Ealla

FFS this argument has been rehashed time and time again.

Will EVERYONE stop bringing in irrational emotive ************************e that has NO relevance to the debate.

Once a thread starts that addresses facts and facts alone you may get a decent informed debate that will go some way to settling the argument.

They cant. Its one of those things where common sense gets thrown out the window and people got all moral and become self-appointed guardians and as a result drive away sympathetic elements while becoming fixated on the issue and unable to park it.

How then could one expect them to be able to bring relevant debate to the table.

Watcher2

If you have ever watched a violent movie you are about to turn into a psychopath.

Same logic.

S

SeamusNapoleon

I see a similiar response to the Minihan-pouring-paint-on-Harney act:

What's next, blood in the streets???

fluffykontbiscuits

The one thing I have to laugh at is that the hare is protected under the Wildlife Act as a protected species and therefore is considered to be endangered!

On the point that I am being emotive, do you see any emotive language in my post? Im trying to understand the psychology behind why people enjoy blood sports and understand the correlation (and indeed if there is one) as to whether there is a link between people who enjoy bloodsports and inflicting stress on animals and the theory that they are on a road to inflicting the same torture on humans.

Tomybhoy You can play with your terrorist friends over here and chat to them in the George later on about how great ye are at lying and twisting facts to suit your sick agenda.
Tomybhoy Hey my little gay terrorist, please take that the right way please
This is the type of thing that I mean, the homophobic comments you are spouting, are you moving on to the next step from coursing as in taking pleasure from the abuse of other human beings?

Duth the reason you put slug pellets out is to defend your garden from pests, your intention was not to sit there and draw enjoyment from watching a slug die was it? If you did I would have had you in a psychologists couch....

So again I ask....what is the feeling you get when you see a hare been chased by dogs? (This is what happens.... )

As well then to begin with a description of what actually takes place at a coursing meeting. Two dogs are released by the 'slipper' when the hare enters the course and is well over 100 yards from the dogs. The dog that comes closest to the hare, causing it to 'turn', is awarded what in coursing parlance is called the 'buckle'. In other words it is a competition based on speed, not on the ability to catch the hare. The hare does sometimes get killed when hit by a dog but it is an extremely rare occurrence since the introduction of muzzling. Coursing takes place between October and February and is forbidden during the hare's breeding season.
An Phoblacht: Hare Coursing debate: For and Against

fluffykontbiscuits

I killed a lot of flies during the summer and now I feel I must warn my family and friends that I'm becoming a serial killer. What will I do, is there help out there!
Flies spread diseases, your motive for killing them was not bloodlust but to prevent yourself falling ill....or did you just say I love killing animals for fun?

fluffykontbiscuits

If you have ever watched a violent movie you are about to turn into a psychopath.

Same logic.
The flaw in your argument though is though is that movies are fabricated, made up all in the imagination, coursing actually takes place. Humans are clever enough to know that.

tomybhoy

Website
www.greyhoundnuts.com
You have some cheek, likening hare coursers to serial killers and then getting insulted about a part of your life you voluntarily advertise on forums.......

wellfkmepink

So again I ask....what is the feeling you get when you see a hair been chased by dogs?
*hare I presume you meant

Its the same feeling fans/supporters of any sport get when watching any sporting competition.

An anticipation of a close competition/upset depending on how closely the dogs are matched.

Then the result unfolds in front of you in the space of ten seconds in either a closely fought race or one dog being a clear cut winner.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies